Archived Maiar Lose Food Really Fast?

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Yeah, I've already got a topic running about this situation and a fix for it.
I think the new food update that came with 1.6 is the cause.

Yeah, I've already got a topic running about this situation and a fix for it.
I think the new food update that came with 1.6 is the cause.
Usually they need to sit in water and I was testing races until I was settled with human and it always went down fast and healed slow but it shouldn't of been effected by 1,6 although that brings up the subject of the advantages and disadvantages of it all.

I do not think this is a bug.
It was a choice that the Admin created as to make it realistic.
These 'Maiar's' are suppose to be Fish Folk, therefore they aren't suppose to be able to have strong interactions with land folk.
If they made it easy to regenerate, their realistic role-play would be ruined.

That´s true but at the Moment if you got no Hunger left and jump instantly into Water after that, you still loose like half of your Life until the feeding Effect starts to kick in.
And that is just stupid .... combined with the Maiarbug it makes Maiar one of the hardest and most annoying Race to play.

Although i understand your Argument that this is Part of Rp, it can´t be you can´t even finish a little Conversation because you run out of Hunger to fast ...

And with Horses the speedbonus isn´t that Op anymore except you fight in Water of course ... but that doesn´t happen often in my Opinion.

That´s true but at the Moment if you got no Hunger left and jump instantly into Water after that, you still loose like half of your Life until the feeding Effect starts to kick in.
And that is just stupid .... combined with the Maiarbug it makes Maiar one of the hardest and most annoying Race to play.

Although i understand your Argument that this is Part of Rp, it can´t be you can´t even finish a little Conversation because you run out of Hunger to fast ...

And with Horses the speedbonus isn´t that Op anymore except you fight in Water of course ... but that doesn´t happen often in my Opinion.

From my knowledge, Maiar are suppose to be seen as 'myths' or 'rumors' by the people of the lands. Not particularly seen to much apart from docklands, and sailors.

The point of the delay in gaining health is strategy.
If they made it so you can just jump in water at the last second, it would defeat the purpose of having them water folf, because everyone would just jump in the fountain when down to 0 and come back out after.

The fighting in Water and Maiar Factions, etc thing would happen if more Maiar accepted who they were and their Disadvantages, advantages. Then people could create more underground cities.

I don't think Maiar will change. It's not a bug, and the Mods have thought it through.
This has been risen a couple times, but from what I can tell the way it's structured is to the best it is.

Vampires suffer the same issue.

By the one thing everyone has been asking for is this but they haven't seen that they are always mentioning the effect of hunger rising by water.

Maybe your trying to suggest that they make the hunger effect kick in faster while in water. I was once testing races out and I found that it was quite slow, if you just ask for a small speed up in the effect I think that would do all the more good for people.

I'd take that upping the hunger return speed if we couldn't use the bottles.

I'd take that upping the hunger return speed if we couldn't use the bottles.
The water bottles are declined always by the staff because Maiar are fish people and are more suited to the actual water bays and source.

By having a water bottle your basically on land pouring water over yourself and letting it dry up in a few minutes. The whole point of Maiar are them to be amfibious begins who rely on large water sources to survive. By adding the water bottles it is basically taking that whole concept out.

Those that have disagreed with me as those narrowed minded to only see the disadvantages and the 'wants' of their own. Personal gain is the only way you are looking at it, when it fact this a community. A community based on ROLE-PLAY, & the role-play of the Maiar is a Sea Folk, not a Sea folk that's able to live on land without the common access to water.
This is what it is, if you don't like the race. Change. Maybe human is more effective for you, because that seems to be what you want Maiars to be.

The Maiar here aren't necessarily trying to live on land. The water bottles is a suggestion to help make Maiar a more liked option for current players and new players. Also, bottles might give us a chance to actually role play in the community. Think about it. In Regalia, how often do you walk over to the edge of the river to role play with a Maiar? Yes, I "want" to be able to role play with the community. That doesn't mean I want to be excluded from everything that goes on in the server.

The Maiar here aren't necessarily trying to live on land. The water bottles is a suggestion to help make Maiar a more liked option for current players and new players. Also, bottles might give us a chance to actually role play in the community. Think about it. In Regalia, how often do you walk over to the edge of the river to role play with a Maiar? Yes, I "want" to be able to role play with the community. That doesn't mean I want to be excluded from everything that goes on in the server.

For the last time,

I have mentioned it ever so discretly but each time this has been suggested it has been turned down by the staff for a lot of reasons. Look at my last post. read what it says for instance:

The water bottles are declined always by the staff because Maiar are fish people and are more suited to the actual water bays and source.

By having a water bottle your basically on land pouring water over yourself and letting it dry up in a few minutes. The whole point of Maiar are them to be amfibious begins who rely on large water sources to survive. By adding the water bottles it is basically taking that whole concept out.

Your not being excluded from RP and the staff won't necerssarily look at this any more and I am 'guessing' they are getting sick of this each time. Although it is common but also uncommon to see a Maiar RP even without water it is still considerd a great effort.

Consider what exactly Maiar are, merfolk/fish people. Those kinds of creatures did not often socialize with those dwelling on land due to feeling threatened and such. The powers are cool, but maiar is generally focused around roleplay.
If you are in fact a maiar and having troubles RPing but really do enjoy the race, why not start group RP plans/events directed at the maiar race on the forums to meet IG? This will make maiar RP more popular and possibly some land dwellers going out into the ocean to seek out these fasinating creatures. Its not a lack of abilites or options, its a lack of widening your view and ideas on the matter, if you try hard enough, you can be happy with any race with much success. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.