Archived A Massivecraft Plugin Idea~ More Player Models.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FCCarnilord

Prince
Reaction score
Faction
Inactivity
Kingdom
Inactivity
Plugin has been implemented to Massivecraft.

Enjoy!
Now a while back, around 1.5, I was told about a mod that I really loved, called "More player models."
It enabled me to shrink my character's size, and for others to Enlargen themselves, like when jla129 had an orc model, making himself about 1.5 blocks wide, with a wide face and a larger overall appearance to his Character.
I suggest this idea, because not only would it look cool, but it really expands your character's visual appeal to others, making it more accurate of seeing a short, sweet little girl or a freakishly tall elf.

Advantages to this idea:
+More accurate appearance to others
+The original More player models plugin allows movement, such as "hugging", dancing, and even sitting down
+More accurate kind of prejudice to other players, like "Oh, that's probably a child" and "good God hes fat"
+People wont have to look at your intro for description of character
+You wont have to physically message someone if you are taller, and how "hulking" your "muscles" are.
+A somewhat better experience to the other players, being more realistic as they need to look up or down to see your face.

Disadvantages to the idea:
-Might be a pain to decide to work with other and newer plugins
-Does not benefit Pvp'ers in much of any way
-might be glitchy, POV might not fit the model.

What do you think of this?

Plugin link- http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/sit-and-lie-anywhere/

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I support this idea fully. It could add a lot more realism to our role-plays.

Does this just affect what's seen or does it actually change the hotbox size, eye/camera height, etc? Because if it's the latter, I feel that it could be glitched/exploited in various way. (Intrusion through one block holes or changing the height of doors for taller people, for example)

Otherwise, full support!

Actually, the MOD allows you to switch the CAMERA view, so if you are like a block and a half tall, the camera goes to where your head is. HOWEVER, your hitbox and physical size is still the same, allowing you to fit in 1x2 holes like the normal "steve" character size. The plugin just adds some of the basics.

If it has an auto install like recent optifine versions then sure.

If it has an auto install like recent optifine versions then sure.

๖ۣۜNot that simple.

๖ۣۜYou need to install the forge modloader for 1.6.4 first, then you drop the MPM into the Mod section of your .minecraft

๖ۣۜOnce you have done so, open the launcher, and select "Open profile". One of the profiles should be named Forge. Click that one, and then you are ready to go

I agree wholeheartedly with making the mod server compatible, perhaps then people will stop mistaking me as a male. :P
๖ۣۜAnd, sorry if I've done that... >.>

Does this just affect what's seen or does it actually change the hitbox size, eye/camera height, etc? Because if it's the latter, I feel that it could be glitched/exploited in various way. (Intrusion through one block holes or changing the height of doors for taller people, for example)

Otherwise, full support!
Just a visual effect, no change in hit boxes, etc. Can change the view height for a player to match the model, but this effect can be disabled.

Since it's a mod not a plugin won't everyone on the server have to download it...?

Since it's a mod not a plugin won't everyone on the server have to download it...?

No, If you want to experience MPM, as in change your model/see others, You need to install it. The plugin just allows people to see each other's models as well as adding /sit and the like. No mod required to play on the server.

Yendor sorry about this, but I don't entirely understand what you mean. So basically currently its not entirely compatible?
There is a possibility that it is not compatible. Vampires, for instance, uses particle effects, which may conflict with this mod, which also uses particle effects. The mod description states it is not compatible with other mods that use the Player API, but a quick search for Player API gave me too many conflicting possibilities to determine, so will have to test.

It may also not be sharding compatible, although I have one idea that might allow getting around this.

I will look into the compatibility issues, to the extent I can, given the large number of private plugins on MassiveCraft, as well as the options around lore compliant models. I will update this thread and present my results to Cayorion for his consideration.

We need more children in Massivecraft, thats all.. XD

There is a possibility that it is not compatible. Vampires, for instance, uses particle effects, which may conflict with this mod, which also uses particle effects. The mod description states it is not compatible with other mods that use the Player API, but a quick search for Player API gave me too many conflicting possibilities to determine, so will have to test.

It may also not be sharding compatible, although I have one idea that might allow getting around this.

I will look into the compatibility issues, to the extent I can, given the large number of private plugins on MassiveCraft, as well as the options around lore compliant models. I will update this thread and present my results to Cayorion for his consideration.

WAIT THIS ACTUALLY HAS A CHANCE TO BE ADDED?
Ohmegee :D

2013-11-06_18.47.05.png

Just my son's character and I hanging out in Regalia.

This level of support is already available using the mod. The problem is that the characters have to "meet" on a server with the plugin installed. For my family, I can just start a local server on my desktop and have them "meet" there. Once I have tested all the technical details, I will present to the team that providing a place on MassiveCraft to "meet" would be in the best interest of the server. Whether I suggest this place to "meet" be Regalia, or some other small world map, will depend on technical details.

I also realize it is likely that this mod and plugin will not yet be updated before the server moves to 1.7.2, so I expect, either that the installation will wait until that has happens, or that the plugin will be uninstalled until it is upgraded.

Yendor
Ah, I somewhat understand. I think a moreof small "ballroom" world where people can meet would be nice, or a sort of garden within the clouds seeming place, giving a sort of "dreamy" effect, As though foreshadowing that you are inside a dream showing you of one's existance.
But thank you very much for your support.
~stands on podium~
I'd like to thank my grandmother!
~wipes tear from eye~

I love this! I think the only problem is you have those god rpers who make themselfs look... well.. you know... godly...

Supported.

Also, in terms of people making themselves into ridiculous things with the options available, it would have to be a case of playing the ignore game. Which although irritating, is manageable; seeing as ignoring power-gamers and meta-gamers is a daily thing anyway.

snsparks then again, usually you can see most of those players right off the bat if you see a centaur.

I personally like this idea and support it but a downside is quite possibly making it easier to GodRP in the way of "Oh? He's attacking me? Well I'm bigger than him so he can't hurt me". Probably not the best description but I hope you understand regardless. Perhaps we can limit the use to approved RP introductions.

Now a while back, around 1.5, I was told about a mod that I really loved, called "More player models."
It enabled me to shrink my character's size, and for others to Enlargen themselves, like when jla129 had an orc model, making himself about 1.5 blocks wide, with a wide face and a larger overall appearance to his Character.
I suggest this idea, because not only would it look cool, but it really expands your character's visual appeal to others, making it more accurate of seeing a short, sweet little girl or a freakishly tall elf.

Advantages to this idea:
+More accurate appearance to others
+The original More player models plugin allows movement, such as "hugging", dancing, and even sitting down
+More accurate kind of prejudice to other players, like "Oh, that's probably a child" and "good God hes fat"
+People wont have to look at your intro for description of character
+You wont have to physically message someone if you are taller, and how "hulking" your "muscles" are.
+A somewhat better experience to the other players, being more realistic as they need to look up or down to see your face.

Disadvantages to the idea:
-Might be a pain to decide to work with other and newer plugins
-Does not benefit Pvp'ers in much of any way
-might be glitchy, POV might not fit the model.

What do you think of this?

Plugin link- http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/sit-and-lie-anywhere/
This has now been implemented in MassiveCraft. Have fun!

Tried is out at the tavern <333 Erma gawd i luv you ! :DDDD

Well, having just learnt about this, it looks like Galacticraft is gonna have to go! I got Massive to play!

Only problem, the lore has been destroyed with half horse/men. People running around with wings and such. Other than that, the plugin it awesome.
2013-11-12_09.35.24.png

Status
Not open for further replies.