Geography Update Has Launched!

Which new continent is your favorite?

• Total voters

HydraLana

The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Greetings to any and all players of MassiveCraft! After several months of work, many of the Geography pages on the Wiki has finally been updated. There are a handful of new ones too due to the new continents that the last Geography map brought into the server. For everyone eager to hop right on in, here is the link so you can all go and take a look for yourself!

But HydraLana, where is Ellador?
Ellador is in the last stages of being written up and will be posted hopefully within the next week or two!
Edit: Ellador has now been released!

But HydraLana, where is the rest of Daen?
Funny thing about Daen. After the Altalar update several weeks ago, Daen's southern half has undergone a transformation. The Wildering is now a feature of the landmasses as well as more regions like the Sundial Isles have been added into the lore. At this time, without a new map to help guide the creation of articles for each of these regions, the pages for Daendroc, Hyarroc and Teled Methen will not and can not be written (that includes the Far West aka Dread Empire territory). It may take some time for them to be created, but they will come at a later date.

HydraLana, why is the article changing as I read it?
The Lore Staff have put a ton of effort into this update. We are bound to get some things wrong or misphrase certain aspects of the lore. Because of that, over the coming days and weeks, it is highly likely that some of the content on the pages will be changed. But they should only be minor edits, and nothing major.

HydraLana, I see something wrong!
Then please feel free to make a Wiki Feedback Report about it! I will be trying to keep a close eye on that section over the coming weeks to help correct any errors players report to us involving lore or grammar. I would ask that if you find multiple issues on a single article, combine them together into one Report and not spam an endless number of edits all for the same page. For everyone interested, here is the link to the Wiki Feedback section: https://forums.massivecraft.com/forums/wiki-feedback.319/

HydraLana, I want to fill in those Red Links!
Well, please feel free to maybe take a look at the Player Writing Prompts to help us do just that! There is a lot of smaller bits of lore we on the Staff don't always have time to write. If you see a plant, animal, or heck, if you have your own idea about something you might want to write, please feel free to take a gander at and look over the Player Writing Prompt section: https://forums.massivecraft.com/forums/player-writing-prompts.296/

Final Personal Note
Merry Christmas MassiveCraft. I hope you all enjoy the content and it helps you add just that little bit extra to your character ideas, IG emotes, or just general interaction with the server and its RP world. I know I'll certainly be using them, and I hope to see all of you in the New Year.

Are the New Ceardian Colonies still being rewritten, or perhaps missed out when reuploaded to the wiki? As when clicked on they direct to the Minor Nations and States list page, and searching for the old New Ceardia page jumps to an empty page with a recent deletion.

Are the New Ceardian Colonies still being rewritten, or perhaps missed out when reuploaded to the wiki? As when clicked on they direct to the Minor Nations and States list page, and searching for the old New Ceardia page jumps to an empty page with a recent deletion.
Apologies, it will be rewritten at some point. It was unfortunately out of date, a mis-hyperlink and for now, the Essalonia page will have to be enough to inform players, as well as the Colonial culture page.

How the heck do Aloria's climates work?
Magic. But more seriously, several magical events over Aloria's history have had an impact on the climate and geography of multiple regions hence why they can be a bit odd or strange sometimes.

I love it but me and EzalB found an issue.

Hadar is 1,800,000,000 mi² and Earth is 197,000,000 mi². The scaling on area for all the regions is WAY way too large. Even Etosil is larger than Earth.

Aloria is way way way way bigger than Earth.
I love it but me and EzalB found an issue.

Hadar is 1,800,000,000 mi² and Earth is 197,000,000 mi². The scaling on area for all the regions is WAY way too large. Even Etosil is larger than Earth.
@HydraLana why is Aloria hundreds of times bigger than earth?
I will be honest, I have no idea how that happened. Due to Regalia roughly being the size of Europe, I went with Hadar being sorta the size of the Carribean (in terms of land). But, as any Wikipedia search will tell you, it is merely over a million, not a billion, miles squared. I have absolutely no idea why or how I added in extra three zeroes to it, resulting in Turmen also getting the same billions measurement and then the whole affair just ballooning out from that. It should be fixed within a few minutes.

Additional Point: Be aware that even this correction likely isn't even right. I have absolutely no tool, and I doubt there exists one, to digitally measure the area of the Regalian Archipelago and then compare that with other regions in terms of a percentage in order to get the size of those areas in comparison to it. It might very well change in the future so that we do not even have a measurement of the area for these regions, but hopefully, this update will tone down some of the more absurd numbers.

Additional Point: Be aware that even this correction likely isn't even right. I have absolutely no tool, and I doubt there exists one, to digitally measure the area of the Regalian Archipelago and then compare that with other regions in terms of a percentage in order to get the size of those areas in comparison to it. It might very well change in the future so that we do not even have a measurement of the area for these regions, but hopefully, this update will tone down some of the more absurd numbers.
Its alright, math gets weird real quick when percents are involved.

Also, Sendrass was just properly added to the Geography page, I somehow forgot it.