Archived Armour Weight - Trait Related(suggestion)

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerrior

A lost Architect of an ancient Helvetican Empire
Reaction score
Many people disagree with the idea of weighted Minecraft Armour, however some don't see it the same way as others. What I am suggesting is that races have a set weight limit that restricts some races ability allowing players to be more unique with their selection. If a player pick heavier armour that out did his max weight, he was be slowed, thus saying if the player drank any speed potion their speed would increase to the normal sprinting speed(Going forward twice).
Examples for this is listed below:

Elf: Fragile but nimble being - Max Weight 20kg.

Iron Armour range: 3-24kg
etc

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
So just make most the races even more useless in PVP? You mainly see dwarfs, orcs and undead, all of which are sturdy races so thy can hold a lot of armour.

So just make most the races even more useless in PVP? You mainly see dwarfs, orcs and undead, all of which are sturdy races so thy can hold a lot of armour.

That may be true, But wearing a full set of diamond armour even on an orc would still be too much.

It's an interesting idea, but I think that pvp and RP (unfortunately) do not mix too well. Trying to integrate races even more into pvp than they already are is probably not too wise an idea.
I'm afraid I agree with Billy Rage here.

I played on a server that had a idea like this once, specific races couldn't wear some armors. People left minutes after joining when hearing about this. I just thought you should know.

I played on a server that had a idea like this once, specific races couldn't wear some armors. People left minutes after joining when hearing about this. I just thought you should know.

It's probably because people like society, doesn't want to change, doesn't like change and never will. However this isn't set to certain races. More so that each race can decide what to wear, such as a Human with no real benefical traits, wears leather chaps, iron helmet and cuirass and leather boots.

I don't think this would work very well. Those who distinctly want to pvp will find an optimal combination of armor pieces and race to maximize their efficiency, whereas those who lean more towards roleplay may suffer as a result if they have a 'weaker' race

That seems interesting and adaptable in many ways. It could be an excellent system if used efficiently.

It is uncommon to find those that are fluid-like in roleplaying and also a great pvper. The limit does not mean it cannot be exceeded but only benefical to stay within the limit; what one could call a reward for adapting to the boundaries. An Elf can wear a full suit of Diamond armour but going against the roleplay aspect of it, an Elf wouldn't normally wear heavy armour and vice versa for other races. If an Elf decides to wear Diamond armour, they can, nothing says they can't however it debuffs their movement speed making them an easier target. Drinking potions yes would speed them up but nothing special.

It is uncommon to find those that are fluid-like in roleplaying and also a great pvper. The limit does not mean it cannot be exceeded but only benefical to stay within the limit; what one could call a reward for adapting to the boundaries. An Elf can wear a full suit of Diamond armour but going against the roleplay aspect of it, an Elf wouldn't normally wear heavy armour and vice versa for other races. If an Elf decides to wear Diamond armour, they can, nothing says they can't however it debuffs their movement speed making them an easier target. Drinking potions yes would speed them up but nothing special.
You seem to miss my point. Those who focus on pvp will likely switch races to whatever becomes the best mix of pvp bonuses and armor limits. Thus, they will be maxed. However, those who focus on roleplay and are their character's race, will have lower limits. If they choose to wear diamond armor to match or more effectively resist the pvpers, then they would suffer in terms of movement speed. This being said, while your suggestion may be making armor more 'roleplay oriented', it isn't solving any pvp gaps, and might even increase those gaps

As someone mentioned before in a previous post like this, diamond armor while it is very strong would be lighter than iron armor, still heavy, just lighter.

Very true, I forgot about that video I seen one time on how much a Minecraft diamond is worth and durable. Gold Armour of course, would be the heaviest..

Status
Not open for further replies.