Archived Harmful Devices.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SorryNari

The Trilogy
Reaction score
In medieval times, torture was sometimes used as a sentence if you were caught doing a crime. So why not bring some fun or a show to it on massivecraft? Torture was used in the 15th century, and is still being used today. Instead of just catching and immediately killing a vampire, why not show some public humiliation? (Too many vampires. Lets get rid of them.)

Basically, if someone was caught with a crime then this would happen-

Theft/Stealing: The Pillory would be used for public humiliation and shame. The pillory has 3 holes in a wooden board. The criminal would have their head placed through the hole, then would lock the board so they can not get out. Usually, the crowd would throw rotten vegetables, feces, or rocks. If thrown with rocks, the criminal can end up having fatal injuries, or death. The pillory does not kill the victim itself.

Heretics/Vampyre: The stake would be the last stop for heretics and other criminals. The stake is a very simple method. A pile of dry wood with a stake at the center. Then the heretic would be tied to the stake. The wood would be set on fire, and the criminal would be burnt to crisp. Like burnt toast. The fire would do the job, and there is no possible way known to escape from the burning stake. The stake was a public show and many crowds watched for entertainment or possibly other purposes. (I believe that the stake was used in Massivecraft.)

Mass Murderer/Wanted Killer: The Brazen Bull is known for the burning pain and the agonizing pain. The Brazen Bull was crafted out of brass that had a hollow shape. This device was shaped as a real bull. The victim would be placed inside of the bull and a fire would be lit underneath. The screams of the victim would sound like a bull, since there is a instrument placed inside of the bull. The instrument would transform the screams of a human, into the sound of a raging bull.

This are only ideas for Massivecraft. These torturous devices were used in The Middle Ages. Again, this is only a suggestion. I do not care if you think of me as a evil or sadistic person. I was thinking about adding these devices for RP and for public enjoyment. (I noticed that people liked watching executions in Massivecraft, so I decided to bring this up.)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Yes, women were given to soldiers to be raped. Pear of Anguish can be inserted to other places, but the only place I know is the mouth. Slowly opening the pear would dislocate your jaw, and cause quite a lot of swelling.

It was used in other places but the mouth/neck, woman were tortured by that not just in the throat.

There was types of tortures in the times that would 'determine' whether a person was innocent or guilty, after that the more servere torture would begin.

Witches were determined by weighing stones on their feet (heavy to help them sink.) and thrown over the side of a bridge into the water. If the 'witch' floated they were guily/innocent or if they stayed at the bottom of the river they were innocent/guilty (I cannot remember which order..).
If they were witches, they are burned on a stake to prove they are.

I was thinking about adding the Iron Maiden. I was curious of HOW we would be able to make it. Perhaps a cactus?

Up the Irons! I vote pistons or iron doors that close inside an iron box with a cactus, yes. something like that. I would love seeing these put into effect. We also need A guillotine. How awesome would it be to have something that kills a player and produces a spawned head for display?

It was used in other places but the mouth/neck, woman were tortured by that not just in the throat.

There was types of tortures in the times that would 'determine' whether a person was innocent or guilty, after that the more servere torture would begin.

Witches were determined by weighing stones on their feet (heavy to help them sink, their already dead.) and thrown over the side of a bridge into the water. If the 'witch' floated they were guily/innocent or if they stayed at the bottom of the river they were innocent/guilty (I cannot remember which order..).

I believe that when you sunk, you were considered innocent. Your soul would be blessed.

If you floated, you would be considered a witch. You would be torn apart, and burned. Your skeleton would be mashed into pieces and such.

Yes, women were given to soldiers to be raped. Pear of Anguish can be inserted to other places, but the only place I know is the mouth. Slowly opening the pear would dislocate your jaw, and cause quite a lot of swelling.
The pair was used to punish liars, if you lied it was put in your mouth. But it was also used to punish those who cheated on there spouse, or for being a homosexual. If you committed adultery or where accused of being homosexual it would be inserted into the anus or the vagina.

The only thing I wonder is HOW we will build these devices?

Very good idea. However I think we should stick to lighter forms of torture. The bull and the stocks sound interesting. Not to sure about the rack though >.<

Nah, I don't think they will hurt me. And I behave good anyway.
Well, maybe to there face your a good girl. but I have seen you drunk, angry and dam right murderous, sooooooo if you call that being good I don't want to see bad.

Well, maybe to there face your a good girl. but I have seen you drunk, angry and dam right murderous, sooooooo if you call that being good I don't want to see bad.
Lies, everyone. I'm never drunk and how could I be murderous? I mean, where would I even keep a weapon?

Lies, everyone. I'm never drunk and how could I be murderous? I mean, where would I even keep a weapon?
well I do believe you have a fondness of rum, and for the weapon. I do believe you complaining that it was hidden in a very awkward spot, I think your words were "I need to find a place to hold my knife that's not between my breasts" but you know, my memory isn't the greatest.

lorenofwgkta with the exception of the guy locked up in an iron maiden, yes. Or did I do that..?

tumblr_msfxptPurQ1rmgso1o1_500.gif

My god... You people are hilarious.

I read about the bull one.
There are other ones that are horrible too..
Here's a few. Don't watch when eating unless you're Luthien or a badass..

Witches were determined by weighing stones on their feet (heavy to help them sink.) and thrown over the side of a bridge into the water. If the 'witch' floated they were guily/innocent or if they stayed at the bottom of the river they were innocent/guilty (I cannot remember which order..).
If they were witches, they are burned on a stake to prove they are.
I think you're talking about Ordeal by water? It was the best Ordeal if you guaranteed wanted them dead. Like xXFallenNinjaXx said, but it could on rare occasions, be used for beings other then witches.

It's not really torture, but I'd like to see removal of hands as a punishment for those thieves that snatch items off the ground when you buy them... :@

It's not really torture, but I'd like to see removal of hands as a punishment for those thieves that snatch items off the ground when you buy them... :@

Removal of hands? Well, the pillory doesn't have to be just to attract attention and shame. While the victim is on the Pillory, their ears or fingers would be cut off just for punishment or entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.