Daendroc Restoration A Massive Success (so Far)

Nice job, and good luck!
~ Imboring56

Thanks man - once I get through this little project and work out a structure for it's upkeep I'll possibly turn my attention back to resolving a protocol for a test "claim to build" world... and then of course lobby/plead/massage to get it up the flag pole. I suspect a mix of 'normal' worlds and 'claim to edit' worlds will be the only way to combat this long term.

I can't express how much I love that these players have taken such an active hand in something they care about. I'll be donating what supplies (and limited time) I can, you guys are awesome. Keep up the great work.

I am impressed! I may not speak for everyone here, but I am very appreciative of all of everyone's effort in this little project ordeal. It's amazing! I wish you luck with this, for it looks grand now! Keep up the fantastic work, friend!

I'll help ye with it on Friday, currently I'm busy studying for this week's finals.

What's everyone's opinion on that nasty big cobble wall between plots M, O and P? Should it come down?? I'm pretty sure it's been abandoned for months... but we'd best check for deadbolted chests/doors first and check with their owners.

We'll take U and V as well if they're still open. May as well do the entire area :P

All yours Mech - for the glory of Okyno - Thrust, Parry, Wassail!

Mech - do you want payments made to you or Okyno bank?

No payments, this helps new members get used to taking care of the environment, plus it's fun to landscape! I'm going to put in some small streams and waterfalls, with some hills too if I can :)

Thank you all. your support in this is indeed greatly apresiated. :)
I would like to say though that my time has becomme very limited. I shall try to do what I can dispite my inabilities.
The area that has been my focus for the last weeks shall be given a 2e cleaning. I shall also tackle the mountains west from the tavern, where the large temple like structures are build. I shall attempt to be creative with them as I have been with the area that was given to me to restore.

I hope that our efforts inspire others to do their part, and help heal this world, to the better days it once was.

Also I still urge to switch the Daendroc ship to the last plot of the line of vessals sailing out to the continents. I still receive many new people who continuesly have to advice to move deeper into Daendroc, (and not all of em want to so that does holdup the restoration of some particaly noticable areas):P I do not know who to tag for this so if anyone knows who to adress this to, please tag that person for me :3

I would like to say though that my time has becomme very limited. I shall try to do what I can dispite my inabilities.

Max - don't feel bad mate - until you came along I was struggling with this... and you have really helped me to kick it up a gear. Take all the time you need - hopefully with this most recent campaign we'll have done enough to ensure the perpetuity of this particular map for a while longer.

For those recuiring access. Plz mail me ingame. Its a littlebit easier for me to add people then. ;)

Mecharic

I asked this exact same question to MonMarty about a week ago. In his words, "Not going to happen." I don't think we should necessarily give up hope. If desmonster can lead the charge, sustain the restoration effort, and if we keep getting more people involved, it will be plausible to bring about this fair simple change that will really boost the effectiveness of our efforts.

This is a very noble thing that you guys are doing. I hope this will save the forgotten lands. But to make it safe, I think you would need to restore the whole continent. :/ Well, I wish you guys a lot of luck!

-Greetings, Theboomyfly.

Mecharic

I asked this exact same question to MonMarty about a week ago. In his words, "Not going to happen." I don't think we should necessarily give up hope. If desmonster can lead the charge, sustain the restoration effort, and if we keep getting more people involved, it will be plausible to bring about this fair simple change that will really boost the effectiveness of our efforts.

Ah, so staff aren't supporting this? Everyone, start a protest at Regalia saying "Move that boat!" :P

Ah, so staff aren't supporting this? Everyone, start a protest at Regalia saying "Move that boat!" :P

I have assisted in removing long expired chestshops, and spent a little bit of time placing dirt/grass.

While I feel efforts could be better spent in worlds such as Ellador, its their choice, and I'm happy to assist in their projects when I can.

I think we should all make a habit of removing expired deadbolts and breaking chests that are no longer in use in the wild

I can't work much on this either asI have a ton of things I am doing at the moment, irl and in game.

I have assisted in removing long expired chestshops, and spent a little bit of time placing dirt/grass.

While I feel efforts could be better spent in worlds such as Ellador, its their choice, and I'm happy to assist in their projects when I can.

Ah, but in Ellador staff can use magically wipe out any grief right? Or was that not implemented until Ithania?

desmonster
I find this project to be truly marvelous, it's so lovely to see a world regressing back to it's former beauty, and glory. I praise you much, and thank you thoroughly!

After previously seeing the work you guys did, I'm glad to see you stepped it up a notch!
From replacing grass on the first layer, to actually adding real biome details - Bravo, BRAVO!

Remember people, go Nub hunting to prevent deforestation along with damage to the soils of aloria!

Plot K is mostly complete save for parts of the west side and the water areas.

Also, gonna be working on this.

Whoever did plot K i send a huge thank you too, my faction base is the town outside of it and you have made it 1000000 times better to look at (H)(H)(clap)

Just wanted to note my appreciation and applause for your dedication in the preservation and restoration of Daendroc. If you have need of it: supplies, repairs, and any other assistance you might need is always available in roleplay form from the Gerard nobility or from the Maiar Federation. Best of luck, friends.

Plot K is mostly complete save for parts of the west side and the water areas.

Also, gonna be working on this.

Nice work so far Nat - Liking the ruins etc. I'm assuming you're still getting to the big holes in the ground? I've dropped a chest with 'some' dirt in it at the ruins you've created if it helps.

The Okyno Plots are about 2/3rds finished. Got some finishing dirt to place and lots of trees to plant :P

The Okyno Plots are about 2/3rds finished. Got some finishing dirt to place and lots of trees to plant :P

I noticed - very impressive guys.

In the new year I think I'll start recruiting and I'll set up a team of Rangers who can monitor the 'contributions' of noobs and police the repairs and the warnings/punishments. Be afraid Noobs. Maybe we should erect a 'warning sign' south of Daenshore ;)

Although... I've resisted the urge to recruit so far - I'm worried it will take up all of my time and reduce my ability to repair/build.