Archived A Rant About The Creative World, And How Useless It Is

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord_Aza

I actually work at a medieval castle nowadays!
Reaction score
Faction
Sochinja
Kingdom
None
Some time ago, I had this idea to get back into Massive by building an Isldar hold in creative, and maybe trying to host some light roleplay there. I begun by unclaiming two of my four plots, as I wanted to get a few that were connected to each other. I was hugely disappointed when I noticed I couldn't in fact claim anything, as apparently the plot limit had been reduced since I last played. Nobody had informed me, and there was no refund. Having already used one of my plots for a build, I couldn't really do anything. The one empty plot I still did have was ridiculously small, and I wouldn't even consider building on such a limited space. I know a large part of Massive's community doesn't care about creative, but us who do? This amount of limitation makes it unenjoyable. There's a lot of potential in here, and to me it seems like its being thrown straight into the trash. If you're still looking for new members for the world department, perhaps improving creative would encourage people to build more?

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Let's hope I get to build that Isldar hold some time soon..

@Staff

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
..And apparently that doesn't work anymore. If anyone knows the exact people I should tag, feel free to help.
Uhhhhhh I know things were split up into different staff groups, like LoreStaff and PRStaff, but I am not confident on which one you'd tag for this.
But I do see your point: Even though I am not a creative person, it really is kinda a shame that it's made this annoyingly hard for people to use the creative world: It pretty much just makes those that even are minorly interested discouraged because they can't claim what they want for their work, and walk away from it, making it a sort of self-fueling disintrest in it.

Is having a few friends or alts claiming additional plots and then merging those not an option to you? That is how I overcome the plot limit.

Is having a few friends or alts claiming additional plots and then merging those not an option to you? That is how I overcome the plot limit.
This tho ^^^ What you do basically is you have one person with premium claim 8 out of their 9.. then you claim the 9th in the square. And /plot merge making both of yall co-owners of the larger mixed plot

And if you have a larger group.. and nobody has premium.. just do this with each person claiming one and then /plot merge'ing

It isn't. I don't happen to have a large number of alts at my disposal, and using someone else's plots makes me unable to fully change the plot settings. Why should anyone have to put extra effort into "overcoming" these limits? Can't they just be raised to, say, 6 plots per user? Why would you even waste the server's space on a world one can only enjoy for such a limited time (unless using alts or whatever)?

It isn't. I don't happen to have a large number of alts at my disposal, and using someone else's plots makes me unable to fully change the plot settings. Why should anyone have to put extra effort into "overcoming" these limits? Can't they just be raised to, say, 6 plots per user? Why would you even waste the server's space on a world one can only enjoy for such a limited time (unless using alts or whatever)?
What do you mean for "such a limited time?"

Creative is the ONLY world that never times out. I can log out and not log in for the next 6 years and when i get back, provided nothing has changed, my plots will STILL be there

What do you mean for "such a limited time?"

Creative is the ONLY world that never times out. I can log out and not log in for the next 6 years and when i get back, provided nothing has changed, my plots will STILL be there

Building things is entertaining. When you run out of places to build on, the place stops being entertaining. Maybe that's why its one of the least populated places on the server?

Bro you just gotta get like, one, maybe two friends and you're pretty much retiring to Fiji

and if you have no friends, just recruit some plebes into ur faction and use their power as your powa

Bro you just gotta get like, one, maybe two friends and you're pretty much retiring to Fiji

and if you have no friends, just recruit some plebes into ur faction and use their power as your powa

You're missing the point, I know sharing plots is possible, but what if I just want to build? Like, on my own plots?

then you can? are you trying to make something incredibly and absurdly Massive?

Read the OP. I have two usable plots, and one of them is already full. What I had in mind is too large for one plot, but not really "incredibly and absurdly massive". All I wanted was two or three empty plots next to each other, but that seems to be too much to ask.

Read the OP. I have two usable plots, and one of them is already full. What I had in mind is too large for one plot, but not really "incredibly and absurdly massive". All I wanted was two or three empty plots next to each other, but that seems to be too much to ask.
bro if i have an extra you can have it

by "full" do you mean just the initial plot has been filled, or do you have layers underground that are being used. Because that's 60 or so extra levels of space.

ignoring that, there's always premium to get more plots. Yes, I know it costs money, but people exchange regals all the time for it.

by "full" do you mean just the initial plot has been filled, or do you have layers underground that are being used. Because that's 60 or so extra levels of space.

ignoring that, there's always premium to get more plots. Yes, I know it costs money, but people exchange regals all the time for it.

I don't have the money to buy it or the time to grind the Regals. Besides, paying to build in a game focused on building seems outright greedy.

Ya you can pay $8 once and get 9 plots.

Or not. I can just go to another server and get an infinite amount of 200x200 plots, but that's not the point. The point was to point out some faults in the creative world and hopefully have something done to them.

bro if i have an extra you can have it

I appreciate the gesture, but it'd still be your plot. I wouldn't be able to give people building rights or change the plot's settings.

Space is relative in usage. The world becomes impractically over claimed if we permit players to have too many plots (because why would anyone stick to 1 when they can have 4) which makes moving around in those plots utterly pointless.

I mean... We are always looking for money sinks. Perhaps having a one-time fee of say 500 regals for an additional plot, capped at 4 for non-premiums, could work? I have this issue too, where I want to make a larger build, but my plot is full.

I agree, why not just buy premium for a month, just a few dollars. Then grab 9 plots in a big square, and go crazy? If you like the server, which you must since you've been a member for more than 2 years, it seems like a good investment, not to mention all of the other premium perks. Personally, I build in creative all the time, there is a ton of space if you have 9 plots, so it was definitely worth it for me, honestly, having the extra building space was one of my motivating factors in buying premium.

I mean... We are always looking for money sinks. Perhaps having a one-time fee of say 500 regals for an additional plot, capped at 4 for non-premiums, could work? I have this issue too, where I want to make a larger build, but my plot is full.
They won't do this because money sinks hardly help the server in comparison to premium perks. As it is it's very difficult to come up with premium perk ideas that follow the rules set in place by Mojangs EULA. Putting a price on plots would make a lot less people use the plot world. Especially newcomers. The only features that should be used as money sinks are things that make game play significantly easier

Last edited:
Space is relative in usage. The world becomes impractically over claimed if we permit players to have too many plots (because why would anyone stick to 1 when they can have 4) which makes moving around in those plots utterly pointless.

Are you being serious? Look up any creative server, and you'll find plots likely twice as big as the ones we have, some with an unlimited amount. Again, being able to express yourself by building should be a basic right in Minecraft, not a perk you pay money for.

Are you being serious? Look up any creative server, and you'll find plots likely twice as big as the ones we have, some with an unlimited amount. Again, being able to express yourself by building should be a basic right in Minecraft, not a perk you pay money for.
Then play in singleplayer? Thats the minecraft you are speaking about. Now when you want to come on Massivecraft which has many more things to offer, you get 1 plot for free and 9 if you are premium

I dont understand the reasoning that "I dont want/cant pay, so it should be free"

Don't you be a premium and get more plots? I know about the no money thing I do to but really just save a bit of cash and just buy one to just for a month or weeks just to get that it's fine but yeah

Last edited:
That was a stance taken early on because we had to take /a/ stance. Creative was requested, we implemented it, but we had no experience with creative servers, so we just arbitrarily set a number that we considered decent.

There is no need for the whole "r u serious m8" It's really patronizing.

If you think you can make a suggestion on how to improve the creative universe while simultaneously addressing the various control concerns, you are welcome to start a constructive dialogue that is not filled with such hostile rhetoric.

I dont understand the reasoning that "I dont want/cant pay, so it should be free"

The reasoning is, this is just greedy.

Then play in singleplayer?

..Or take my business to a server that handles things better. I already do that, just wanted to help Massive improve with this so I could play here as well.

That was a stance taken early on because we had to take /a/ stance. Creative was requested, we implemented it, but we had no experience with creative servers, so we just arbitrarily set a number that we considered decent.

There is no need for the whole "r u serious m8" It's really patronizing.

If you think you can make a suggestion on how to improve the creative universe while simultaneously addressing the various control concerns, you are welcome to start a constructive dialogue that is not filled with such hostile rhetoric.

I tried to start a constructive dialogue, but you gave a fairly hostile response as well. But yeah, my apologies for patronizing. If you really care what I have to say I can give a few points that would improve the server's creative aspect in my opinion.
  • Worldedit is good. Not all servers allow everyone to use unlimited Worldedit. This should be advertised more, as it attracts people. It can also be turned into a voting perk if that's still allowed within the EULA.
  • Advertise the creative more in general. Its always pretty empty when I go there.
  • Increase the size and/or amount of plots people can claim. It will keep people entertained for a longer amount of time and I guarantee, won't be a waste of server space.

But here is the big question nobody is asking

What is Massive?

Massive is not really a creative server. In my opinion, creative on massive works better as a supplement for the other gamemodes rather than its own.

Because you are correct. Others servers have larger plots and other things that make them more appealing to players who just want creative

I dont know of a single player who says "i found massive because i was looking for a creative server"

What is Massive?

Massive is not really a creative server. In my opinion, creative on massive works better as a supplement for the other gamemodes rather than its own.

Because you are correct. Others servers have larger plots and other things that make them more appealing to players who just want creative

I dont know of a single player who says "i found massive because i was looking for a creative server"
I will add though, with all the Build Contests that are apparently coming up / have already started, it does feel like non-premiums have a bit of a disadvantage with the smaller workspace. But, eh, installing singleplayer World Edit isn't too hard either, so all your missing by doing it in singleplayer is Voxel Sniper.

What is Massive?

This is a completely irrelevant point. If we can provide a better creative server and pull players in with it, we should do it.

I don't know but this may be a good idea but it may make some players angry.... It's what some servers do at time to time sometimes in creative it sometimes get so laggy for some players aka me ((because I have a bad laptop anyway)) they do um what's called a whole restart so that's when the whole creative get a whole restart when they get rid of everything well not EVERYTHING like what's on the plots and what's in thre chest but they keep the plots I believe anyway I don't know if they do this on Massivecraft creative anyway yeah but they just like restart on the whole thingy because sure to the lag of it ((Aka me again because once again terrible laptop and can't get a new one)) anyway this MAY be a good idea or not but it may course some angry players but hey, lag is really bad xD so yeah just a idea it doesn't have to I'm just saying because yeah they do it like once a year or two I don't now really I haven't played a server in a LONG time besides this one

Firstly, Massivecraft is not a creative server, lmao. Don't expect too much from it.

Secondly, over-claiming could become an issue due to limited space.
In this screenshot I can already see that around one third to a half of the world is already claimed. If staff were to increase the claiming limit to 6 or whatever, the world would be claimed in a matter of days, making it difficult for other players who've yet to claim, well, claim. Extending the server to my knowledge would be either laggy for the server or would cost more, though, correct me if I'm wrong on this statement, I'm not exactly the most tech-savvy person on the internet.

Thirdly, what's wrong with @MonMarty 's suggestion to get friends to merge their plots with yours? It's not incredibly hard and I'm sure if you're going to be running a light roleplay, those who are interested will willingly lend you a plot. It's not really that hard. Putting in a little extra effort to ensure that players can build on plots doesn't take much time, it shouldn't be much of a hassle.

And lastly, man, how does this make the world useless? This just seems to be a problem that few are facing and isn't really reason enough for how 'useless' it is.

Firstly, Massivecraft is not a creative server, lmao. Don't expect too much from it.

This just seems like bad attitude to me.. If Massive isn't a creative server, why does it have a creative world? Why are there building competitions?

Secondly, over-claiming could become an issue due to limited space.
c829356356c6fb180b59d73a8bc0ad69-jpg.99024
In this screenshot I can already see that around one third to a half of the world is already claimed. If staff were to increase the claiming limit to 6 or whatever, the world would be claimed in a matter of days, making it difficult for other players who've yet to claim, well, claim. Extending the server to my knowledge would be either laggy for the server or would cost more, though, correct me if I'm wrong on this statement, I'm not exactly the most tech-savvy person on the internet.

Not really, not that many people play creative to begin with. If it got more popular, surely the world could be made larger?

Thirdly, what's wrong with @MonMarty 's suggestion to get friends to merge their plots with yours? It's not incredibly hard and I'm sure if you're going to be running a light roleplay, those who are interested will willingly lend you a plot. It's not really that hard. Putting in a little extra effort to ensure that players can build on plots doesn't take much time, it shouldn't be much of a hassle.

Its hard when most of my friends have already used up their plots. I might try to come up with something, but I don't know if one build is worth the effort. The next time I'd want to build something, I'd be facing the same problem.

And lastly, man, how does this make the world useless? This just seems to be a problem that few are facing and isn't really reason enough for how 'useless' it is.

It only makes the world useless for someone who has already filled their plots and want to build more - And share it with the community. I do have Worldedit for singleplayer, but I just find it boring not being able to share my builds with anyone.

This just seems like bad attitude to me.. If Massive isn't a creative server, why does it have a creative world? Why are there building competitions?
Massivecraft isn't a creative server. Massivecraft mainly focuses on factions and the roleplay world, whereas the creative server is merely an addition that was suggested by other players. Also, building competitions are a way to get the community involved with the server and provide a platform for entertainment and competition. The competition is most likely not going to boost the server's numbers.

Not really, not that many people play creative to begin with. If it got more popular, surely the world could be made larger?
Yes, but as Marty stated before, why would anyone stop claiming at one or two when they can have five or six? It's not a matter of increased traffic, but rather the people who already have plots claimed will claim more. And I agree, if the population were to increase, then yeah, I'm sure that the world will be given some much needed love and will be expanded upon. But for now, there's not much appeal towards the server. And I don't see the lack of appeal stemming from the lackluster plot size or the limited amount, since many plots are unused or rather baron.

Its hard when most of my friends have already used up their plots. I might try to come up with something, but I don't know if one build is worth the effort. The next time I'd want to build something, I'd be facing the same problem.
I can understand where you're coming from, so sure. I'll let you have this one.

It only makes the world useless for someone who has already filled their plots and want to build more - And share it with the community. I do have Worldedit for singleplayer, but I just find it boring not being able to share my builds with anyone.
I can understand how it makes it useless for you, but for the wider community, it's not really a problem. I see a lot of unused plots. And what's stopping you from building upwards? I know it may not be the most appealing solution, but there's not much I can do about it, and quite frankly, I've seen it done on many creative servers where space is limited.

@Saadboy can we end this now since it's already been explain enough and continue with this in a pm chat I'm not trying to be mean but yeah it's kinda been long enough I'm just saying so please don't take this like mean or in a wrong way I'm just trying to say something because this is been long enough tbh and One thing @Lord_Aza I know your pain with it but why you just build upwards it would look kinda cool and a lot of people would do it if they don't have the room, if your just that fussy then try something new like a new style and more it's all about having fun and sharing but room really you can build upwards

Once again don't take this the wrong way please I'm just saying something so it may help or not just please don't take this the wrong way or think I'm mean I'm just trying to help, thank you

@Saadboy can we end this now since it's already been explain enough and continue with this in a pm chat I'm not trying to be mean but yeah it's kinda been long enough I'm just saying so please don't take this like mean or in a wrong way I'm just trying to say something because this is been long enough tbh
This is a discussion, and I'm merely putting in my two cents. I don't see the need to continue this in PM, it seems to defeat the purpose. If the OP wanted to end this, he would've asked for a deletion of the thread or it to be locked.

One thing @Lord_Aza I know your pain with it but why you just build upwards it would look kinda cool and a lot of people would do it if they don't have the room, if your just that fussy then try something new like a new style and more it's all about having fun and sharing but room really you can build upwards
And this here seems rather hypocritical. You're telling me to stop since what I'm saying has already been explained or whatnot, yet you're simply rehashing what I just said a few minutes ago. So what is your end goal here? You seem you want to end this discussion yet you're simply adding more input to the discussion. I don't understand.

Also, putting a disclaimer like that doesn't really make it any better. It's the equivalent of saying "No offense", it doesn't do any justice.
And, genuinely in a discussion, there are two opposing ideals. No one is going to be mad at you if yours is different to theirs, well, some will but this discussion seems to be pretty civilized at the moment. So no need for it.

: ^ )

@Saadboyjust build upwards it would look kinda cool and a lot of people would do it if they don't have the room

I was looking to build a stronghold with an icy landscape around it, building upwards won't really help with that.

Thanks for all the input. I know the server is focused on roleplaying and faction. The thing is, roleplaying could have such a wider variety if people were encouraged to create their own environments in creative. Think of ships, airships or estates away from Regalia. I'm sure some members of the community would love to bring places like these to life if it was made a bit easier. Massive isn't a creative server, but with little effort it could become one. In my opinion, things should either be done well or left undone - The current creative world just sort of... is there. It certainly isn't on my list of the server's most "well done" things.

I was looking to build a stronghold with an icy landscape around it, building upwards won't really help with that.

Thanks for all the input. I know the server is focused on roleplaying and faction. The thing is, roleplaying could have such a wider variety if people were encouraged to create their own environments in creative. Think of ships, airships or estates away from Regalia. I'm sure some members of the community would love to bring places like these to life if it was made a bit easier. Massive isn't a creative server, but with little effort it could become one. In my opinion, things should either be done well or left undone - The current creative world just sort of... is there. It certainly isn't on my list of the server's most "well done" things.
I understand, mmhmm. What you're saying is fair, but logistically I'm not 100% certain it'd be possible. But hey, I'm an idiot, lmao. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.