• Regalian Roleplay Rules

1. Roleplay rules apply in this category.
    2. Posts are in-character.
    3. Posts are not anonymous.
    4. Posts and reactions made to posts are public. What your character says or does is known by all other characters. If you would like a reaction to be private, do not post it as a public response to a thread. Roleplay it out on the server!
    5. Out-of-character commentary on threads is not allowed unless it is specifically spoiled or bracketed, and/or highlights additional information for in-character responses.
    6. Meme responses are not allowed. This includes reposting the same content as the poster(s) above, or repeating catch phrases on a post.

Flowers Need Attention. Sonnet No. 2

disanthea

Beggar
Reaction score
P9DkoPt.png

----------------------------------------------

{!} Once more, a piece of parchment would be pinned up at most major locations in Regalia.

neXI13u.png

Passers-by may notice the lack of title. Thank you for the support on the last poem!

Affiliated character sheet: Saphaya

Hello! Me again. This time I have used the English / Shakespearean sonnet formatting to mix it up. This style is my personal favourite, consisting of three four-line stanzas (also known as a quatrain) and an ending couplet.

The rhyming scheme for a Shakespearean sonnet is as follows:
ABAB CDCD EFEF GG
With all lines, once more, consisting of 10 syllables.

I've really enjoyed playing around with concepts not found in the contemporary world, for example: Ullaline. Which is a flower usually picked by Asha slaves due to their claws dexterity. The line in of itself is a metaphor for Asha slaves, representing them as downtrodden flowers.

The entire poem up until the conclusive couplet is a statement, in spite of the first line. I'd like to say that the sonnet is a complex allegory for how those in power step around the point rather than addressing it directly, but feel free to create your own understandings of it <3

Once more, thank you. I appreciate you for taking the time to read my manic poetry episode!