Daendroc Restoration A Massive Success (so Far)

Nice work so far Nat - Liking the ruins etc. I'm assuming you're still getting to the big holes in the ground? I've dropped a chest with 'some' dirt in it at the ruins you've created if it helps.

Depends on the hole, I guess. I still try to make them less of a falling hazard but I leave the ones that look natural or adds to the terrain in a good way.

I think my view is skewed by the fact that most of the landscape in this area was just that - holes bloody everywhere - before I came along and started fixing them. That's probably why I lean towards filling most of them if not all. It's also damned frustrating when you're trying to ride a horse around to inspect for damage... and... as my long term plan is to have teams of rangers 'doing the rounds' so to speak it's probably more prudent to make the holes the exception rather than the norm. What do you think?

I think I can handle plot N, but can I look at it closer before i start. As a landscape and interior architect, I have lots to do and do little time to do it. desmonster

I think my view is skewed by the fact that most of the landscape in this area was just that - holes bloody everywhere - before I came along and started fixing them. That's probably why I lean towards filling most of them if not all. It's also damned frustrating when you're trying to ride a horse around to inspect for damage... and... as my long term plan is to have teams of rangers 'doing the rounds' so to speak it's probably more prudent to make the holes the exception rather than the norm. What do you think?

Haha, that sounds fine.

If plot H is available still, I could take it.
Also, I think you should start expanding and adding new plots. Most of the plots now have been taken.

Areas in the forests west of Algaron need restoring. You should definitely add more plots.

Areas in the forests west of Algaron need restoring. You should definitely add more plots.

Definitely going to expand our efforts Tom - We're just sorting the areas worst hit first and then we'll figure out how to maintain those area and move on the the rest of Daendroc.

I know there is a beach down south that has been absolutely hammered and others I won't go into here but once we've done all these plots I'll start a new thread.

And see now, how our work is being payed off. May its beauty be everlasting.;)
2013-12-30_16.40.17.png

Afraid I can't help with the actual rebuilding, I don't really have the time. However if you require any monetary donations let me know :)

Started using Fortune cookies for harvesting wheat. Soo much more seeds = more grass! <3 Fortune cookies

I wen't through the comments and I don't think that this one has been answered yet so I'd just like to push this question /\.

Quesk, the initial rumours of Daendroc's deletion were just that - rumours - brought about by someone speculating on a forum thread about which one would be the next to go. That speculation (from someone who had no REAL information) was then mentioned a few times (by people with no authority... or idea) in game.

From there it quickly metamorphosed into "I heard that it was the next to go" which then spread back to the forums which then spread back to in game chat and so on... and it just started getting more and more out of control breeding from rampant speculation into an ill founded rumour.

With that said... on October 20th MonMarty said to me:
"Any world is temporary, no world will exist forever.
Dates for deletion aren't confirmed on any current worlds though, which means any and all worlds are still safe for at least 2 months"

...which makes perfect sense.

Admins aren't going to beat themselves up if a world goes the way of Ceardia. If they lost sleep over such matters they'd surely go bonkers. I respect and accept that, in its current format, griefers will eventually take each world down in turn.

This is why it remains a personal crusade of mine, emperor_max and Mech to restore the map (all of it eventually) in a highly publicised manner thereby minimising any argument for its deletion...

...but...

Admins have their own plans. Hypothetically, if Cay had exciting plans for a "New Daendroc" before I came along with my restoration effort I wouldn't expect him to change his plans just because one meagre player (premium or not) had a crack at saving 'old Daendroc'. Hypothetically, he'd be very excited about what he wanted to do and just go ahead and do it.

So, while our efforts may delay Daendroc's demise, I can't guarantee it will stay the executioner's hand indefinitely.

This is why I intend to continue campaigning for at least one 'test' world that is made 'claim to edit' as discussed here:
http://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/12869/

desmonster Thank you for answering the question, I will definitely be pitching in at some point, just a little bit busy now. But greifing is truly ridiculous, I really don't see why some one would waste their own time just going around and wrecking dirt. That claim to build idea you came up with would stop this large scale greifing immensely, I'm really glad you came up with it.

desmonster, due to exams descending on me, I cannot do the plot of land that I said I'd do so you'd better assign it to somebody else.

I suggest you all establish something similar to green peace, start crazy riots and overthrow them lumber jack companies.

If you need any natural stone mined out send me a message

Due to faction related bothers, and some tests incoming. I can no longer restore Plot-D, I'm afraid the restoration will have to descend upon somebody else.