Archived Re-enable Invisibility Potions

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

AgentLew

G.D.R.
Reaction score
Faction
Wrath
Kingdom
Insidian Supremacy
Well, the title of the thread really explains the whole idea in full: re-enable invisibility potions.

Is there any real reason that these things are still disabled on the server anyways? I mean, you can't truly be invisible(like one would be in spectator mode) when using them because of how they still give off the tell-tale signs of potion particle effects(If you're not using particle effects, then it's just plainly: your choice, not a disadvantage caused by game mechanics). Not to mention, if you really wanted to PvP with it, you'd either be sacrificing all your armor for the full invisibility effect or keep your armor on and practically waste the potion, 'cause who really doesn't notice the "floating" armor holding a sword and rushing at you? I mean seriously, one of the only stealth elements, that have been added to Minecraft, is disabled still? Lest someone wants to tell me that it's laggy(which it's no more laggy than the invisible spiders that spawn) or unfair(which it's not in anyway shape or form), I see no real reason that this potion is still disabled on the server.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
We will refuse to re-enable invisibility potions from a server security perspective. We cannot overrule the invisibility effect which makes tracking player head movement difficult. It'd be impossible to tell if they are using wall hacks for example or xray.

We will refuse to re-enable invisibility potions from a server security perspective. We cannot overrule the invisibility effect which makes tracking player head movement difficult. It'd be impossible to tell if they are using wall hacks for example or xray.
Ah, about an hour after I posted this, I actually realized that invisibility is still a log-in glitch at large within the current versions of Minecraft... So thanks for another reason entirely, that actually makes sense.