Archived Pvp Death Significance

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

BenRekt

Chopper Gunner
Reaction score
Faction
Magnanimus
I know this idea may become controversial, but I have noticed that deaths in wars (and wars themselves) have become increasingly less meaningful, especially for richer PvP factions. Deaths at the moment are almost meaningless, and will not shape how a war plays out and concludes, one (or many) deaths will almost never determine if a war continues or ends with a surrender, and are instead usually concluded out of valuables / items taken from the deaths themselves (if there is any at all).

A solution to, what I would call, a "problem" could possibly be to introduce a small death tax. The way this would work is that when you die by a player, you would lose a certain amount of regals, either taken from the player or the faction bank. This will help give wars the significance it really deserves. Wars will begin to impact factions and individual players economically, and will add significance to the regal. This death tax would add a very crucial element to wars, and that is the ability to cripple factions into surrendering to stronger ones.

Larger factions would, and must, have to have lower death taxes, which would also simulate the significance of losing one man in a large army, compared to a smaller faction, with a smaller army. This will encourage larger factions to be favored over smaller factions, as it should be in wars - numbers should always give you a distinct advantage, in terms of combat and economically.

Pros:
  • Creates a need to surrender / conclude wars
  • Encourages larger factions to form, rather than smaller ones
  • Gives major significance to wars
  • Discourages suicide-rushes.
Cons:
  • Creates a potential to misuse the death tax to waste a faction's bank

If you have any feedback, please respectfully leave it in the comments.

Thanks,
Ben

Just people I want opinions from:
@FubeTheMangler @Wannag @Joshy54100 @Yoloorange @wafflecash @YankeeGiant8013 @zZ_AwAkE_Zz @thor5648 @Waminer @desert_eagle98 @SwiftPvP @DisturbedReaper @@ObscureKoala@kevencolis @Assembly123 @Alj23 @spectec

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Ok, let me clarify a few things...
  • You say that there are some pvp factions that declare themselves "elitist." I take it by that you mean some pvp factions, the ones you are reffering to, only take the best of the best, by your reasoning?
  • Apparently some pvp factions mock the weaker ones?
I'm not 100% sure for the other side, but I know for a fact that Magnanimus, a large pvp faction, isn't of an elitist standard. Sure, we take raiding seriously, maybe more than others, but we surely don't deny people access to the faction for not being the best of the best. We have allowed numerous average level pvpers into the faction. When @Wannag joined, he wasn't the best, but he had potential due to all the fighting he was essentially forced to do in GranLaurona from enemies every day. When he joined Magnanimus, he had access to numerous facilities to train his mcmmo stats, as well as the brains to pick from of numerous long time pvpers in Magnanimus. As well as the opportunity to spar off against numerous pvpers of different skills levels in our arena, and then procede to learn more from there. I'm not sure about the other side, but Magnanimus has always offered our newest recruits that want to learn and have the will to learn everything they need to be able to, they just have to put in the work.

Magnanimus has never mocked weaker factions. On the contrary, we've offered to defend a lot of "weaker than us" factions, simply because they can't. Whether it be due to lack of skill, knowledge, or man power.

Just wanted to clear that up.
This is 100% true.

They took me in for example back before I could even really pot PvP. I learned a lot in my time there and they were always willing to help me out on my weaker points.

Ok, let me clarify a few things...
  • You say that there are some pvp factions that declare themselves "elitist." I take it by that you mean some pvp factions, the ones you are reffering to, only take the best of the best, by your reasoning?
  • Apparently some pvp factions mock the weaker ones?
I'm not 100% sure for the other side, but I know for a fact that Magnanimus, a large pvp faction, isn't of an elitist standard. Sure, we take raiding seriously, maybe more than others, but we surely don't deny people access to the faction for not being the best of the best. We have allowed numerous average level pvpers into the faction. When @Wannag joined, he wasn't the best, but he had potential due to all the fighting he was essentially forced to do in GranLaurona from enemies every day. When he joined Magnanimus, he had access to numerous facilities to train his mcmmo stats, as well as the brains to pick from of numerous long time pvpers in Magnanimus. As well as the opportunity to spar off against numerous pvpers of different skills levels in our arena, and then procede to learn more from there. I'm not sure about the other side, but Magnanimus has always offered our newest recruits that want to learn and have the will to learn everything they need to be able to, they just have to put in the work.

Magnanimus has never mocked weaker factions. On the contrary, we've offered to defend a lot of "weaker than us" factions, simply because they can't. Whether it be due to lack of skill, knowledge, or man power.

Just wanted to clear that up.
I know :) Even me (one of the crappiest pvpers probably) already had a chance to enter Mag, but Magnanimus isnt the only PvP faction, and some do what I said ;)