Archived A Massivecraft Plugin Idea~ More Player Models.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FCCarnilord

Prince
Reaction score
Faction
Inactivity
Kingdom
Inactivity
Plugin has been implemented to Massivecraft.

Enjoy!
Now a while back, around 1.5, I was told about a mod that I really loved, called "More player models."
It enabled me to shrink my character's size, and for others to Enlargen themselves, like when jla129 had an orc model, making himself about 1.5 blocks wide, with a wide face and a larger overall appearance to his Character.
I suggest this idea, because not only would it look cool, but it really expands your character's visual appeal to others, making it more accurate of seeing a short, sweet little girl or a freakishly tall elf.

Advantages to this idea:
+More accurate appearance to others
+The original More player models plugin allows movement, such as "hugging", dancing, and even sitting down
+More accurate kind of prejudice to other players, like "Oh, that's probably a child" and "good God hes fat"
+People wont have to look at your intro for description of character
+You wont have to physically message someone if you are taller, and how "hulking" your "muscles" are.
+A somewhat better experience to the other players, being more realistic as they need to look up or down to see your face.

Disadvantages to the idea:
-Might be a pain to decide to work with other and newer plugins
-Does not benefit Pvp'ers in much of any way
-might be glitchy, POV might not fit the model.

What do you think of this?

Plugin link- http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/sit-and-lie-anywhere/

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Pardons major spelling mistakes, auto correct is evil.

I think this would be cool, but with how much plug-ins the server has at the moment, the plug-in may not be compatible with the server or the server players. I would recommend sending the link of the plug-in to a staff member so they can look over it.

I like this idea. It would be more realistic, since we could actually react upon the size of others. Also useful for all those random people who are roleplaying as itty bitty children, however annoying some are, so that other roleplayers realize this. I approve ;D

I support this idea. It really would make roleplay more realistic and make it easier for us all to distinguish races, gender, age and appearance. I don't really know how this could work server-side because I've only seen it work client-side...

This would be neat but they would have to reverse engineer it so they could continue to update and use it without having to rely on the original creators. Depending on how hard that is too do I'd like to see race specific character models. At the same time though it may be harder to make skins if everything isn't streamlined for newer players. People are inherently stupid.

Supported, this would be fantastic! It would be nice to just look at someone and see if they're a child, rather than ask. ((how old does your character look?)).

Yes! I would love for more player models to be added to MassiveCraft. It would make things so much more interesting and exciting. People will actually have an idea of the size of your character and will think twice before attacking you.

Now a while back, around 1.5, I was told about a mod that I really loved, called "More player models."
It enabled me to shrink my character's size, and for others to Enlargen themselves, like when @jla128 had an Prc model, making himself about 1.5 blocks wide, with a wide face and a larger overall appearance to his Character.
I suggest this idea, because not only would it look cool, but it really expands your character's visual appeal to others, making it more accurate of seeing a short, sweet little girl or a freakishly tall elf.

Advantages to this idea:
+More accurate appearance to others
+The original More player models plugin allows movement, such as "hugging", dancing, and even sitting down
+More accurate kind of prejudice to other players, like "Oh, that's probably a child" and "good God hes fat"
+People wont have to look at your intro for description of character
+You wont have to physically message someone if you are taller, and how "hulking" your "muscles" are.
+A somewhat better experience to the other players, being more realistic as they need to look up or down to see your face.

Disadvantages to the idea:
-Might be a pain to decide to work with other and newer plugins
-Does not benefit Pvp'ers in much of any way
-might be glitchy, POV might not fit the model.

What do you think of this?

๖ۣۜYou forgot an important detail.
All the plugins and such are updated,
However, MorePlayerModels 1.6.4 is not appearing to others whom have the mod because the server itself must have the plugin to show them off.
Add that onto the details, that is a bonus as to the list.
+1 Support, I hope this is installed soon!

I'd like to see race specific character models..

You bring up a very good point, but it has to be done with a good amount of other plugins at the same time too though.
Yes, there are race specific models, however they are not all set to par with Massivecraft races. It has snake skin, spider lower body half, orc size viewmodel, woman, elf, child, a good amount. However, I have not seen the V2 of the models yet.

You bring up a very good point, but it has to be done with a good amount of other plugins at the same time too though.
Yes, there are race specific models, however they are not all set to par with Massivecraft races. It has snake skin, spider lower body half, orc size viewmodel, woman, elf, child, a good amount. However, I have not seen the V2 of the models yet.

๖ۣۜI have, and I will say it is easy to make it look just like the races.

๖ۣۜYou can change the body scale to any % you like, so you can be much more detailed with your character, say he has long arms, alright, give yourself long arms. The race specific details you can find in body features as well. There are presets to make yourself automatically set to it's race 'size' though. You can also make your own aura, because there is a special Particle setting, and you can change it's colour at will!

๖ۣۜI have, and I will say it is easy to make it look just like the races.

๖ۣۜYou can change the body scale to any % you like, so you can be much more detailed with your character, say he has long arms, alright, give yourself long arms. The race specific details you can find in body features as well. There are presets to make yourself automatically set to it's race 'size' though. You can also make your own aura, because there is a special Particle setting, and you can change it's colour at will!

That is the More player models mod, I am not entirely sure about the plugin doing exactly what the mod does.

I think this would be cool, but with how much plug-ins the server has at the moment, the plug-in may not be compatible with the server or the server players. I would recommend sending the link of the plug-in to a staff member so they can look over it.
Link to the plugin is now in the original post, thank you for reminding me of that!

That is the More player models mod, I am not entirely sure about the plugin doing exactly what the mod does.

Link to the plugin is now in the original post, thank you for reminding me of that!

๖ۣۜThe plugin just makes it so other players can see you, sometimes mod or not...
Otherwise, the plugin doesn't really have much use.

๖ۣۜI still support it though, knowing as currently MPM needs the plugin for others to see you with it...

๖ۣۜI've been hobbling around at the size of a Hobbit and still no one noted me being small. xD

๖ۣۜThe plugin just makes it so other players can see you, sometimes mod or not...
Otherwise, the plugin doesn't really have much use.

๖ۣۜI still support it though, knowing as currently MPM needs the plugin for others to see you with it...

๖ۣۜI've been hobbling around at the size of a Hobbit and still no one noted me being small. xD

Actually it also allows players to use commands to let them sit, like /sit, or /hug and Etc, allowing players who ALSO DON'T HAVE the mod to still get the same effects.

It would be really nice to actually walk around and see right sized children and adults.

It would be really nice to actually walk around and see right sized children and adults.

๖ۣۜCountless times have people already asked "Why are you looking upwards?"
And I had to answer, "To look at you,"
Then they call me crazy and question if they're lagging up into the air again. >_>

This seems like a good idea. It is useless unless player use the More Player Models mod, however it does not require it. And it can't really be abused for pvp, because if you want to see people at their regular sizes all you have to do is disable to mod. It would be an excellent addition to roleplay it seems, and I hope Monmarty and Cayorian look at it. It would need a brief review on how to install the mod on the website, for those people who don't know anything about modding yet want to do this, but nearly anyone can do that. The greatest strength of this would be that it is a plugin that allows the mod to be useful, not a mod, therefore not turning Massivecraft into a modded server.

Yes! I would love for more player models to be added to MassiveCraft. It would make things so much more interesting and exciting. People will actually have an idea of the size of your character and will think twice before attacking you.
And I know the mod can give you a tail, or a snout and ways to look like a canin/felin or reptilian/amphibian/serpent. ..amongst other things

Cruallassar the plugin allows other to see the different viewmodels and character details, and allows other players to /hug, /sit etc.
The mod lets you create the character looks and effect, and is the real part.
The plugin is nearly the same, but no keybindings and no change of character. It does let others see yours if you have the mod though.

Cruallassar the plugin allows other to see the different viewmodels and character details, and allows other players to /hug, /sit etc.
The mod lets you create the character looks and effect, and is the real part.
The plugin is nearly the same, but no keybindings and no change of character. It does let others see yours if you have the mod though.

That part with people who do not have the mod seeing it, that is not what the website says. It says that others can only see the difference if they have the mod installed.

Hmm as much as people say you can't see the difference without the mod, i have noticed something. The /sit command already exists for chairs in massivecraft, and you can see the difference without a mod. If the same can be done for the other features of this plugin then i will support it. Honestly though, the best way this is going to even be considered is if the actual features do NOT require a mod to use/see.

would this efect people with crappy pc/laptops because if it dose i dont support it but if it dosent ill support

I used the More Players Models Mod when it was on version 1, and enjoyed it. With the recoding to version 2, the mod now requires a server to both have the Bukkit Plugin installed and for clients to have the mod installed. MassiveCraft has traditionally refused to install anything that required a client mod to function. In the notes on the plugin it also states that it is not compatible with other plugins that interact with the player API, so compatibility checks would have to be done. There is one caveat to this, if I understand the plugin discussions correctly. If two players have the mod installed, and have seen each other on a server with this plugin installed, the player model is stored and they will continue to see each other with their player models on other servers.

I used the More Players Models Mod when it was on version 1, and enjoyed it. With the recoding to version 2, the mod now requires a server to both have the Bukkit Plugin installed and for clients to have the mod installed. MassiveCraft has traditionally refused to install anything that required a client mod to function. In the notes on the plugin it also states that it is not compatible with other plugins that interact with the player API, so compatibility checks would have to be done. There is one caveat to this, if I understand the plugin discussions correctly. If two players have the mod installed, and have seen each other on a server with this plugin installed, the player model is stored and they will continue to see each other with their player models on other servers.
Short sweet answer ? Are you saying its too much effort... Or two complex to install, I'm up for downloading this mod, make it a server requirement, and who cares bout the model thingy it's cool

Supported.

I have had personal experience with this mod, since it was used on a roleplay server I used to be active on a long while ago. However, a major concern for me is the idea that, at least with the update, there are several models - such as centaur bodies - which are not lore compliant. There is also an option for wings, which; while useful for the new Avarr race, will likely lead to an increase in new players insisting they are angels/demons and the like. Having said that, if it can be made compliant with the other server side mods - which, to be honest, I am not entirely sure it is - I think it would definitely be very useful and immersive for the player base. I am also not a big fan of punishing the whole for the actions of a few, so while new players may be running rampant as the not-so-heavenly host, and although I think that this should indeed be a concern, I do not personally think it would be enough of a problem to negate the idea altogether. Frankly if we have survived the headphone- skin apocalypse, I am sure we can trudge on through the horse-butt regime too. As such, supported.

So, as a fan of MPM, and because everyone likes pictures, I thought I'd show what it's capable of.

For Reference
FQUPm8g.png

Elf Male Model
ECCT62h.png

Human Female
vPwXguq.png

Fun with Auras
3LDNTsX.png

And of course...Hangin' with Froodl (Plecy)
3Cq7gcL.png

Feykronos then again, you can also see who is following the lore within their roleplay. :)
Yendor sorry about this, but I don't entirely understand what you mean. So basically currently its not entirely compatible?

Short sweet answer ? Are you saying its too much effort... Or two complex to install, I'm up for downloading this mod, make it a server requirement, and who cares bout the model thingy it's cool

He means that Massivecraft does not use plugins that require a mod. Massivecraft does not and will never make any mod a server requirement. That is the nice thing about this one. It is not a required mod to get onto the server, that is what the plugin is for. The plugin allows the mod, but nothing else. That is why I support it, however with some edits. Also, quite a few people care about the "model thingy", it will need editing.

Just watched a tutorial on More Player Mods 2. Ermma maa gawdddd. (inlove) It is amazing. Gaspers.

I agree wholeheartedly with making the mod server compatible, perhaps then people will stop mistaking me as a male. :p

Does this just affect what's seen or does it actually change the hitbox size, eye/camera height, etc? Because if it's the latter, I feel that it could be glitched/exploited in various way. (Intrusion through one block holes or changing the height of doors for taller people, for example)

Otherwise, full support!

giphy.gif

YES I support this idea,
The Advantages to Roleplay are excellent, there may be lag, Yes. But Children can never be defined in this game, or the different heights of races. Unless massivecraft considered this plugin.

Status
Not open for further replies.