Archived Custom Faction Texture Packs?

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

FowlerNoah

King
Reaction score
Faction
Valeria
Kingdom
Valerian Empire
Roleplay Guilds
King's Guard
Perhaps in faction areas there be a message that pops up with a statement such as;
"This faction uses <enter texturepack name here>. You may obtain it at this link: <link>"

Just food for thought.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Amazing idea, however I would imagine it would be very difficult to create such a plugin. Also, I observe that when I use /texturepack with the Massivecraft texturepack, it makes my computer much slower and the lag unbearable. Your idea will most likely have a similar effect. Also, they would have to program it so that people in the faction who didn't want the texture pack didn't have to use it, which makes it all the more challenging.

I was thinking of making a texture pack for my faction and ask my members to use it but, I think it's a great idea. I love this feature

"This Faction uses [ MassiveCraft Resource Pack. You know? The server you're playing on. You twat. ]"

That's what mine would say :D
A nice idea, but if you're doing a texture pack based thing, just use the MassiveResource pack :D

I simply believe this idea is beneficial in the sense that, the MassiveCraft pack can't cater to everyone.
With this being said;
Amazing idea, however I would imagine it would be very difficult to create such a plugin. Also, I observe that when I use /texturepack with the Massivecraft texturepack, it makes my computer much slower and the lag unbearable. Your idea will most likely have a similar effect. Also, they would have to program it so that people in the faction who didn't want the texture pack didn't have to use it, which makes it all the more challenging.

Some of my old friends have the same issue with lag, hence a link to the pack be provided instead of a command to download.