Archived Bring Back "recent Posts" On The Side Bar

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

BenRekt

Chopper Gunner
Reaction score
Faction
Magnanimus
While I'm farming those sweet ratings, might as well post some more ideas that I think most people would agree on...

The MassiveCraft forums used to have a tab on the the home page where it showed which posts had been most recently commented on, and it allowed people to easily see what new post was out there or what controversial topic the server was currently talking about. I personally believe that even though this was a small thing in the grand scheme of things, it has a huge impact on how often people participate on the forums. I believe re-adding this feature, if possible, would be highly beneficial to server growth and would once again allow players to see the newest posts that the forums have to offer, instead of having them go subforum to subforum looking for something interesting (ultimately losing their interest).

@Sevak @MonMarty @HeartAched @jquaile @morrc5 @DarShauwn @65jes89 @Tokugawryuu @AttackingApendix @spoonly

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
That's not the same thing at all though, this sidebar had all the most recent posts (not just yours) and it showed which posts had been made/commented on most recently.

The page you linked just shows me things I'm already following (my own posts, ratings I get, etc).
No? When I click that link I get to a page that shows the forum overall recent activity. I don't follow the lore discussions yet it's on that list, if it was recently commented.

No? When I click that link I get to a page that shows the forum overall recent activity. I don't follow the lore discussions yet it's on that list, if it was recently commented.
He means the sidebar on the home page that would say "Recent posts" and give you all threads that had been recently posted on, not including Off-Topic. What you're putting is somewhat different.

I want them back, but I don't know how. I'm usually the one tinkering with the forum setup but in reality I have no clue what I'm doing and I often just stumble from one problem into another. I have tried to fix it many times as have Cayorion and Gethelp but we have failed. I'm still frequently trying to bring it back, but I cannot. Setting this as Handled purely because it's already something I'm trying to do, just failing at it.

I want them back, but I don't know how. I'm usually the one tinkering with the forum setup but in reality I have no clue what I'm doing and I often just stumble from one problem into another. I have tried to fix it many times as have Cayorion and Gethelp but we have failed. I'm still frequently trying to bring it back, but I cannot. Setting this as Handled purely because it's already something I'm trying to do, just failing at it.
You go MonMarty, and good luck! :D

I didn't realize there was a demand for this!
Handled. Articles page might change up a bit for awhile, but we know the problem now.