Archived Removing All God Armor & Weapons.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

65jes89

Leader of SunKiss
Reaction score
Faction
SunKiss
Kingdom
The Holy SunKiss Empire
At some point, something is going to have to give. A full reset is off the table, for obvious reasons. However, the problem still remains that god armor and weapons are worthless. God weapons went from being worth 250-300 regals to 20 regals in two weeks. God armor sets, which were already hurting economically, went from being worth 350-400 regals to 60, again in just under 2 weeks. I honestly don't think it is necessary to explain why this is bad, for the player base and for the economy in general. There's no longer any financial incentive to PvP at all. You get a kill, you get an axe worth 20 regals. You die, you lose an axe worth 20 regals. It doesn't really matter if you get kills. Hell, fixing a set of god armor after you fight costs more than any axe you get from it. A double chest of god axes is worth barely over 1 thousand regals.

So, something has to be done. And the answer isn't just wait for all the gift4all stuff to be saturated into the economy and such. Most god weapon/armor sales are to newer members of the community; you rarely see well-known pvpers buying god armor or weapons. The problem is, many of these people only want one of each of these, as they generally don't pvp and just use them as a utility set. So, the demand is gone. One gift4all, there goes a good portion of the god items market. So, unfortunately at this point this leaves us with very few options, none of which are particularly good if you want to keep the PvP community.

1. Remove all enchanted armor and weapons from the server.
At this point, this is the preferable option. Obviously nobody wants to lose all of their armor and weapons, but they're really worthless anyways. And yes, for a while god armor and weapons would be rather expensive, however, they'll come down eventually, and much faster than god weapons and armor will come back up currently. Additionally, only diamond armor/weapons could be removed to ensure as little loss to the lore trade as possible. There's really not much more to say about it. Without something being done, PvP is going to become a worthless sport, with no real consequences to winning or losing.

2. Lower all protection 3/4 & Sharp 3/4/5 Items to be Lower Enchants.
This is basically the alternative if the above suggestion is deemed too extreme. This would just consist of lowering all the enchantments, so that at the very least items would have to be anviled together in order to be usable in PvP, thereby reducing the overall supply.

Something needs to be done, and it's going to have to involve reducing the supply. It's better to do it now then later once the issue has become even worse.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
and lose my awesome enchanted lore items?
LIKE THAT STUFF YOU GET FROM ARACH'N?
DID YOU FORGET HOW DIFFICUT THAT STUF WAS?
You'll get my no on this part and it wil stay that way until i'm certain i can keep my lore items.

The reason for the decrease of the value is the Axes 4 all and the other 4 all's that's the problem. You will still get my no from this stuff because some people worked really hard for there god items

At some point, something is going to have to give. A full reset is off the table, for obvious reasons. However, the problem still remains that god armor and weapons are worthless. God weapons went from being worth 250-300 regals to 20 regals in two weeks. God armor sets, which were already hurting economically, went from being worth 350-400 regals to 60, again in just under 2 weeks. I honestly don't think it is necessary to explain why this is bad, for the player base and for the economy in general. There's no longer any financial incentive to PvP at all. You get a kill, you get an axe worth 20 regals. You die, you lose an axe worth 20 regals. It doesn't really matter if you get kills. Hell, fixing a set of god armor after you fight costs more than any axe you get from it. A double chest of god axes is worth barely over 1 thousand regals.

So, something has to be done. And the answer isn't just wait for all the gift4all stuff to be saturated into the economy and such. Most god weapon/armor sales are to newer members of the community; you rarely see well-known pvpers buying god armor or weapons. The problem is, many of these people only want one of each of these, as they generally don't pvp and just use them as a utility set. So, the demand is gone. One gift4all, there goes a good portion of the god items market. So, unfortunately at this point this leaves us with very few options, none of which are particularly good if you want to keep the PvP community.

At this point, this is the preferable option. Obviously nobody wants to lose all of their armor and weapons, but they're really worthless anyways. And yes, for a while god armor and weapons would be rather expensive, however, they'll come down eventually, and much faster than god weapons and armor will come back up currently. Additionally, only diamond armor/weapons could be removed to ensure as little loss to the lore trade as possible. There's really not much more to say about it. Without something being done, PvP is going to become a worthless sport, with no real consequences to winning or losing.

This is basically the alternative if the above suggestion is deemed too extreme. This would just consist of lowering all the enchantments, so that at the very least items would have to be anviled together in order to be usable in PvP, thereby reducing the overall supply.

Something needs to be done, and it's going to have to involve reducing the supply. It's better to do it now then later once the issue has become even worse.
I may actually just say that they should remove all of the Gift4All items only.

Because I have a god bow that I spent a year anvilling up and I'd hate to lose all that hard work. Other people can probably relate as well.

Because I have a god bow that I spent a year anvilling up and I'd hate to lose all that hard work. Other people can probably relate as well.
I totally agree with you reptillicus

This won't happen because people donated to receive these items.

I do remember on a server I payed on, we had this plugin that made possible enchants go up to level 10. Obviously, people made a killing with fortune 10 picks and flooded the economy with diamonds for months on end before something was done.

Basically, the owner found a plugin that would lower the enchantment level of fortune down to level 3, or the vanilla levels. Any items that were fortune 4+ still had their effect until being used, at which they would downgrade automatically.

Maybe the same idea could be done to armor. Once someone gets hit, the armor would reduce down to a lower protection level. This could extend to weapons as well, lowering the enchant once contact is made.

Just hashing out my knowledge of a solution.

You'll get my no on this part and it wil stay that way until i'm certain i can keep my lore items.
Tbh arachn was pretty easy, imo, but ya know :P

Yes, some lore items would probably unavoidably be lost. However, I really don't think a couple of lore items should outweigh the complete pointlessness of pvp, darkrooming, etc.

The reason for the decrease of the value is the Axes 4 all and the other 4 all's that's the problem. You will still get my no from this stuff because some people worked really hard for there god items
That's exactly my point. We worked hard for our God items. However all of this is completely worthless, due to gift4alls.

I sincerely doubt they will remove only gift4alls, though I wouldn't really mind that.

As for a god bow, if it took you a year to make (or more than half an hour), you were doing something wrong. :P

Tbh arachn was pretty easy, imo, but ya know :P

Yes, some lore items would probably unavoidably be lost. However, I really don't think a couple of lore items should outweigh the complete pointlessness of pvp, darkrooming, etc.

That's exactly my point. We worked hard for our God items. However all of this is completely worthless, due to gift4alls.

I sincerely doubt they will remove only gift4alls, though I wouldn't really mind that.

As for a god bow, if it took you a year to make (or more than half an hour), you were doing something wrong. :P
Well, I've never been a hardcore PVPer, and I keep my god stuff around only for if I decide to get back into it. So since I don't PVP or even darkroom a ton, yeah, it took a year to get the bow just because I haven't spent tons of time on it.

Even though its a large problem and honestly a solution would be nice it cannot happen. It's just like Nom said, people paid money for those items. They cannot alter those items in any way. The only thing that they can do is change the gift4alls so that they stop adding to the problem. Unfortunately the only way for the problem to get better is when all of the armor4alls finally break and disappear. It's pretty shitty but there is literally nothing that can be implemented to fix the problem from the gift4alls. Massivecraft as a business sold these products and cannot alter them in any way. The only thing they can alter is the future gift4alls. Change the material or the enchants, but the items that currently exist in the market cannot be touched. I wish they could be for the sake of the economy, but unfortunately they cannot.

Even though its a large problem and honestly a solution would be nice it cannot happen. It's just like Nom said, people paid money for those items. They cannot alter those items in any way. The only thing that they can do is change the gift4alls so that they stop adding to the problem. Unfortunately the only way for the problem to get better is when all of the armor4alls finally break and disappear. It's pretty shitty but there is literally nothing that can be implemented to fix the problem from the gift4alls. Massivecraft as a business sold these products and cannot alter them in any way. The only thing they can alter is the future gift4alls. Change the material or the enchants, but the items that currently exist in the market cannot be touched. I wish they could be for the sake of the economy, but unfortunately they cannot.
Actually, they were donations, and so they can alter them. The issue is they don't want to, and I understand why.

However, I really think that a few annoyed people for a couple weeks is better than ruining massive's economy for a couple months, if not permanently.

See the issue isnt with the current ones. It's with all future ones eventually the current ones will break and get destroyed but what needs to change is new donations. Before any donation items are removed from the shop, what should be done is more should be added. I understand the economy is ruined but if no donations are there to support the server there won't be any economy at all

Problem is we are the vast minority now.

Why make such drastic changes for 30 (I'm being Liberal with that number) out of 1000 or so active players? Unfortunately for a successful business you gotta keep your biggest clients happy and at this point we just aren't it. Not saying they don't care about us and aren't trying their best to help us but it is what it is. There's very few staff members that even take part in PvP so even if they wanna help it's like asking a waiter to help NASA build a rocket they just wouldn't even know where to start.

No offense meant to anyone by my post btw.

@EpicAidan1 please explain the "please read subject again" rating
(read as, i demand you exlain it)
I can remove it if you'd like but jes did say
Additionally, only diamond armor/weapons could be removed to ensure as little loss to the lore trade as possible.
Not all of your items would be lost just a few, you might've missed that part. I feel like a couple of missing lore items is a small price to pay for the benefit to the economy.

I can remove it if you'd like but jes did say

Not all of your items would be lost just a few, you might've missed that part. I feel like a couple of missing lore items is a small price to pay for the benefit to the economy.
a few things:
  1. Thank you for answering when i asked
  2. i already tought that something like that would be said
  3. yes, please remove that
  4. I know he said that, but what you may or may not know is that the sacreficial Dagger of Arach'n is diamond weapon, just like many other lore items i have. losing them would greatly pain me, especialy after all the hard work i put into aquiring them.i don't care much about my god gear or other enchanted items.

a few things:
  1. Thank you for answering when i asked
  2. i already tought that something like that would be said
  3. yes, please remove that
  4. I know he said that, but what you may or may not know is that the sacreficial Dagger of Arach'n is diamond weapon, just like many other lore items i have. losing them would greatly pain me, especialy after all the hard work i put into aquiring them.i don't care much about my god gear or other enchanted items.
Although I am in Sunkiss one of the things I really like to do is to collect lore items. I have quite a few double chests filled with them and I do quests whenever there's a festival or expansion, but of all the lore items I've collected not too many are diamond ones and the ones that are, are usually from PvE events. So I feel that the few lore items that are going to be removed is not a heavy price to pay when the economy is this badly broken. Besides half the fun of getting these items is the quest itself and the staff may be able to reset the big quests with these rewards like the Arach'n quest.

Actually, they were donations, and so they can alter them. The issue is they don't want to, and I understand why.

However, I really think that a few annoyed people for a couple weeks is better than ruining massive's economy for a couple months, if not permanently.

Actually NO we cannot alter them. They purchased it and we cant remove it, its not that we dont want to remove it so please dont put words in our mouths based on your own speculations. The only and pure reason it is there is because premium sales was expected to go down when we had to become eula compliant which it did. Without that money we would be in trouble paying for the server costs. So please refrain from assuming what we want and dont want to do, its all about survival at this point so i suggest that if you all feel that there is to much of the gift4all items then encourage people to throw them away? If all pvpers throw them away and i know for a fact lots and lots of rpers threw them away as soon as they got them then you would reduce the problem on your own accord.

Actually NO we cannot alter them. They purchased it and we cant remove it, its not that we dont want to remove it so please dont put words in our mouths based on your own speculations. The only and pure reason it is there is because premium sales was expected to go down when we had to become eula compliant which it did. Without that money we would be in trouble paying for the server costs. So please refrain from assuming what we want and dont want to do, its all about survival at this point so i suggest that if you all feel that there is to much of the gift4all items then encourage people to throw them away? If all pvpers throw them away and i know for a fact lots and lots of rpers threw them away as soon as they got them then you would reduce the problem on your own accord.
Wait... You actually expect us to solve the issues of thousands and thousands of extra God items by throwing away our own stashes?... I mean, yeah some of us have a lot of God stuff, my self included, but I don't think this would make even a dent. I doubt most role players would bother, nor will anyone who isn't particularly invested in the health of the server's economy... No offense, but expecting us to fix this by ourselves is a bit too much to ask, nor do I think it's even possible.

Then offer a new idea. Research the EULA and come up with an idea that works that people want to donate for

Then offer a new idea. Research the EULA and come up with an idea that works that people want to donate for
There's literally multiple threads on this. Reduce the enchants, add old voting items, whatever. Just stop ruining the damned economy.

Being that the topic of this thread has been deemed impossible to fulfill and there are multiple threads with solutions is it safe to ask for this to be locked? I agree with your points jes, its just that nothing can be done to get rid of the existing items in circulation. Its an unfortunate circumstance.

There's literally multiple threads on this. Reduce the enchants, add old voting items, whatever. Just stop ruining the damned economy.
Coming from my experience in customer service... making a big change that the customers want isnt an easy deal. Its better to wait a little longer for a fully worked out replacement than continuous bad replacement turnover. The latter is way worse.

Being that the topic of this thread has been deemed impossible to fulfill and there are multiple threads with solutions is it safe to ask for this to be locked? I agree with your points jes, its just that nothing can be done to get rid of the existing items in circulation. Its an unfortunate circumstance.
What? There are no other threads asking for thei removal, just the removal of the donations. And we can remove them... That's what this thread is about.
Coming from my experience in customer service... making a big change that the customers want isnt an easy deal. Its better to wait a little longer for a fully worked out replacement than continuous bad replacement turnover. The latter is way worse.
So you want everyone to wait for the God armor to leave the market on its own?... That will take months, if it ever happens. In that time tons of people will leave the server, likely including myself.

So you want everyone to wait for the God armor to leave the market on its own?... That will take months, if it ever happens. In that time tons of people will leave the server, likely including myself
Not at all. I'm saying wait for an appropriate solution instead of just demanding things. I'm not saying that the players need to handle this on their own, I'm just saying we need to give the staff some patience

Personally I'm more active on the forums then I am ingame at this point. 1.9 literally ruined everything about MassiveCraft that I enjoyed. PvP is more like Gapple PvP now which I've always hated. The update has destroyed mob spawns in my super OP darkroom. It used to be constantly flooded but now there's almost nothing in it... ever. Finally my business has been run completely into the ground. Nobody will even touch the god gear I produce because there's so much of it being given out for free not to mention my darkroom no longer spawns anything so I can't make any more gear anyway.

There's just nothing left for a player like me to do on the server. :/

Not at all. I'm saying wait for an appropriate solution instead of just demanding things. I'm not saying that the players need to handle this on their own, I'm just saying we need to give the staff some patience
And when I hear a plan other than "just wait until they leave the supply on their own," which is what I've heard from staff so far, I'll be happy. Until then, I will continue to suggest this.

And when I hear a plan other than "just wait until they leave the supply on their own," which is what I've heard from staff so far, I'll be happy. Until then, I will continue to suggest this.
Its possibly a placeholder to stop some of the commotion. "Take the pickles off yourself" came before the no pickles button was added.

Personally I'm more active on the forums then I am ingame at this point. 1.9 literally ruined everything about MassiveCraft that I enjoyed. PvP is more like Gapple PvP now which I've always hated. The update has destroyed mob spawns in my super OP darkroom. It used to be constantly flooded but now there's almost nothing in it... ever. Finally my business has been run completely into the ground. Nobody will even touch the god gear I produce because there's so much of it being given out for free not to mention my darkroom no longer spawns anything so I can't make any more gear anyway.

There's just nothing left for a player like me to do on the server. :/
Exactly why I went inactive as well.

I doubt that this is possible but what if the non gift4all god items were removed so you wouldn't be removing something that people paid for and I think there are much more normal god weapons in circulation than gift4all ones. But again I doubt that that would be possible.

Even if half of the people who get an Axe4all throw them away there's still 100 or something entering the economy and they're already worth close to nothing because of this. Don't take this the wrong way because I don't say this to spite anyone, but because I care about the community. I think a lot of us feel very left in the dark right now about the PvP issues and it would help if a bit more information was released about what's being done to fix the problems. I'm only stating what the situation looks like from the point of view of the PvP community. But I also don't think the constant complaining and sarcasm from the players in public chats helps much.

Have you ever considered that maybe, as a player, it's better to be in the dark than being in the light for this issue?

Have you ever considered that maybe, as a player, it's better to be in the dark than being in the light for this issue?
No. We get almost 0 feedback for any suggestions that aren't completely out there, we're rarely if ever asked to comment on ideas before they're implemented, it takes weeks and weeks of us sitting here and bitching on the forums for anything to happen, etc. We're not even given a "we have a plan we're just not telling you what it is." Instead, we're told nothing, we have to deal with potentially (or in this case, not so potential) game-breaking features for weeks or months, and then we might get a fix that seems half-assed and only fixes half the problem.

I mean, tuna basically said that we weren't getting a fix, because for some reason it's either the economy or the server, and there's no in between. So no, I have not considered that at all, because I flat out believe it's not true.

They could just reimplement the algorithm they used for removing "Massive Armor" making it so all enchanted Unbreaking 3 & protection 4 god armor is removed off the server by clicking on it and regals are deposited into your balance. To ensure prices for God armor in the market are moderated, they would implement this for a month and them remove it for three months, Then repeat. This would make for massive armor production and tons of player transactions every 4 months (If that didn't make sense, ohh well :P It made sense to me).

The only issue I see with this is stockpiling so we would have to address that issue. Possibly by making it so when a chest is opened it automatically removes god armor and replaces your god armor with regals. (The price would have to be lower than market price to ensure not to many regals are put into the economy)
Still even by doing this, you'd still have protection 3 unbreaking 2 armor that people would use for pvp. It might actually make pvp more interesting because players would take more damage and armor would break faster :P

*Edit Donation shops would need to be disabled for this feature, or work it so opening a donation chest would not remove the armor unless the chest owner look inside it.

Last edited:
Wait... You actually expect us to solve the issues of thousands and thousands of extra God items by throwing away our own stashes?... I mean, yeah some of us have a lot of God stuff, my self included, but I don't think this would make even a dent. I doubt most role players would bother, nor will anyone who isn't particularly invested in the health of the server's economy... No offense, but expecting us to fix this by ourselves is a bit too much to ask, nor do I think it's even possible.
Wasn't the whole idea about players supporting the idea of their own items being removed? The way that god armor got lowered from 1k regals (100 silver at the time) to 300 regals in game was the fact that certain players indefinitely harvested/created god armor, so when they noticed their surplus and didn't need the extra stuff taking up space, they took it to market. Undercutting competition. Competition undercut them.

Wasn't the whole idea about players supporting the idea of their own items being removed? The way that god armor got lowered from 1k regals (100 silver at the time) to 300 regals in game was the fact that certain players indefinitely harvested/created god armor, so when they noticed their surplus and didn't need the extra stuff taking up space, they took it to market. Undercutting competition. Competition undercut them.
Yes. But there is no feasible way in which literally every member of the server would be willing to reduce their armor supply. Asking nicely isn't going to do it, because there's always the fear that if you do it, but nobody else does it, you're going to be at a severe disadvantage to them.

Arach'n was pretty easy tbh. You just run through the course, go up the waterfall and fall into the indentation on the side of the arena. Then proceed to snipe the shit out of her with archery traits. :)
*Edit: Arach'n has a little too much health, took me about 30 minutes of sniping with full on archery traits :P

Status
Not open for further replies.