Archived No More Screamers.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

SorryNari

The Trilogy
Reaction score
Within the hour I wake up in the morning, I ended up clicking on a screamer which made me scream/yell in TS. Which is very annoying because then you end up waking up your parents or siblings in the morning because of the horrendous noises that we all make when we are scared. Not only that but while it's dark and early in the morning. Not only that, but you can probably cause other things like.

"Photosensitive epilepsy (PSE) is a form of epilepsy in which seizures are triggered by visual stimuli that form patterns in time or space, such as flashing lights, bold, regular patterns, or regular moving patterns."

"In order to potentially cause a seizure by users with photosensitive epilepsy, a flashing image or multimedia must:

1. Flash more than 3 times per second (note that Section 508 specifies 2 times per second).
  2. Be sufficiently large. A very small flashing image, such as a cursor, will not cause a seizure.
  3. Bright. There must be significant contrast between the flashes"

Not only does posting screamers affect the way people think of you, it also gives the chance of you causing harm to other people whether you didn't intend to, or if you actually did intend to. Seizures can be dangerous, and also life-threatning. Think the next time you decide to scare the shit out of someone for fun. So don't be the one responsible for it.

Since screamers that are posted on statuses get deleted anyways, I was thinking if it was possible to make a rule of not to post screamers. They certainly don't do anything good to people except scare them, or cause other things.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
"You click a link, you risk your life." Just be careful, most links can be recognized based on the url unless the person is skilled at scaring people with them. Honestly I've seen enough they don't bother me anymore so my best advice is not to follow a link if your unsure. In all honesty you should be wary in the first place, it could be worse things, like a virus.

tumblr_mvjkg84Jp71qbnbudo1_1280.jpg

I used to suffer from epilepsy (luckily nothing like the above) but I basicly just blacked out after a few twist and turns. Now think about this even with such a little effect as I had you can still get yourself swung off the chair and bash your head backwards into the flooring.
I fully support this and it's one of the most malicious things to do in me opinion. This post have made me wonder how many have died of screamers of all time and yet no one has stopped it. +1

This seems like something that needs to be dealt with, no arguments from me.
As a piece of mildly related trivia; the most dangerous frequency for the average epileptic is around 7 hertz.

"You click a link, you risk your life." Just be careful, most links can be recognized based on the url unless the person is skilled at scaring people with them. Honestly I've seen enough they don't bother me anymore so my best advice is not to follow a link if your unsure. In all honesty you should be wary in the first place, it could be worse things, like a virus.

View attachment 36268

Yes, but if it were to be our friends who tell us things like "oh hey here's a funny video" when it's not. Do you really expect people to just think about it?

Screamers? Not a problem for my eyes.
Screen Brightness: 0
Screen Contrast: 45

I'm not sure why a lot of people have tried to argue or even make a case against this. If it limits some people's abilities to enjoy MassiveCraft in a very serious and painful way, then I think the privilege of posting screamers should be taken away. Period.

I know I have already given support, But Since we are telling Seizure stories I may as well go on about how I stopped my cousin from have a Seizure. So we were in the Stadium when two idiots thought it would be funny to trigger a seizure on her with flashy lights from their phone, Now this shouldn't be done without thought, I grabbed the Phone and Threw it at a wall before the lights started flashing. I don't owe them a new phone, Instead their parents told me it is a good way to punish them for trying to cause something so life threatening.

If it ends in .swf then it is a webpage with audio which is what nearly EVERY screamer is on. Hope this helps explain my point further.

Why is this thread still a thing?

Basic Topic on Epilipsies and Seizures from Screamers should be a rule out into play immediately, No More Screamers.

I can't see why @MetalMaxima is even trying to show how much of a cool guy he is because he is so "wary". Instead of saying, "Just be careful", just make it a rule. This will ensure no one will have any seizures.

Now, before any flame goes on, I'd advise to ask a lock on this thread. That's fully up to you.

@xXFallenNinjaXx

I can't see why @MetalMaxima is even trying to show how much of a cool guy he is because he is so "wary". Instead of saying, "Just be careful", just make it a rule. This will ensure no one will have any seizures.

Now, before any flame goes on, I'd advise to ask a lock on this thread. That's fully up to you.

@xXFallenNinjaXx
This is flame :/

I'm not allowed to offer an opinion that differs from everyone else?
How is this a topic for that? It's about stopping freakin' seizures bro. Opinions? Why would not want this rule in place? It wouldn't even effect you. It'd only effect ones who post Screamer links.

You're fighting for to be careful and to not have this rule in place. (Is how you're coming off) You seem like you post screamers.

Screamers are 'orrible. I was scared shitless on ts by a Jeff the Killer one and i screamed (luckily no one was home) (it was a very manly scream :P) I was however scared shitless and fell off my chair, causing awkwardness. screamers are bad stuff

Screamers are 'orrible. I was scared shitless on ts by a Jeff the Killer one and i screamed (luckily no one was home) (it was a very manly scream :P) I was however scared shitless and fell off my chair, causing awkwardness. screamers are bad stuff
That Jeff one was totally stolen from my sig.

Which I totally stole from Connor...

Gawd I'm soh Evul xc