Archived Cigars For Regalia?

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElfArcher9191

Master Of Stealth
Reaction score
I recently was smoking a cigar in the local tavern and I thought to myself "If you can hold canes and wedding rings...what can you hold to smoke a cigar?'' I don't know if there is already an item to hold to smoke a cigar (If there is forgive my ignorance) but I was thinking you could hold like a piece of oak log, a spider eye, or maybe something else? Comment below on your thoughts, and admins maybe make this a feature?? (The reason I'm doing this is because Ezekiel (my character) smoke De'Morte Cigars)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Tabacco plants are not in our lore, and as such sigars are not either.

Azas
Considering my roleplay family relies heavily on the use of tobacco and the smoking of cigars, several people have been very accepting on the principle of it. DrFong's character enjoys receiving cigars from Alexiel, and BabaManga and I had a lasting RolePlay about it and even a discussion on how it is grown and how to smoke it; within these RolePlays ,the smoking of the tobacco was the main idea in entirety. Bringing up Fong again I went to him personally and questioned him about the Lore-Compliance of the drug and we both agreed that the principle of Tobacco being a non-lore-compliant item is a bit ridiculous. The main point is that tobacco would be an expensive substance to purchase, and the finest would only be affordable by nobles, I had the realization of the small amount of attention tobacco got while writing Alexiel and made the decision to create more of an atmosphere and outlet for tobacco to enter Regalia. The D'Morte family relies heavily on tobacco and it was one of the main points in Alexiel's character intro approved by PickAccess. Tobacco would just be very expensive and few commoners would smoke it if any, that being how the D'Morte family represents it I rarely give any cigars to commoners and those I do are members of the small upper class among the peasantry.

ElfArcher9191
If the whole argument would come down to being opposite of my favor, I did mislead you, but unknowingly I would have never pulled someone into something of non lore-compliance.
tobacco was found in the New World..in the Americas..

:) Oh yea...but its medieval and tobacco wasn't found in the medieval times XD

Ah but look it up in wikipedia. A sailor was seen with "smoke coming from his nostrils" in about 1600. The Middle ages lasted from 500-1500. So almost. Even then people still could have smoked in the Middle ages.

Ah but look it up in wikipedia. A sailor was seen with "smoke coming from his nostrils" in about 1600. The Middle ages lasted from 500-1500. So almost. Even then people still could have smoked in the Middle ages.

Actually no. The Middle ages were 400-1400. 5th through 15th CENTURIES

Hey...hate all you like but Ezekiel needs his tobacco.... XD

Oh, just stop your rambling and smoke some weed, already!

If it would be lore-compliant, of course. I read of vikings which smoked weed, yes, marijuana, before going into battle in order to feel less to no remorse in pillaging.

Who needs tobacco? Not Aloria. Opium is what's going around now.

Or blow up the pipe you were smoking it in, sending shrapnel everywhere

I actually doubt that such a small quantity would blow it up completely. People, when burnt at the stake, had a pouch of gunpowder strapped around their necks to then be lit and their faces burnt. The pouches were rather large...

I actually doubt that such a small quantity would blow it up completely. People, when burnt at the stake, had a pouch of gunpowder strapped around their necks to then be lit and their faces burnt. The pouches were rather large...

Isn't that what the Roman emporer Nero do to Christians?

Tobacco as a product was approved as a plant export, however the idea of it being the basis for a smoking and addictive substance is a bit harder to incorporate on a PG-13 server. The closest we could come to in a medieval and yet not overly condemned substance was opium which has less negative connotations, thus my hesitation. I trusted the players to reflect it in a positive light, but with cigars and such as a foul trade item, I'd imagine that since they didn't even really enter the english language until what, 1730 that they would be unavailable in these times. Tobacco as a plant was known back in... what, the fifteen-hundreds I think, but again we have a very fragile distinction between the plant and the now heatedly contested product that a third of the known world uses and a fourth has severe medical problems resulting in the abuse of it.

Thus.... its very hard to approve as a commodity. And even as a general product, you're thinking forward into the industrial revolution where the point of which it could be a higher class general product. Refining and developing them alone would be incredibly hard to result in.

I suggested this idea quite a while back, denied, but I can see why. Currently smoking something wouldn't be as well thought to be, unless for perhaps medical purposes, or if maybe a important person desired to smoke something, which might not be seen as weird.
Also, this IS an alternate reality to ours, it might even be rejected by public, for religious purposes, social purposes, or even by superstition/class restriction of tobacco.

Must. Input. !
The fact that cultivation has been in practice for thousands of years wouldn't have much input on tobacco production, since most products of cultivation need to be prepared. Since you're complaining about how people are bringing too much "real life" concepts into the game, your mere statement of incorporating tobacco, a real world item is just defeating what you've stated, yes, the server in relation to real world time would be roughly 1500, the beginning of the culture movement or, the renaissance. Since the renaissance saw things we have in massivecraft, such as: A working banking system, economics, gunpowder and navigation (The ability to sail long distances) , this isn't for the first documentation of discovery of these. These are when they become a commodity or mainstream.

Back onto the topic now. Cigars, or any type of item that uses tobacco did not become mainstream or even used a little until right at the end of the Renaissance, the Ottoman empire had used tobacco before this as a commercial product, but it wasn't globalised until the Industrious movement of the 18th Century, so if cigars were added to the game it wouldn't be very accurate if you're trying to make it more "Earth Like" , why not make some sort of hallucinogenic item that is made from something in the game, RP it out and pretend to mix potion items grind them up or something, just as a substitute to something that isn't and possibly wont be in the game.

Excessive alcohol use can have an adverse effect very similar to any hallucinogenic item, it doesn't have to be specifically designed to be one, anything that can substitute a cigar would be fine.

It was discovered in the 16th century, not 1600. 16th century = 1500. 21th century = 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.