Archived Armor Stands

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenift

The Leader of the Great Nebula
Reaction score
While looking at my huge and enormous castle, i thought. How can i display all of my vote equipment? How can i show off to everyone about my richness? Then it hit me.
Armor Stands.
Tell me if i am wrong, but why on earth is this not implemented already?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Probably because it would be a mod instead of a plugin, as it would require a new item to be coded into the game. If you're talking about item frames, then yes, they already exist.

That mechanic , to my knowledge, would be quite hard to make, in MassiveCraft. But, it would be a great if they were to add it into the actual Minecraft game.

I will admit such a thing would be amazing to have. But having looked at the video there are several reasons why that specific plugin is not a good idea on MassiveCraft.

1. It requires giving players access to skeleton spawn eggs.
2. It would cause a huge amount of skeletons being active on the server and never de-spawning.
3. People would use the contraption as a training machine to train their mcmmo weapon skills.
4. Skeletons would also be subject to the /kill command which has been preformed in very rare cases of lag in some areas in the past and as such the gear the skeleton is wearing would drop off and most likely disappear.

As I stated, I would love for something like this to be possible so if anyone has any other plugin suggestions they would like to put forwards please do that so we might test its compatibility with MassiveCraft and its other plugins.

(Please not that this is not a promise in any way that any suggested plugin will be implemented, simply a suggestion. Nor does it mean that the suggested plugin would be tested on MassiveCraft itself.)

I will admit such a thing would be amazing to have. But having looked at the video there are several reasons why that specific plugin is not a good idea on MassiveCraft.

1. It requires giving players access to skeleton spawn eggs.
2. It would cause a huge amount of skeletons being active on the server and never de-spawning.
3. People would use the contraption as a training machine to train their mcmmo weapon skills.
4. Skeletons would also be subject to the /kill command which has been preformed in very rare cases of lag in some areas in the past and as such the gear the skeleton is wearing would drop off and most likely disappear.

As I stated, I would love for something like this to be possible so if anyone has any other plugin suggestions they would like to put forwards please do that so we might test its compatibility with MassiveCraft and its other plugins.

(Please not that this is not a promise in any way that any suggested plugin will be implemented, simply a suggestion. Nor does it mean that the suggested plugin would be tested on MassiveCraft itself.)

I don't believe that video showed a plugin, just a new feature using Skeletons.

If someone could figure out how to code it so you could just like... place armor on the ground as a solid block that would be great. But I have no idea how difficult that would be, nor do I dare to attempt it myself q_q

I don't believe that video showed a plugin, just a new feature using Skeletons.

My mistake :-) How 'bout another "pooneh" to make up for it? :-D
Lds5fLz.png

If someone could figure out how to code it so you could just like... place armor on the ground as a solid block that would be great. But I have no idea how difficult that would be, nor do I dare to attempt it myself q_q

That would be awesome if that was coded and added to MassiveCraft! But sadly I don't think it would work, in theory a crafting recipe could be made that will give a person 4 blocks that could be named (as an example) Armour stand. From there a person could place those blocks one on top of the other (the item would be something basic like sand or a non-valuable material) and right click with the armour in hand. You could make an event handler that when the block is clicked with armour in hand the block would be set to the armour that was used (relatively easy) and the item in hand would be set to null (again, easy) but the problem with that is I believe they would just drop like if you had broken the block. I can't be sure and there is the theory behind that sort of plugin but there is what I think would happen. If that wouldn't happen then I think it would be a great idea to add in

I have seen servers using HUMAN bases instead of skeletons. Human bades proof to be lag resistant and very accomadative towards other plugins.
If i am not wrong, it belonged to a plugin that also introduces guards. Npcs that roam the area and kill your enemies. Wouldnt guard be also cool :D.
But of all this, the armor stand is possible to be implemented. Althougth not worthy or cayorion's or any coders time.

I was wrong in that being the only theory behind it, as Xenift said it can be done with the Steve entity. It would actually be pretty hard to create as it would involve creating a Steve where the person that uses the command is. From there you still need to create Event Handlers to set Steve's armour and if it were to be implemented, his weapon to carry. Personally I don't think I could even have a shot at creating that plugin as it's pretty difficult. As for if it were created and implemented then it would mean people left and right creating Steve's and that would bring a problem, even if it were limited to Premiums or even one per premium. There would be Steve's everywhere. On the other hand it would look good in some builds around Regalia

Yeah guards that a faction could hire would be cool.
-spawn with armor (dont drop it)
-stand in place and remember that place after they chace an enemy so they can go back their.
-they watch your wall 24/7
-maibe have they say "used to be an adventurer like you once... then I took an arrow to the knee"

-stand in place and remember that place after they chace an enemy so they can go back their.
-maibe have they say "used to be an adventurer like you once... then I took an arrow to the knee"

I didn't think we're on the same page here. That could be done with a plugin like Citizens. What's being mentioned here are just Steve's that stand and look pretty while wearing armour. They don't move or anything, they are literally armour stands. Plus why would you make a guard say that? (I know, Skyirm)

I have seen servers using HUMAN bases instead of skeletons. Human bades proof to be lag resistant and very accomadative towards other plugins.
If i am not wrong, it belonged to a plugin that also introduces guards. Npcs that roam the area and kill your enemies. Wouldnt guard be also cool :D.
But of all this, the armor stand is possible to be implemented. Althougth not worthy or cayorion's or any coders time.

Any entity causes lag, whether it is players, mobs or items dropped on the floor. Everything causes lag to a certain extent. That is why when you have a huge amount of mobs, the game starts to lag. Test it if you like in single player. Put eggs in a dispenser attached to a redstone pulser. I can guarantee, after a little while you will start to lag.

Thought you wanted to know, taking an arrow to the knee means you are getting married.

Status
Not open for further replies.