New Maiar Faction - Darkestcurrent

Discussion in 'Faction Recruitment' started by Infinito8, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Infinito8

Infinito8

Introduction
    The Maiar are a rare bunch to see on the server, their tendency to work with water seems to dissuade the majority of the player base from using them. Because of this the Maiar are largely unused compared to other races, with many factions revolving purely around the first civil status races. As such this faction is first and foremost a place for the Maiar to gather in a world that is controlled by the Ailor and Dwarf players.

The Faction
    As such the faction DarkestCurrent is intended for Maiar players duh (New and Old) who want to create a colony purely designed for their race. Like the title says this faction is new - and tiny - so everyone can bring something unique to the faction, after all, schools of Maiar are rare and I think it is safe to say that their very design and innate mysteriousness means that there is many directions that this faction can travel regarding our stance to architecture and regalia itself.

This faction can go in any direction at the moment: from a trading hub with the other races, to a band of pirates raiding the foolish creatures that cannot walk on water (Although I will admit my knowledge in tactics ends at: Group up and hit it till it dies! But hey, it works 3 out of 10 times so who am I to complain?)

Membership
    We are looking for anyone who is interested and is willing to pull their own weight (and put up with my water puns). If you want to build then great! If you want to stab something then YAY! (casual murder is fun) If you think you can contribute to the faction by spinning in circles while screaming about how the walls are closing in then... Woohoo!(?) I'll be sure to join in. If you want to dig like the dwarves then start digging (and don't look back... ever). Ok I think you get the idea, the only thing you need is to be a Maiar, unless your a stunty that is reaaallly good at holding his breath, in which case... welcome(?) I think.

Adminy Stuff
    I feel like I haven't properly emphasized how small we are yet, this faction is a drop in the ocean (hehe) and as such we are looking for officers just as we are looking for members and recruits, and so below I will list how I interpret the rankings, as each faction tends to deal with them differently (Be afraid! Be very afraid!).
    • Recruit - I cant imagine people will stay in this rank long - especially early on - and as such this rank will primarily serve as a testing ground, people in this rank just need to prove they are not going to go out of their way to harm our little gathering of fishy-wishies (it's in the Oxford dictionary look it up!).
    • Member - Ooooohhh look at you moving up in the world! Members are able to do most things in the faction except for the leadership commands like /f promote (obviously). Not much else to say about this rank except that these people have a... whale of a time!
    • Officer - To me the Officer rank is like a co-owner, they are the port of call for questions regarding the faction if I'm not on (or if you just don't like me - I don't blame you). As such people will not be made Officers straight away, if you want to be an Officer prove that you are competent and trust worthy, after all it is these people that will have the big bad kick command (scary I know!). That being said the opinions of an Officer does not necessarily out way the opinions of anyone else, like I said earlier the Maiar race are rarely used and there is little info regarding their architecture and their way of living. As such a great idea will be used even if the person giving it is of the recruit rank, so do not fear that because of your rank we wont listen to you, we will.

Infinito8
    So, I used to play on this server back when you could choose your race via a command in game (2012 I think) but I have only gotten back into Minecraft recently. I have managed factions before so I'm not completely new at this (Hurray!). I am in a transition period at the moment so I have plenty of time to sink into the server.

Other
    So in this section I'ma just get all my ducks in a row...
    - This faction is Maiar only!
    - We welcome all Maiar as long as they are... you know... Maiar (TAKE THE HINT).
    - Rule wise we are fairly simple: Don't go out of your way to harm us.
    - We welcome the crazy and we welcome the sane!
    - If you don't krill yourself because of me then you deserve an award.

If you made it all of the way down here then congratulations. You have passed the test! All you need to do now is find 200051 different kinds of rocks located throughout regalia, make a catapult out of these rocks and use this catapult to throw mail at me to show you are interested... or you could you know, just post your interest below if you don't fancy the challenge.

--

Note: Yes I am aware that the Maiar are currently undergoing review, and it is possible that they will be removed, while this is a shame there is little that can be done about it, I am hoping they get a rewrite and remain but if they are removed we will have to decide which direction to go as a faction, but we shall cross each bridge as we come to it.

Invite
    * = mandatory fields.
    --
    *Name:
    *I am a Maiar:
    I specialize in:
    The faction should become...:
    *An interesting fact about lemons:

By joining you are acknowledging the express rule of "Don't be a dick" and waiving your right to be anything other than a Maiar (Muhahaha)

2. ZiHAMMER

ZiHAMMER Violettee is a transgender

Fising 1000.

3. soapboxstage

soapboxstage a muppet of a man

At this point, this is quite unlikely. Staff have said that there are no plans to remove the Maiar (too lazy to find the quote). The lore is currently quite functioning and maiar are very easy to play.

Thinking about joining fac, not sure tho

4. Lord_ArchAngel

Lord_ArchAngel Justice Bringer

Maiar Paladins?

5. Infinito8

Infinito8

I mean... what faction is complete without a Maiar Paladin!

(Duh)

They are renowned throughout regalia for... you know... paladinininin (true story)

6. grizenator

grizenator Refugee

Just a hint, custom coral is better than 1.13 coral

7. Infinito8

Infinito8

*Quite, but persistent nudge*

8. soapboxstage

soapboxstage a muppet of a man

*quiet

9. Infinito8

Infinito8

Well I guess that's what I get for pretending I can touch type...