Archived Faction Naming Mechanics

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Celeras

Pioneer
Reaction score
I did a search, didn't find anything related to this suggestion which surprises me since I doubt I'm alone in this.

One thing that always annoyed me about factions is not having the ability to have a name with a space in between words. For example, instead of a faction named "CelsLanding" It would be "Cels Landing." I don't claim to know a lot about plugins, but it seems like it would be possible given there are other commands on the server like /nick and /char that recognize spaces.

Another thing I was wondering is why we can only have alphanumeric names. The name example above would normally have an apostrophe (Cel's Landing) but it's not allowed. Why?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
So one of the reasons a space is not allowed is because it would trigger a toggle. In some commands, there is another part after you type the faction name. This would confuse the program

So one of the reasons a space is not allowed is because it would trigger a toggle. In some commands, there is another part after you type the faction name. This would confuse the program

Edit: I mistook what you were saying.

If that is the case, why not have the plugin only recognize words inside quotes or parenthesis as the name?

Edit: I mistook what you were saying.

If that is the case, why not have the plugin only recognize words inside quotes or parenthesis as the name?
So that could work. But to answer your original question. It works in /nick and in /money and /char. Because it's the last part of the command. There are no toggles after that. Same sometimes occurs in /f name. But there is a toggle. If you don't use it, it assumes your faction. But you can change the name of another faction when given the correct permissions. So it probably won't work in /f name

One solution might be to follow through with the existing mechanics for Faction titles to add spaces, such as
/f title {Username} &b&oExample\ Title
Since it already exists in code, such a remedy wouldn't take /as/ long to be implemented. The new command might work as follows.
/f name Example\ Faction

I think this would come in handy and would certainly help soothe my OCD when it comes to faction names