Archived Faction Plugin Surgestions...

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arvallon

Arvanion Cyladhras of Avallónë
Reaction score
Hey massive!
I came up with two surgestions refering to factions...

1e
I believe it would be a good thing to add some sort of 'empire option'. This option could allow spicific factions / persons to either build/use container ,etc... This way you don't have to go and grant permission in every chunk of your base, or have to take the risk of a new member of an allied faction to go trolling in your base, and break everything because you want to share a city with an ally. This 'idea' is simple. It would be a combination of the 'permission command' and the 'chunk command'. You set permission's for a specific ally or person.
Examples:
for faction: /f perm f (facname) v = viewing a spicific factions permissions.
/f perm f (facname) (permission) (yes/no) = Setting the permission.
for players: /f perm p (player).... rest is the same

This will make it easy for 'Empires' to set permisions for their sub factions and individual friends/workers.

2e
I know that you guys resantly changed it so that mobs now spawn in dark areas on faction ground to make it more exiting.
If its possible can you guys make it so that factions can set there mob spawn to true/false individualy? I agree its a alot of fun having to kill mobs during the night and all... But if your busy and don't have time for mobs to anoy your it becomes very inconvenient to have mobs all over your construction site. Making it an option would also add some change for the spawning of mobs to be more roleplay related: 'Well build' cities that are strongly guarded obviously dont have dangerous creatures walking their streets, while factions living openly in the wilds have to deal with them at a constant rate.

If anyone els got a surgestion feel free to place one here aswel :) Anywats tell me wat you think of these 2 things... If they happen to have been surgested before or already implanted somewhere that i not know off then please accept my formal apology ;3 Anyways feel free to leavea comment.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hey man, good suggestions - Just a few tips however.
You really need to remember to review, recheck multiple times to make sure your spelling is in place. There is no reason for you to spell wrong when there is things like word-check etc, now a days.
It creates less impact to the reader if the author doesn't bother with checking spelling, as it shows a lack of effort. Which in turn, leads to the reader being bored, and not taking your opinions into account.

Try to well, add more punctuation, grammar, and use stronger words to get your message across.
Put enthuse quotes on words like 'strong', 'important' ... Things that add a lot of impact.

Lastly, don't beat around the bush. 'If it's possible, can you guys make it so that factions can....' - Although this is seen as polite, it isn't impolite to be direct. E.g, 'I think it would be in the best interest of the Majority to make it so ..... '. See the difference?
You have a lot of creative thoughts my friend, as I've seen, and deserve to have your message read.

Emperor_max P.s Don't blame your grammar on using your mobile, it's done to many times and still comes across bad.

To bad I dont use my mobile often enough for that tho.:P but thanku for the tips. Il run trough it again and improve some of it.

Hey massive!

1e
I believe it would be a good thing to add some sort of 'empire option'. This option could allow spicific factions / persons to either build/use container ,etc... This way you don't have to go and grant permission in every chunk of your base, or have to take the risk of a new member of an allied faction to go trolling in your base, and break everything because you want to share a city with an ally. This 'idea' is simple. It would be a combination of the 'permission command' and the 'chunk command'. You set permission's for a specific ally or person.
Examples:

This will make it easy for 'Empires' to set permisions for their sub factions and individual friends/workers.

2e
I know that you guys resantly changed it so that mobs now spawn in dark areas on faction ground to make it more exiting.
If its possible can you guys make it so that factions can set there mob spawn to true/false individualy? I agree its a alot of fun having to kill mobs during the night and all... But if your busy and don't have time for mobs to anoy your it becomes very inconvenient to have mobs all over your construction site. Making it an option would also add some change for the spawning of mobs to be more roleplay related: 'Well build' cities that are strongly guarded obviously dont have dangerous creatures walking their streets, while factions living openly in the wilds have to deal with them at a constant rate.

If anyone els got a surgestion feel free to place one here aswel :) Anywats tell me wat you think of these 2 things... If they happen to have been surgested before or already implanted somewhere that i not know off then please accept my formal apology ;3 Anyways feel free to leavea comment.

1e - I'm pretty sure an empire feature has already been discussed and is going to be featured in a new version of factions. Correct me if I'm wrong though (staff).

2e - This would be nice, though I could care less whether or not it is implemented.

Hey massive!

1e
Examples:

2e

Spam torches everywhere when your build dude, swat I do

Wel...
If the staff is already working on something to make the 1e surgestion possible. (In their own way)
Then I only would like to encurage them to keep up the good work.;)

On the 2e one we might still have a problem...
Jomdorr Yes I can just spam torches when building... But wat if I am finished and they spawn in these tiny corners just that are just out of reach from the nicely implanted light system. Or the gardens that are surposed to be not fully lit. I am not saying to disable mob spawn again... Only to turn it into an option that can be switched on and off.

I hate to leave my base spammed with torches just to keep the mobs out...:( Kind of ruins the view.

Wel...
If the staff is already working on something to make the 1e surgestion possible. (In their own way)
Then I only would like to encurage them to keep up the good work.;)

On the 2e one we might still have a problem...
Jomdorr Yes I can just spam torches when building... But wat if I am finished and they spawn in these tiny corners just that are just out of reach from the nicely implanted light system. Or the gardens that are surposed to be not fully lit. I am not saying to disable mob spawn again... Only to turn it into an option that can be switched on and off.

I hate to leave my base spammed with torches just to keep the mobs out...:( Kind of ruins the view.
I suppose you has a point

Status
Not open for further replies.