Preserved Sheet Mikayla

This sheet was missing a prefix or has not been edited for a long period of time. Please create a ticket including a linkif your sheet was moved in error.
@Caelamus
This character has had some very basic melee combat training in the past and the pack that I chose for them was an ability they used pretty frequently (comparably to their other previous melee abilities, back before the combat system was updated).

I'm intentionally making her weak physically because. Well, she is. Weak nerd arms.
But I still feel that bit of training should be quantified. She also isn't at the level of a greater mage, from how I see it. Hope that makes sense?

(as for my other character, gimme a bit to consider greater mage)

@Caelamus
This character has had some very basic melee combat training in the past and the pack that I chose for them was an ability they used pretty frequently (comparably to their other previous melee abilities, back before the combat system was updated).

I'm intentionally making her weak physically because. Well, she is. Weak nerd arms.
But I still feel that bit of training should be quantified. She also isn't at the level of a greater mage, from how I see it. Hope that makes sense?

(as for my other character, gimme a bit to consider greater mage)
I'll approve it but you should probably be aware that anyone with +4 Strength which is the average for every warrior character can just walk up, smack them with that singular ability and make the single point investment moot anyway. This character is a mage and they're more or less being punished for that choice. Although, you can still have that training and flavor it as they helped the character learn how to use their combatforce and instead stylize their current weapon as a floating sword they manipulate with magic.

The character is both ICly and OOCly kind of shooting themselves in the foot there.

I'll approve it but you should probably be aware that anyone with +4 Strength which is the average for every warrior character can just walk up, smack them with that singular ability and make the single point investment moot anyway. This character is a mage and they're more or less being punished for that choice. Although, you can still have that training and flavor it as they helped the character learn how to use their combatforce and instead stylize their current weapon as a floating sword they manipulate with magic.

The character is both ICly and OOCly kind of shooting themselves in the foot there.

I'm aware of the disadvantage and I don't mind it too much.
And again, I don't see them being at the level of a Greater Mage in terms of magic. I will consider the combatforce change though, but rn I'm content with how I have it now.

@Caelamus
Small magic pack change, not sure if I need to tag but doing it just in case.

@Caelamus
minor magic special change/addition bc I realized I had empty slots for them, nothing huge.

@Caelamus
hi yes magic update time

Finally biting the metaphorical bullet and making Mikayla/Cass a Greater Mage but added some backstory details to say that she was a born mage with a good amount of her spells already, and her time in the city led her to study more magic on top of that. Essentially accidentally becoming a greater mage, as it were. Hope that's fine in terms of backstory and explanation.

Also other prof changes to account for the greater mage status.

Changes made in BLUE.

@Caelamus
hi yes magic update time

Finally biting the metaphorical bullet and making Mikayla/Cass a Greater Mage but added some backstory details to say that she was a born mage with a good amount of her spells already, and her time in the city led her to study more magic on top of that. Essentially accidentally becoming a greater mage, as it were. Hope that's fine in terms of backstory and explanation.

Also other prof changes to account for the greater mage status.

Changes made in BLUE.
"However, if the Mage chooses Magic Bolt, they cannot choose Magic Blade, and vice versa." You cannot have both bolt and blade.

@Caelamus
sorry for that oopsie
Switched Casting/Magic Bolt to Illusionism/Illusioned Self.

@Jcboi5 I'm putting this character under re-review in light of recent announcements with a particular aim to address the fact that this character has a split personality disorder. I approved this application more under the impression that this character was portraying two alter egos, one who was based on the cahal mentality that was more their true version of self and the other which is more of a disguise/facade but I've been made aware that this is not the case and that this character is more or less an attempt to replicate Moonknight, which is much different to the aforementioned as Moonknight is a portrayal of DID.

With how things are currently written in the lore, you do have a few options. You could make the alter ego actually into a hosted or invaded spirit that is lingering in their body and rewrite them away from being a Cahal Brood. I would recommend Invaded as it fits more with the general trend of how the character behaves.

@Caelamus
I feared this would eventually come to pass, and I've been talking to friends to try and work out with the possibility of converting to an Invaded spirit. Though may I ask, why do you say to rewrite them away from being a Cahal brood?

most of their aesthetics/roleplay has ridden on that part of their character, so it wouldn't make much sense to remove it from how I see it.

Additionally, there comes the issue the spirit's written personalities (for Void, Exist, Primal, etc. respectively) not really matching up well with Cass' current portrayal, with most of them being deceitful/malevolent in some way while Cass is more neutral/honest/good leaning in comparison. Unless there can be an exception to this, given she's had plenty of time to develop for a while into being that more honest/kind person.

@Caelamus
I feared this would eventually come to pass, and I've been talking to friends to try and work out with the possibility of converting to an Invaded spirit. Though may I ask, why do you say to rewrite them away from being a Cahal brood?

most of their aesthetics/roleplay has ridden on that part of their character, so it wouldn't make much sense to remove it from how I see it.

Additionally, there comes the issue the spirit's written personalities (for Void, Exist, Primal, etc. respectively) not really matching up well with Cass' current portrayal, with most of them being deceitful/malevolent in some way while Cass is more neutral/honest/good leaning in comparison. Unless there can be an exception to this, given she's had plenty of time to develop for a while into being that more honest/kind person.
Exist Apparitions, which is what this character would be inclined to receive, are more "good/honest/neutral leaning" and encourage their host to follow a certain "good" moral compass. Either way, you need to come up with some sort of solution to this issue. I recommended, not requested, the removal of their Brood status because as someone who deals a lot in character design, everything you'd want from being a Cahal brood is better achieved by having an invaded/hosted spirit with the spirit form pack. By that point being a brood would no longer hold that much relevance beyond saying "I was born from a Cahal parent". This character already had very questionable adherence to the Cahal lore and interactions with other Cahal and was more of a Floralcourt character.

On the wiki it says Exist Apparitions are "self-righteous, calculated, manipulative, domineering and eloquent."
Cass does not fit any of these things at all, even if they are more good leaning as you've said. It would feel dishonest to the character to suddenly make them a manipulative/controlling character, where their arcs have been centered around balancing control/honesty between the two.

And even if the spirit on its own would be more effective, being a brood still defined a good deal of her backstory/roleplay in the past and it wouldn't feel like them if she wasn't one.

On the wiki it says Exist Apparitions are "self-righteous, calculated, manipulative, domineering and eloquent."
Cass does not fit any of these things at all, even if they are more good leaning as you've said. It would feel dishonest to the character to suddenly make them a manipulative/controlling character, where their arcs have been centered around balancing control/honesty between the two.

And even if the spirit on its own would be more effective, being a brood still defined a good deal of her backstory/roleplay in the past and it wouldn't feel like them if she wasn't one.
Those traits aren't set in stone and there are layers of nuance to them. A person who is incredibly good leaning can also come with the caveat that they're being manipulative or controlling of others by virtue signalling and imposing their morality onto them. Whatever outcome you decide, the removal of brood was a suggestion from me as someone who does character design a lot as a hobby. You're not obligated to remove that. For now, remove all implications this character has DID.

@Caelamus
Re-write to include Invaded Spirit/Demon done. Hope everything looks good, this took me a while.

Not sure who to tag, but Magic prof update time

Please list the exist apparition next to your theurgy packs, but otherwise approved!