Archived Massivecraft Resource Pack Shaders

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

indyfan98

I'm not narcissistic. I'm just better than you.
Reaction score
a crappy hole in the ground, Pennsylvania.
Faction
ProudhammerClan
2014-08-15_12.20.34.png 2014-08-15_12.43.12.png 2014-08-15_12.37.02.png
This is the Parkour map and Resource Pack called Edgecraft, based off the game Mirrors Edge. It may appear as though I am using shaders. I am not. My laptop can't run them without dying, and turning everything in Minecraft lavender. I like lavender, but not when everything in Minecraft is it. No. This resource pack uses Optifine. Many people already have Optifine installed. The shadows use connected textures to look as amazing as they do, as well as side textures.

Now, imagine this in the Massivecraft resource pack. Yes, there is Mr. Meeps, but I have trouble running shaders, as do many people. Any kind of shaders. But this runs on my laptop just fine. If this can run on my laptop, it can probably run on anyone's computer.

This would eliminate the need for shaders if you have a bad computer. Of course, it would only work with optifine, so the people without it would see the normal look of the Massivecraft Resource Pack. Even if they were to just add meta blocks so that just Regalia would have the shading, it would be fine. But I think this would look great.

The main downside is time it would take to make. The PR staff are the ones who are in charge of the pack, I believe. The PR staff are active editing various things from the Web Site, to getting videos made, to helping out in Help Central. With 1.8 coming soon, they already have tons of new blocks to texture, the items, new mobs, all of the bunny variations, new food, and potions. They have a lot on their plate, so this wouldn't be what their priority would focused on, as it is a minor effect that doesn't change the game.

Do leave you ideas, questions, and suggestion below! I will gladly help in any way I can. Just please be nice! Have a Massive day!

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I don't believe this would work for everything. I understand the whole concept, and would be amazing. I haven't seen optifine's connected textures put to use this way before. But it could bug out, and I find it impossible to fit with anything you build. And, it is also not dynamic. The textures would be still. I have trouble running shaders, I can run a few, but with horrible crippling lag. I could see this being nice, but it could also make the game horribly ugly if it's not used correctly.

How does this work. I highly doubt it works any near how good shaders is. (or atleast the heavy version I'm running)

How does this work. I highly doubt it works any near how good shaders is. (or atleast the heavy version I'm running)
Well, how it works is... Optifine has this thing called connected textures. If you know how to do it correctly, you can change the texture of any block by how the placements of other blocks are around it. Like in one texture pack, if I put four logs together, the open side of the log would be come one large log. So it looks like a big 4x4 tree stump. But that's just a simple common example.

I, for one, love this.
Shaders just bug out horribly on both my laptop and my PC, so having any kind of shader is a vast improvement.

Also, for all those complaining that they already have shaders-- surely they can just continue using the current version of OptiFine/MassiveCraft texture pack, and so not be affected at all?

Well, how it works is... Optifine has this thing called connected textures. If you know how to do it correctly, you can change the texture of any block by how the placements of other blocks are around it. Like in one texture pack, if I put four logs together, the open side of the log would be come one large log. So it looks like a big 4x4 tree stump. But that's just a simple common example.
I do know that. But how will the shadows change, when the sun's position change.
I think this is only possible for static maps like the one indyfan showed.

Do the shadows follow the path of the sun and moon? Or are they stationary?

Do the shadows follow the path of the sun and moon? Or are they stationary?
Well, I am not sure of this. This map was always daytime. I'm sure if you added animation that took a full day/night cycle, then it could.
I do know that. But how will the shadows change, when the sun's position change.
I think this is only possible for static maps like the one indyfan showed.

Well, I am not sure of this. This map was always daytime. I'm sure if you added animation that took a full day/night cycle, then it could.
It would make some sense to try and implement this texturing if it did indeed follow the day and night cycles.
Regardless, this is very cool, the map and the idea especially.

Try going into massive or another world with this texture pack. It looks horrible. The reason is, everything in this is meant for one map. So I'd find it hard to make it work with every single thing and block configuration. It's impossibru. It can't fit with every single thing. AND, NO it does not move with the daylight cycle.

Try going into massive or another world with this texture pack. It looks horrible. The reason is, everything in this is meant for one map. So I'd find it hard to make it work with every single thing and block configuration. It's impossibru. It can't fit with every single thing. AND, NO it does not move with the daylight cycle.
I know that this pack is specially made. However, it may be possible to do. This shows that it can be done. My idea is using the meta blocks and only having it in Regalia unless some trickery can be done. And the daylight cycle issue is why I suggest animated textures. Worry for any confusion my original post may have left. Thanks for your feedback!

But what about new players without the texture pack? Will it give them a bad impression?

I know that this pack is specially made. However, it may be possible to do. This shows that it can be done. My idea is using the meta blocks and only having it in Regalia unless some trickery can be done. And the daylight cycle issue is why I suggest animated textures. Worry for any confusion my original post may have left. Thanks for your feedback!
That would still require the blocks to change all the time. So lag.
Especially for the people with a bad PC.

I just did the math. A block (with MassiveCraft resource pack) is 32x32 = 1024 pixels.
If every block should have a version with all the different combinations. That would be 2^1024. So no.
Else there should be made new textures every time regalis did change. There would have to be too many textures, so the Resource pack would be to big 200mb+

This would never happen as the way this map is made is it doesn't actually have Shaders, it just has custom textured blocks and to fill a Resource pack with that many blocks would be insanely large + normal players wouldn't have access to those blocks and takes to long to use them properly as the sun moves you would be constantly replacing blocks.

As @MrWackeo stated these are shaders their just textures...

@indyfan98 what shaders are you using, as some are much more heavily hardware intensive then others. Also some shaders such as SonicEthos' aren't supported for systems running any operating system other than Windows...

@MrWackeo well thankyou for making me lose all hope of having shaders without shader lag slowing me down to 9 fps

No Problem, happy to help.
Heretic Hope Killer!
tumblr_m85wpsf8bY1qkukto.gif

Nah, I kid.

This would never happen as the way this map is made is it doesn't actually have Shaders, it just has custom textured blocks and to fill a Resource pack with that many blocks would be insanely large + normal players wouldn't have access to those blocks and takes to long to use them properly as the sun moves you would be constantly replacing blocks.
Thank you very much for your help. Sorry about that. I thought it would be possible. Thank you, and have a Massive day!