Archived Quartz Ore In The Nether

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

65jes89

Leader of SunKiss
Reaction score
Faction
SunKiss
Kingdom
The Holy SunKiss Empire
In the current version of the rift, MassiveRestore is enabled. Now this in itself is not a problem, and I fully support this. However, this has one unfortunate side effect: Quartz ore does not spawn on the surface of the nether. I asked on the tech Q&A thread, and was told this was an anti-xray feature. However, this also makes mining incredibly inefficient. The other day, I spent around half an hour mining quartz with a fortune 3 pick and maxed out mcmmo mining. In this time, I managed to get a grand total of 2 stacks of quartz blocks. In the old rift, I could get 4 or 5 times that amount in that time, by caving towards the world border of the rift. Since, at least as far as I know, the new rift was added in order to make quartz easier to get, I highly suggest that this feature be removed for the rift. In all honesty, I don't think many people would bother to xray for nether quartz (considering it's ridiculously easy to get normally), and it pretty much kills the quartz supply the way it currently is.

For example, my current building project will require around 6 double chests of quartz blocks all in all, and that's a conservative estimate. In the old rift, I probably couldn't have gotten this over a week or so. The way it currently is, using a rate of about 4 stacks of blocks an hour, it would take 78 hours of mining, by myself, to get this amount. With the amount I currently play, 3 or 4 hours a day, it would take me about 20 days of doing nothing but mining in my spare time. So essentially, that project is completely on hold, and I can't really do anything that involves any large amount of quartz like I normally do.

It is of course necessary to keep cheaters off the server, however, I really don't think this should be done so at the expense of the availability of basic building materials.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You could just buy quartz off me, or not be lazy and mine for it like the rest of us.

You could just buy quartz off me, or not be lazy and mine for it like the rest of us.
1. I don't like buying things.
2. I am mining for it... It's just incredibly inefficient the way the rift currently works.

Did you even read the post bb? :C

1. I don't like buying things.
2. I am mining for it... It's just incredibly inefficient the way the rift currently works.

Did you even read the post bb? :C
Yeah, I did. I just found I got a lot more quartz ore than you did apparently. In my several trips to the nether I've almost refilled my 7 DCs of blocks used on the last Qaliphate project.

The way I understand massiverestore works is that it resets all the missing or added blocks. However with ores there is even something special. It is so that ores don't spawn in the same location again, but rather randomly where there used to be netherack. Or so it worked in the other worlds as far as I have been told. This would also cause the same issue as the ores simply don't respawn where they were the month before. And since no one mines out all the netherack the quartz supply will eventually run out again... If it actualy works acording to that. Not sure if the plugin also includes quartz.

Something that we might want to look into aswel.

I'm sorry but I've seen the phrase "surface of the nether" several times and I have no idea what this means.

I'm sorry but I've seen the phrase "surface of the nether" several times and I have no idea what this means.
What mech said. It just doesn't spawn on the "surface" of the nether, meaning you can't see it in the walls/floor/ceiling of the nether.

MassiveRestore is enabled in the Rift so we will not have to re-generate the world from scratch when the ores become scarce.

As a result of there being an infinite amount of ores available now, you may have to work a little harder and dig a little deeper to find what you want.

At this time, this idea is rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.