Archived Allow Factions To Create Npc's

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CommanderCatbug

Drama Bug
Reaction score
I think it would be a really fun addition to the server to allow factions to make use of NPC's! Imagine your faction market having some NPC's that could actually buy and sell goods for you. Instead of a chest, a player could interact with an NPC that works exactly like a chest. Or maybe, in the larger factions, a few NPC's could be allocated as guards, which stand atop your tower walls and make your citizens feel protected. They could also serve to help members find certain popular areas, like the local tavern in a kingdom, or maybe a town cryer could stand in the faction square, and every minute or so, it would call out the message of the day to all those people nearby. Overall I think that this idea would bring factions to life!

I think that a strict limit should be put on the number of NPC's per faction. Maybe 1 or less even NPC per faction member. If there are too many then it could cause a lot of lag, so this number needs to be balanced to allow for maximum enjoyment with minimum lag. It may take some testing to figure out the ideal number.

I also think that this feature should be something that may only be accessible to Premium Members. Or, that certain elements of the feature should only be for premium members. For example, maybe premiums can spawn every type of villager, where non premiums can only spawn a default villager. Also, maybe premiums should be allowed to tell villagers to trade items, while non-premium members should only be allowed to give them messages to say.

There is a world of possibilities to this idea, and I really believe that having this idea implemented will make it a lot more fun to explore other factions, explore your own faction, and just play in the survival worlds in general! It could also be a healthy source of income for the server, as I think that a lot of players would pay for premium in order to make use of the feature, or extra elements to it.

Please let me know what you all think! I really want to get as much feedback as possible

Love,

A Local Catbug

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
While we appreciate the idea for new perks, there are many reasons this suggestion would not work.

1. We don't own the plugin which is used to create NPCs. As a result, any bugs, etc are not easily fixed by us or coded in to integrate with our plugins. What would happen to an NPC if a faction disbanded? What would happen if the land it was standing on unclaimed? If the player who owned it went inactive or changed factions? We would not be able to code anything to help coordinate these events as we do not own the plugin.
  2. The NPC plugin creates lag. As Gethelp mentioned previously, it uses a pretty decent bit of CPU power. If NPCs were added to factions, you could essentially say goodbye to /any/ non-laggy gameplay in the factions worlds.
  3. NPCs can easily cause a server to crash if used improperly or with the wrong command.
  4. MassiveMobs allows you to tame mobs and make them "friendly". You can name them whatever you want and station them wherever you want. We do own this plugin, it is already integrated, and can readily fix bugs with it.
In short, this idea is not a feasible one and Massivemobs can most likely replace just having creatures stationed at various places in the factions world.

While we appreciate the idea for new perks, there are many reasons this suggestion would not work.

1. We don't own the plugin which is used to create NPCs. As a result, any bugs, etc are not easily fixed by us or coded in to integrate with our plugins. What would happen to an NPC if a faction disbanded? What would happen if the land it was standing on unclaimed? If the player who owned it went inactive or changed factions? We would not be able to code anything to help coordinate these events as we do not own the plugin.
  2. The NPC plugin creates lag. As Gethelp mentioned previously, it uses a pretty decent bit of CPU power. If NPCs were added to factions, you could essentially say goodbye to /any/ non-laggy gameplay in the factions worlds.
  3. NPCs can easily cause a server to crash if used improperly or with the wrong command.
  4. MassiveMobs allows you to tame mobs and make them "friendly". You can name them whatever you want and station them wherever you want. We do own this plugin, it is already integrated, and can readily fix bugs with it.
In short, this idea is not a feasible one and Massivemobs can most likely replace just having creatures stationed at various places in the factions world.
snow golems...

can snow golems be tamed? Is it only mobs with name tags that can be tamed?

I think that was the conclusion that were reaching. That if implemented, players should be able to spawn a tamed pre-customized "MassiveMob" for a certain amount of regals. Ofcourse this would require a bit more coding, but you could allow for premiums to customize these mob names. Giving massivecraft another premium perk. Dunno what you think, but I think with a little work this could become a very activel used feature, it's definitely something I'd spend regals on.
@Game

I think that was the conclusion that were reaching. That if implemented, players should be able to spawn a tamed pre-customized "MassiveMob" for a certain amount of regals. Ofcourse this would require a bit more coding, but you could allow for premiums to customize these mob names. Giving massivecraft another premium perk. Dunno what you think, but I think with a little work this could become a very activel used feature, it's definitely something I'd spend regals on.
@Game
technically, we already have this in a sense. Anybody can tame a mob, but only prems could use tametags.

Status
Not open for further replies.