Archived Default /dynmap To Hide

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Mafrorific

Citizen
Reaction score
I think having the /dynmap setting default to Show does a terrible disservice to new players. They are immediately targeted by those few on the server who are more interested in killing an unwitting nub in starter gear than fostering the overall growth of the server. As those individuals show no sign of changing their behavior, I believe defaulting /dynmap to Hide would go a long way towards greatly improving the first impression for a lot of new players.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I actually think this is an excellent idea. Then you can teach new players that if they want to be shown on the map what they should do, and the risks. It's really not great for a new player on their impression on the server if they start out loosing their starter gear, unable to get it back.

Last edited:
But killing people is fun ;(

Great idea. It would be a step in the right direction to the increased retention of new players.

I think there's a technical problem that when you have /dynmap hide on, it's not possible to /dynmap show without relogging. Dynmap isn't an in house plugin, that being said I'm not sure players should visible at all on the map.

Last edited:
"The plugin FactionsDynmap is developed right here on MassiveCraft directly by the Factions authors"
I believe that's an extension for linking the factions plugin to dynmap and showing faction territory on the map. He probably meant the Dynmap itself along with the /dynmap command and such is not an in-house plugin.

I believe that's an extension for linking the factions plugin to dynmap and showing faction territory on the map. He probably meant the Dynmap itself along with the /dynmap command and such is not an in-house plugin.
Thanks for the infoz!! Yeah I was a bit confused on that lol