Archived Armor Having "weight"?

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

favoured

Pink Fluffy Unicorn
Reaction score
Faction
Zion
I was listening to a classmate's project as school today on medieval armor, and he mentioned the fact that most armor weighed a LOT in medieval times. I was wondering if it is possible to make armor on Massivecraft give you a slowness effect. For example, leather and gold armor wouldn't have an effect on your movement, but iron and diamond armor would weigh you down by giving you a slowness effect. I think that it would add a bit more strategy into pvp, and at the very least be a nice gimmick on Massive.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I agree with this. Armor is armor, make iron and diamond the same weight. Leather the lightest with no effect, chainmail with little effect, and gold a little less then iron. (or same as chain.. cause gold gives very VERY little protection and breaks super easily)
Considering there is only speed 1 or 2, i hope it can be possible. there IS more possible slowness but that would be like impossiblly slow, otherwise, i like this idea.[DOUBLEPOST=1367522398,1367522284][/DOUBLEPOST]
IF a skilled coder (no cayorion, he's busy) would be around that'd take it up, we wouldn't even rely on sharding really. Sure, It would obviously have to be coded with implemented universe support from mcore, but that is doable.

For the Iron<-->Diamond question, I think they should be equal as heavy or diamond having a minatory higher wight.
Yea, but the diamond has still BETTER perks, because of it's good protection and sufficient durability. I would sorta like for the armor to be somewhat balanced out...

I was listening to a classmate's project as school today on medieval armor, and he mentioned the fact that most armor weighed a LOT in medieval times. I was wondering if it is possible to make armor on Massivecraft give you a slowness effect. For example, leather and gold armor wouldn't have an effect on your movement, but iron and diamond armor would weigh you down by giving you a slowness effect. I think that it would add a bit more strategy into pvp, and at the very least be a nice gimmick on Massive.

This is indeed possible and Ive played on rp servers with such a plugin and it was probably the most annoying thing ever. Every single robber, thief and other criminal got away with ridiculous ease from armored guards. The way I see it on this server there would be armored serious fighters and then random unarmored scrubs just running much faster around disarming and being basically unhittable.

So in general, rp shouldn't be forced on people. Maybe save this for Regalia only

Consider this: it can somewhat level out the playing feild for the fact I do not know a premium who wont wear diamond armour. I mean, diamond really helps in the long run, and anyone engaged in combat with iron vs. Diamond, will obviously know who has the advantage. Also, it is very good protection at the cost of a bit of mining and paying someone. Nearly no downsides but the labor. Vampire has bloodlust, you can get that speed back. I am somewhat on the slowness idea, but at the same time it does not seem good, for the fact in the first place some premiums buy their rank for the armour. The slowness can somewhat make them think otherwise if they do not plan on any other perks. Also, it would seem somewhat sad to die by someone in NO armour when you even had diamond because of their huge speed advantage. Annoying as it seems, i will also add it can perhaps encourage people to go yanar more, because the premium absorbes the damage, get healed BY the yanar, destroy anyone near them, providing a deadly combination, in case m2 seems overused, for those God apples *cough cough*
I've been a Yanar for most of my time on massive, and I can tell you that while I can heal people if I want to, it only heals a couple hearts for 4 roses, and it has a (very small) cooldown. I realize this was a small idea in your overall point, but I just wanted to point out that it would likely not have a huge impact on yanar population due to the healing. The only time I actually use the ability is for roleplaying, when I am using my skills as a healer. If I actually want to keep an ally alive during the fight, I'll just give them regen/health pots.

Bsavs, I do agree with you that this addition would be annoying, but I think the pros outweigh the cons. This would add more "strategy" into pvp. Armies would not just consist of heavily armored soldiers, but of "skirmishers" too, who have little to no armor and use their speed to harass the enemy or distract them while the real meat of their army advances. This would make it so someone just doesn't throw on a suit of enchanted diamond armor and go "welp, I'm pretty much invincible now!"

Golemlord. We need more people like you. Also, that skirmishers idea is really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.