Xavier Aurelius- Character Application

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by SgtFrankoBolo, Sep 30, 2016.

1. SgtFrankoBolo

SgtFrankoBolo Setting beards on fire since 1932

Basic Information
    Full Name: Xavier Castro

Race: Daendroqean Ailor

Main Ambition: To become a well known, respected, and kind pupil. He intends to accomplish this by helping people out with various tasks. He would like to be known as a kind person by engaging in friendly conversations with his peers.

Birth Date: April 17, 278AC

Special Permission:
    N/A

Visual Information
    Eye Color: Dark Brown

Hair Color: Black

Hair Style: Xavier's hair is long and curly, with the exception of barely any hair near the bottom of his head.

Height:
    6'2

Weight: 195lbs

Body Build: Slightly muscular, with his upper body appearing to be a bit more muscular than his lower body.

Clothing: Dark blue over garment with a white undershirt, a brown strap coming across his chest, and gold colored epaulettes.

Weapon of choice: Xavier mostly uses his saber when fighting, though he prefers a Cutlass. He uses a Saber instead of a Cutlass because a Saber seems to be faster and more efficient though he likes the overall design and power of a Cutlass.

Personality Traits

Sarcastic: He is very sarcastic when he is speaking with people. When they often ask a question that seems ridiculous to ask, or when they get the answer to their question but don't know it, he often lets his sarcasm slip out. It tends to irritate people sometimes.

Obnoxious: He tends to be very obnoxious at times, sometimes annoying people. He often times makes them angry. This part of his personality has cost him some friends. It also seems to interfere with his passion of being known as a kind pupil.

Absent Minded: Sometimes, he daydreams. He tends to do it for a while, and people often have to tell him to snap out of it. He daydreams of what the coming events will be like, what certain people will act like if he tells them a certain thing, and so on. Sometimes, when he is asked for a favor, he drifts off and forgets all about the task when he is daydreaming. He mostly dreams about luxuries and food, and fun activities.

Persuasive: He has a great talent to swindle people. Sometimes, if he is late on something, he can easily persuade the person he owes into giving him more and more time. He can persuade shopkeepers and merchants into lowering prices for goods. He persuades people to let him borrow expensive items, loan some money, or even forget about past mishaps.

Cautious: When he isn't daydreaming, he is scanning around for any signs of trouble. He is alert many times, and checks his surroundings before doing anything rash. He also thinks about consequences before he acts. He thinks of what his friends will say, or how the public would react. He also has his guard up whenever he is doing a favor for a friend, or a task for a client.

Obedient: Xavier, even though he daydreams a lot, follows the orders of either a friend asking for a favor, his boss, or a client asking for a task to be done. He won't question their authority, and would respect high ranking authorities. However, he respects everyone he is lending a hand to or is working for. He can be a bit obnoxious at times, but when it comes to loyalty, he is very loyal to his superiors.

Strengths

Courageous: Xavier faces danger with great enthusiasm. Its not just danger, to. In fact, he faces everything with enthusiasm and that boosts the morale of his peers, as well.

Intelligent: Xavier is actually quite smart. He knows what to say, and knows what to do almost all the time whether he is in tight spots or in big arguments. He also knows how to operate various types of equipment.

Melee Combat: Xavier is very skilled in combat. His specialty is with swords and shields. His training mostly consisted of sword techniques and blocking techniques. he hasn't done much archery, and therefore renders him useless when it comes to bows and arrows.

Weaknesses
    Anxiety: Xavier worries a lot. If he gets in trouble, he starts worrying about the consequences and what will happen to him. Sometimes, he worries about what people who he isn't in a good relationship with will do. He worries about the future of civilization and what will happen if the Regalian Empire should ever fall.

Temper: A lot of times, when in a heated argument, he looses his temper and starts yelling. Its the same thing with combat. He looses his temper to opponents who wield big weapons or use small, dagger like weapons. The reason for this is that big weapons have more of a chance to do damage to his weapons, and he doesn't like the fact that they are slow but have a lot of power. He likes quick weapons that do a decent amount of damage. Small weapons, such as knives, daggers, and hatchets are quick but not as effective as one handed swords.

Left knee problems: His left knee tends to lock up sometimes. when it does, he can't bend his knee very well for a few minutes. this is due to a past leg injury.

Life Story

- Xavier Castro was born in a small town on the coast of Daendroc in 278AC. His father was Edward Castro and his mother was Lucy Castro. He wasn't born into a poor family, nor was he born into an extremely wealthy family. They made their living off of trading and fishing. When he was two, him and his parents took a small trip to Regalia to sell fish and other goods. They made a decent profit, and visited some places in the city. Xavier remembered some of the things he had seen, and wanted to come back to Regalia soon.

- When he was 14, Xavier's father started teaching him how to fight with swords, shields, and maces. He was also taught how to hunt in the wild. He learned the best way to sneak up on his prey and finish them. He learned how to skin and cook his game, and was taught to fish. His father showed him basic survival skills, like how to make a shelter, and how to start a fire. He was also taught how to swim. When he was 16, his town was raided by pirates. Him, his dad, and some of the townsfolk stopped the pirates when they came ashore and turned them away. Some houses closer to the beach were damaged, but it was nothing to serious. However, a pirate gave him a small scar on his right wrist when he was cut there. When he was 17, he fell off a tree when hunting, and sprained his left leg. For some reason, it still bugs him. By the time he turned 18, he knew how to swim, cook, fish, hunt, fight, and was decently educated by his mother. He started hunting and selling his game to locals and merchants to earn some money. He was making a decent amount of money, and was soon ready to move to Regalia.

-When Xavier was 24, he decided to come back to Regalia to live there. He liked it so much as a kid and couldn't stop thinking about it. Deep down however, he loved Daendroc more than Regalia, and was forced with a hard decision. He decided to stay in Regalia, for there is more opportunity there than in his small, coastal town. He currently lives happily in Regalia, meeting new people and making new friends.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    #1 SgtFrankoBolo, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  2. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

- Peer Review Incoming -
    Warning; No Salt Intended~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Basic and Visual Information;
    • For his race 'Ailor' isn't very specific, you should probably add what type of ailor such as northerne, daendroqean, ithanian, etc.
    • About his main ambition, what will he do to achieve his goals? Has he going to earn the respect from his peers? By being a guard? Helping them? Becoming well known?
    • Within his visualization, one thing i reccomend doing is adding hairstyle to it, is his hair slicked back, is it messy, etc.
    Traits;​
    • Now one big thing I reccomend doing is becoming more descriptive with each personality trait, strength, and weakness. Get more indepth with each one.
    • Add one more positive trait, because you are suppose to have six traits, not five.
    • Instead of 'Courages' put 'Courageous' or 'loyal' because the way you describe it makes it sound more so like loyal.
    • Also the trait 'Cautious' clashes with the weakness 'troublemaker', if you are cautious how are you a troublemaker? I reccomend changing that weakness to something else.
    Overall Review;
    Overall it is fairly well written besides a few bumps along the way however I reccomend adding a little more to your backstory and making it more so like a time line like putting 14 to 24 or whatever the age gap is.
    I wish you luck on getting your character approved though!

3. SgtFrankoBolo

Ok, I marked my edits in Red,
    but some I just wrote in regular color. Thank you for your thoughts and advice.

4. LumosJared

LumosJared Around

I am assigning this app to @Aespair

5. Aespair

Aespair Am I the only one here?

Let’s get riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight into the review!
    #ReviewAlert
    • There is no equivalent to Latin in our lore. Daendroque is a Spanish-like culture, so I recommend you change his name to a more Spanish-like name.
    • If he prefers a cutlass, why does he use a saber?
    • “Joker” is a positive trait, which means you have 4 positive traits and 2 negative traits. Please replace it with a negative one.
    • Add one sentence to obedient.
    • Please specify what type of combat he is skilled at, and rename the strength to that. You can’t have a blanket strength that makes him skilled in multiple categories while still having other strengths.
    • Why do small or big weapons make him angry?
    • Daendroque is the culture, Daendroc is the place.
    • What is his birthdate?
    Make the edits in red and tag me when you’re done.

6. SgtFrankoBolo

@Aespair
    I completed the edits to my application. If it requires any further editing, let me know.

7. Aespair

Aespair Am I the only one here?

Approved.