Archived Add More Faction Ranks. Please.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

TrolleyLedPanda

Citizen
Reaction score
Website
minecraft.net
I will keep this simple. Currently, there are four ranks; recruit, member, officer, and leader.
There must be more.
(Imagine Agent Smith to be new faction ranks)
Here's the plan; add two extra ranks into the system. Call them whatever you wish. There is so much utility in this suggestions I'd be up all night writing about it. If there are two extra ranks, then you can appoint greater officers to watch over lesser officers. You could also appoint a co-leader/regent that could rule while you are away or busy.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
And as of Monday afternoon they have 6 applicants to Tech and recruitment for said department is closed. So... maybe - just MAYBE - all our dreams will soon come true! :D
um.... Game department got 6 new aspirants and is closed for new hire right now... idk where u saw about tech.

Update:

Game staff recruitment is now closed as we currently have 6 aspirants, the largest number we have seen in game department history.

Current applications under review are still being considered, but we will accept no new applicants at this time.

@pokyug while this is relevant. We have to respect what has been said. That in the future, Factions will likely get reworked and things like the advances in /f access and the advances in ranks will be added potentially. But it wont happen yet.

Why isn't it being reworked? Factions is what this server revolves around, and according to the weekly changelogs. Tech staff did nothing from october 17th - November 6th.... So why not start working on bettering the factions pluggin?
Side Note - It would probably be best to rework it after the 1.11 update, then again I'm not sure.
I think its pretty clear WHY they didnt do too much. From what i understand, Madus and Ulumulu are both students. It is exam season, so understandably not a lot of work can get done with Massive from a tech perspective. On top of that, Ulumulu is developing MassiveMagic. And to overhaul the Factions plugin takes more than just Cayorion, who im sure also has stuff that he does outside of Massivecraft. Patience is absolutely necessary from the players at this point. Because do you know what is worse than having to wait? A rushed plugin that has tons of bugs and will take longer to fix, than it would have to give it more time

Why isn't it being reworked right now? Factions is what this server revolves around, and according to the weekly changelogs. Tech staff did nothing from october 17th - November 6th.... So why not start working on bettering the factions pluggin?
Side Note - It would probably be best to rework it after the 1.11 update, then again I'm not sure.

tech staff only get points when stuff is done. this does not mean they are not doing anything for the week

It's the reason Sollomon666 lost Tyberia forever, a faction he founded and led for three years straight. It would have been vastly better for him to have just set up a new rank and he could have just owned the faction. Instead somebody else has the 90k regals in the faction bank (a very large portion of which was his or given to him) and 200 players because he had to either micromanage everyday or give it to somebody else. How's that?

I like this idea but one thing sollomon left on his own will but going on to the thread Tyberia for example again has many titles that would fit in between member and officer also we have recruiters but we dont want them being full blown officers to claim chunks unclaim chunks @AttackingApendix but I reall like this idea

I've seen a LOT of people want another rank because of that. Like they want to have that extra rank to have different permissions. Or even a Co-Leader rank to guarantee promotion to leader if the leader times out