Archived New Mod To Support?

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

erkenberken

Beggar
Reaction score
Hey I think it would be really cool if massive craft supported this mod:http://minecraft-mods.org/mine-and-blade-mod/ It basically allows you to extra weapons like daggers, spears, maces and shields. I think this would really benefit role-play, as people say a spear it dagger as their weapon of choice, but will have to pretend a stick out a sword is that weapon. It would also add some more flavour to pvp, as there are certain advantages and to using each weapon. I know it probably won't happen as it would be a lot of work to make textures for the new weapons, but it would still be cool.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hey I think it would be really cool if massive craft supported this mod:http://minecraft-mods.org/mine-and-blade-mod/ It basically allows you to extra weapons like daggers, spears, maces and shields. I think this would really benefit role-play, as people say a spear it dagger as their weapon of choice, but will have to pretend a stick out a sword is that weapon. It would also add some more flavour to pvp, as there are certain advantages and to using each weapon. I know it probably won't happen as it would be a lot of work to make textures for the new weapons, but it would still be cool.
Neato :3

That will require client side modifications. Therefore it will not be added. @eric_dowds you can just close the thread already.

The staffs have stated many times that they don't want any client side mods

Have any of you looked at sponge powered? I believe it is replacing bukkit, and can have mods just on the server side, not needed for client too. Idk tho.

MPM doesn't change gameplay other than roleplay. This adds new items, so it changes gameplay, making it against the rules. @1000phoenix

Actually, from my understanding, the reason MPM is ok ,and something like this is not, isn't because of any rules. As far as I know, it's more to do with the fact that MPM is completely optional, where if something like this was added on to the server, everybody would need to download this mod to play. It would make it more of a hassle to play on the server, and would deter new players from joining at all if they have to go download some mods first.

That is, of course, assuming this is a server side mod. If it's client side, then yes, fairness is an issue if it effects Pvp.

Last edited:
Guys... I don't know if anyone knows this but... There are resource packs out there that completely change up the models of some items, making them 3d. I've actually posted a few pictures of these before, and I think that if whoever does the Massivecraft Resource pack could add that feature in, I would seriously fangasam everywhere.
Plus, it doesn't even need a mod. It's all vanilla. The only thing different is that whoever is making the resource pack has to get some sort of custom 3D resource pack maker thingy-ma-jigger. Then after it's done, any old lay man can get it and use it perfectly fine.
(I will say that this also only works in 1.8, sooo... MPM users might be disheartened by this...)

Guys... I don't know if anyone knows this but... There are resource packs out there that completely change up the models of some items, making them 3d. I've actually posted a few pictures of these before, and I think that if whoever does the Massivecraft Resource pack could add that feature in, I would seriously fangasam everywhere.
Plus, it doesn't even need a mod. It's all vanilla. The only thing different is that whoever is making the resource pack has to get some sort of custom 3D resource pack maker thingy-ma-jigger. Then after it's done, any old lay man can get it and use it perfectly fine.
(I will say that this also only works in 1.8, sooo... MPM users might be disheartened by this...)
That actually only works for 16x packs. 16x superiority all the way.

As I know based on some small coding experience the texture pack works by taking images within certain grid coords and places them on a block net. The program skews this image to match the point of view on the block. Having a different piece of equipment represent different weapons would work. (I dont use the massive texture pack if it does have this feature dont shoot me for it)

Ahem... back on topic now?

Anyways, I don't believe the mod will be supported by the administrators since part of the server's policy is "accessibility to all," which this mod contradicts as it requires forge for the server and the client.

MPM is what's known as a client side mod. This means it only affects the user, not the server or any others.
This mod is a client AND server side mod, meaning both must have it to connect. This would limit who would play by a lot and break compatibly with Bukkit as far as I know, so this is a 100% know as far as I can tell. Same for other mods like it.

To clarify a bit on this subject, MPM is classified as a client-side mod with plugin hooks. Meaning the server .jar file itself does not need any modifications to function properly, instead a plugin was created to allow access to commands and visuals. If the .jar were to be modified, all clients attempting to connect to the server would need to be modified to match the server-side files. Since this is not the case, MPM is technically classified as a client-side mod for all intents and purposes, however it is possible to see the visual updates on other players due to the MPM Plugin. Any mods that do not adhere to the classification of client-side mod with plugin hook (to my knowledge) are never going to be added to Massivecraft. The reason being that while some mods are absolutely amazing and could add a lot of potential to a roleplay server, the staff team is not going to force players to have to download and install modifications to their .jar files as this would inhibit some players ability to play on the server.

Tl;dr: MPM works because it's got a plugin, other mods do not and won't be added because their addition would limit the accessibility to the server for a lot of players.

Isn't there a way to make something like this with metablocks? Those don't need client side modification.
You are correct, however meta data values are based off of the item's damage. For example a stone slab is item value: 44. If you wanted any other slab (oak, birch, etc) the value would be 44:1-15. This can also be seen by using the data values on logs, with metadata it's possible to obtain 'complete' logs that are completely covered in bark. If this were applied to a weapon or armor however, the damage value would instead be the actual damage/how many times the item has been used. Iron sword values are 267, however to apply metadata would simply decrease the item's durability. Item Value 267:1 is an Iron Sword with one swing left before the breaking point.

well more weapons is a great idea... but because of client and server differences, its just not possible at the moment...
well it will be a while before mojang(microsoft) makes its next huge update... why don't we just flood their suggestion box with these weapons? if at least 50 people make a new suggestion today alone, its sure to be in the next update...
ooh, btw...1.8, whats up with that ATM?

well more weapons is a great idea... but because of client and server differences, its just not possible at the moment...
well it will be a while before mojang(microsoft) makes its next huge update... why don't we just flood their suggestion box with these weapons? if at least 50 people make a new suggestion today alone, its sure to be in the next update...
ooh, btw...1.8, whats up with that ATM?
Majority of Bukkit developers quit their jobs to go against to the EULA changes. Microsoft copyrighted Bukkit so the project would not be continued by anyone. So if the server ever updates, it won't run off what loads and makes ever plugin work, so it will likely be quite a while to the next server update to a new Minecraft update. That's all just what I've heard, I'm sure someone else can give you a much more detailed answer. :)

Majority of Bukkit developers quit their jobs to go against to the EULA changes. Microsoft copyrighted Bukkit so the project would not be continued by anyone. So if the server ever updates, it won't run off what loads and makes ever plugin work, so it will likely be quite a while to the next server update to a new Minecraft update. That's all just what I've heard, I'm sure someone else can give you a much more detailed answer. :)
This is partially true. Bukkit will in fact be updated, since they decided that the one developer that did decide to be a huge jerk (the one that started this huge legal and dramatic mess) shouldn't be able to bring down the entire Minecraft server community in one swing.
Here is a source: https://twitter.com/Dinnerbone/status/502389963606867968

Enough with the "please read again" ratings XD its spamming my notifications. I get the point. (sorry for derailing. I just wanted the notifications to stop XD)

But guise... COMONNN, it looks SOOOOOOO COOOOL

tis a sad thing too.... I just hope Microsoft knows what they are doing... i kindaaaa don't trust them XD

Ikr :3 I'm kinda worried that Microsoft is going to carry on with Minecraft for like 2 years and then just drop it.

Ikr :3 I'm kinda worried that Microsoft is going to carry on with Minecraft for like 2 years and then just drop it.
Don't worry, Minecraft's legacy will continue... IN MINECRAFT 2! FOR JUST ONE PAYMENT OF $59.99*, YOU CAN ENJOY AN NEW AND IMPROVED** MINECRAFT EXPERIENCE!

*not including DLC
**we added like 2 pixels to each block

I've used this mod and I can safely say that this is some cool sh**. But alas, shame the server wouldn't allow that.