A Massivecraft Video Game: Now A Possibility!

I want in too. For writing and stuff.
It...it comes with all the graphics and tiles and stuff... You need a copy to work on it.
Does it have the right graphics and stuff though? Like, I'm asusming it's just generic fanatasy stuff. If so, might be nice to let people here make custom graphics that are more tailored to Aloria.

I want in too. For writing and stuff.

Does it have the right graphics and stuff though? Like, I'm asusming it's just generic fanatasy stuff. If so, might be nice to let people here make custom graphics that are more tailored to Aloria.
Yeah, I really wanna work on this. I have really minor experience in Java and Scratch, I can make art and I love writing and making fandoms. I wanted to make a video game or animation since I was reall young. Right now, animation/coding/Google people is my dream job.

Rpgmaker originally comes with classic medieval fantasy graphics, but you can also make your own and import them into the game.

For tilesets, you don't really need a copy of the game. One person with an RPGMaker engine is enough. So long as you have templates, you can make whatever you need and add them into the game should you so desire. That includes sprites, music, videos and pictures.

I'd also like to see this game take us where the server can't, Drowda and Gana-Isha and such. Not only locations but all the lore flowers and animals and stuff. Maybe even a working magic system (SHADOW MAGIC~)

GASP WE COULD HAVE CUTSCENES!
The storyline should be about somebody being new and coming to regalia for the first time, but then we have to do the emperors death poison mystery, or maybe just something like getting a job or starting a cafe.

Last edited:

There are ways to do that, plus animation effects you can use/make to create a shadow-like effect. If you know how to script it, it's possible.

Possible as well in either normal dialogue display or Visual Novel script. Some people create cutscenes with different programs and convert them into videos, that way it would import them into the RPG Maker engine. Then it plays when activated, sometimes automatically when first entering a scene.
I do think you guys should settle for a simple test story first before going any bigger.

There are ways to do that, plus animation effects you can use/make to create a shadow-like effect. If you know how to script it, it's possible.

Possible as well in either normal dialogue display or Visual Novel script. Some people create cutscenes with different programs and convert them into videos, that way it would import them into the RPG Maker engine. Then it plays when activated, sometimes automatically when first entering a scene.
I do think you guys should settle for a simple test story first before going any bigger.
Yeah. I don't even think you could do cutscenes. If you can, it probably takes ages. Also, shadow magic would just be the reasoning for fast travel.

Well, yeah. Even though my animation program kinda sucks, my dad has a really good one he uses for work.

Should we start a separate thread for this? Maybe even a social forums? Or continue here?
@Anyoneinterested

Yeah. I don't even think you could do cutscenes. If you can, it probably takes ages. Also, shadow magic would just be the reasoning for fast travel.

It would take long, true. But that depends on how you play it out. And you have a lot of control over it. It's pretty fun despite how long it could take.

It would take long, true. But that depends on how you play it out. And you have a lot of control over it. It's pretty fun despite how long it could take.
Not an amazing super detaileed cutscene in Batman, or Portal. One like a shadow of a person walking towards something, or maybe a punch when you defeat someone in combat.
Neh, I feel a social forums would be more organizable and such.
I can't make it, already used it for the Kitteh Klub. But maybe I could make a thread on it...

Well, shall I get the ball actually rolling…

How will this game work? Multiple quests and storylines or one main one? What will it be about? What skills can the player have?

And of course, what will the game be called?

How will this game work? Multiple quests and storylines or one main one? What will it be about? What skills can the player have?

It can be a free-roam RPG, made similar to Final Fantasy or Pokemon. I would recommend one main storyline, but have many different side quests and minor storylines throughout the game world. I'm still thinking on what the Main Story will be, which we can sort out in the Social Forum.
By Skills, do you mean like Magic and Combat, or skills like D&D?

It can be a free-roam RPG, made similar to Final Fantasy or Pokemon. I would recommend one main storyline, but have many different side quests and minor storylines throughout the game world. I'm still thinking on what the Main Story will be, which we can sort out in the Social Forum.
By Skills, do you mean like Magic and Combat, or skills like D&D?
We could do multiple saves of the map then put a bunch of different versions with different main chars and story lines with a few different maps. Like one's about a Void Invasion, one's the fight against Exist beasts in Drowda, etc.

We could do multiple saves of the map then put a bunch of different versions with different main chars and story lines with a few different maps. Like one's about a Void Invasion, one's the fight against Exist beasts in Drowda, etc.
Its possible to have the entire world of Aloria up for exploration in RPG Maker.

It'd probably be better to keep it simple. I'd actually prefer a limited world with only the necessary locations plus a bit more for exploration, but not like 90% blank space. I get the feeling this is the type of game where vast empty spaces to explore would not be a good thing.

It'd probably be better to keep it simple. I'd actually prefer a limited world with only the necessary locations plus a bit more for exploration, but not like 90% blank space. I get the feeling this is the type of game where vast empty spaces to explore would not be a good thing.
You know how open worlds have stuff to do throughout the map? Games like Fallout and Skyrim have done this well, with side quests and lore abound even outside their main locations.
However, I do understand that a map of the entire Aloria would perhaps be way too much work. So how about keeping it to the Archipelago?

You know how open worlds have stuff to do throughout the map? Games like Fallout and Skyrim have done this well, with side quests and lore abound even outside their main locations.
However, I do understand that a map of the entire Aloria would perhaps be way too much work. So how about keeping it to the Archipelago?
That depends on the plot. If you're fighting against the magic in Drowda, you won't be on the Archipelago.