Archived Maiar - More Adapted To Being Aquatic

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlasGecko

Pioneer
Reaction score
I've seen quite a few people say Maiar don't seem too attuned to their environment:
Don't get me wrong, I love the whole idea of the Maiar and their lore. BUT, I can't help but look at them from a biological point of view, and I have to agree with others. The breathing underwater, fast swimming and drying out on land are fantastic in my opinion, but as an aquatic race, I can't help but think they need one or two more things.
  • First and foremost, a constant 'Respiration III' effect. I've heard people say I should install Optifine but I messed it up twice, and it'd be much easier to live with if people just simply had this effect on, without having to go to the extent of downloading a mod to make it happen. I personally am quite bad at installing mods, and on top of that it just makes sense that if you've evolved in the water, you can actually see where you're going.
  • Secondly, 'Aqua Affinity'. One of the most irritating things about this is that it shouldn't take very long to break a block if most Maiar cities and structures are deep under the ocean, so it makes sense that they'd be much more efficient at sub-sea building.
  • ***EDIT: Due to Waminer 's post I no longer think this is needed, as Maiar speed is enough to outlast an enemy in water*** Lastly, and this one is purely my own perspective, a strength 1 effect in water. I thought of this because, since EVERY other race is land based, combat on land can be a bit worrying for a Maiar since their food, and as a result regeneration, goes down very quickly. Having strength 1 in water would give a reason to actually almost fear the Maiar, as it would give other races a 'rule' if you will, which is to never take on a Maiar in the water. If this seems too O.P, maybe consider adding a weakness 1 effect while on land. I want to make it clear this last one is just a stab in the dark, and isn't something I'd expect everyone to take with open arms....or fins.
Please keep in mind this is my first ever actual post, so don't flame me if I've done something wrong or this post looks messy.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I completely support this, I've always loved the Maiar Race and all of their ability, but when they're underwater, they can't see or break blocks, making it impossible to create any sort of amazing civilizations. The Resperation and Aqua affinity affect would be a great Idea to add.

Supported.

I agree with it all, minus the strength.
They can move very fast in water, that's a strength in itself.
I'd hate to be boating my way to an area only to get destroyed by a single Maiar because they've got a constant Power I effect.

+0.66 Support

For some reason the submit button didn't work yesterday when I replied:

The races plugin is up for a complete rework after the implementation of MassiveMagic. As such, we won't be doing in depth changes to races, bridging this time. We'll take suggestions with us though.

I've been thinking about it, and well, I see everyone's point that the strength thing is not really needed. You've given me a different point of view of the Maiar, though I do still see the first two being not only incredibly useful but still making a lot of sense to have in the game. Those are some excellent points though, and I'll edit the post in accordance. Waminer

MonMarty I appreciate you taking time to reply to this! Like I have said, they're purely suggestions. The last one, after feedback from others, I don't think is necessary, although the first two I really, really would love to see being put into the game. They'd make the Maiar race so much easier to be and to live with than they currently are, seeing as you can't see more than about 5 blocks in front of you, and every block is like fist-punching obsidian. As you can see, I'm not the only one who thinks this! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.