Remove Block Statistics From Creative World

Discussion in 'Feature & Idea Discussion - Archive' started by Reaganism, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reaganism

Reaganism 40th President of the United States

A tiny little suggestion.

Block tracking works & functions perfectly well in the creative world (I am referring to the lil' counter that says how many blocks you broke with a specific item/block).

It does, however, have the issue with picking blocks. When middle-clicking block A, normal minecraft would automatically switch to block A in your toolbar if there is one there. If there is none, a block is added.

With block statistics though, each and every block with different statistics is treated as a different block.

That is to say, if you hold a block of wool in your hand, place a block of wool, break it and pick-block it, you'll get a second block of wool to your toolbar.

An easy fix would be to disable block statistics for the creative world. Don't think anybody ever wondered how many blocks they broke with their favourite building piece.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Zacatero

Zacatero Regalian High Lord

I agree this should happen, IF its possible to make it different by world, but you can always /clear inv while in creative to get rid of your creative inventory. Sometimes its just easier to start over

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CnocBride

CnocBride Former leader of Enigma.

I would actually prefer that a simple command is introduced to both creative and factions. Something along the lines of /clear statistics would be handy as you can't stack items that have the blocks broken statistic. For example, when I harvest my potatoes I often start harvesting the rest with the potatoes that I have harvested. This leads to some of the potatoes being unstackable. This is a very minor issue of mine and I don't mind if it is ever realeased but it would be something that would be welcomed, regardless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MokeDuck

MokeDuck Hail the duckfather!

Could we just get a toggle for it? Its so stupid unless you actually want it. Definitely shouldn't happen 24/7.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  5. Reaganism

Reaganism 40th President of the United States

That works all fine!

That wouldn't help creative. You can trash the blocks right now and use the fresh one. It just takes time and keeps messing up your toolbar, though.

6. CnocBride

Wait, /clearstat blocks removes the item block statistic. Didn't know that.

7. Conflee

Conflee Me an the bois at 3 am lookin for BEANS!

A way to toggle it off in general would be nice too. Its annoying as hell when your trying to build and break a block with a block without thinking.

• Educated Educated x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Genecide65

Genecide65 Mich

9. CnocBride

No need for this thread since the block statistic has been removed and is no longer added by default except to tools. Blocks that have the data before the update will still have this statistic but can be cleared with /clearstat blocks.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.