Archived Wulong And Chi'i Races. What I Think They Are.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

indyfan98

I'm not narcissistic. I'm just better than you.
Reaction score
a crappy hole in the ground, Pennsylvania.
Faction
ProudhammerClan
For those of you who haven't looked at the new lore page, first off, you should, and second, they added a LOT of new races. Most of which we know about already.

Upon scrolling down, I saw two new races called the Chi'i and the Wulong.

The Chi'i is a peaceful, seafaring race, while the Wulong are a powerful, war torn race.

Their names have a strong Asian vibe to them. However, I did a little research on the two races names. Yes, I went that far for two new races.

The Chi'i most likely get their name from the Chinese word, Qi. Hard to believe, but Qi is actually pronounced "Chee". In Chinese, Qi means a natural energy. Life forces. Forces like air, water, life. Qi is written as Chi'i sometimes as well. Qi is a form if karma. Yin and Yang is a common symbol that represents balance. Good and bad must be equal in the world. Balance must be achived.

I hardly find this a coincidence. Because of this, I believe the the Chi'i will have a religion focused around life and energy. Seeing as they are a peaceful race, this is very believable. Possibly they will have their ideology based off of the idea of balance. Also, Chinese ships are very famous. The Chinese were good merchants and sailors.

The Wulong is up next. Again, very Chinese'y sounding. However, Wulong also something in China. Wulong County is in southern China. Wulong County is known for its high cliffs. It is Wulong could also come from the Wulong Karst, the coast that Wulong County is located on.

The Wulong's culture may be inspired by the Mongols. The Mongols had a huge empire. Larger then the Roman Empire, actually. And they did not play nice to get that land. They had a "surrender or die" mentality. So naturally, a race based off of them would be violent.

These are just my ideas and what info I got five minutes of Google searching. If you guys have any ideas, or if I got anything wrong, feel free to leave a comment.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Mongolian "Empire". Mongolian, I attacked you so you must pretend to give 2 shits about me area, would describe it better I think.

As long as they aren't Animal-Races, I am a happy pappy. But if they are based on ethnic groups, I hope they aren't too cheesy.

As long as they aren't Animal-Races, I am a happy pappy. But if they are based on ethnic groups, I hope they aren't too cheesy.
Mmm, Cheese. But in all seriousness, I think they'll do just fine keeping them from being too cheesy. The avarr, urs, qadir, and thylains seem just fine so far. I think they'll do just fine.

If they actually based it off of Sun Wukong I'd be pretty dang happy

Preview

I pray they are not monkies, Pandas are more cute.

I as a macho adonis , would play either a Panda or a Sheep race.

Hey! Sun Wukong happens to be a Chinese monkey king, so technically it relates to this thread!

You were pretty spot on with the Chi'i, but assumed too much from geography in the case of the Wulong.

Wulong is a slight alteration from Wukong, or Sun Wukong, the monkey king from Chinese mythology. The race will be inspired by the myth.

-cups hand around mouth- CALLED IT!

So you're telling me, If I go around Regalia pants-less, I'm a monkey...
Are your feet hands? Give ne a high five with your feet and if its not weird I will give you the Billy Stamp of approved monkeys.

Are your feet hands? Give ne a high five with your feet and if its not weird I will give you the Billy Stamp of approved monkeys.

Though I reckon I could do that, Monkey's feet are in fact, Still feet. The difference? We don't need our feet to grab on trees and such like ''apparently'' we used to, they do - They are still, however, classified as feet.

Though I reckon I could do that, Monkey's feet are in fact, Still feet. The difference? We don't need our feet to grab on trees and such like ''apparently'' we used to, they do - They are still, however, classified as feet.
True, but they look more like hand then they do feet, also I think this thread is derailing.

Booo Wulongs! Those jerks have driven my people close to extinction with their brutal violence. Now that we have a Chi'i senator in Regalia we will see if we can put some pressure on the Wulong and end this stupid war once and for all.

There is more than one way to win a generational war!

Booo Wulongs! Those jerks have driven my people close to extinction with their brutal violence. Now that we have a Chi'i senator in Regalia we will see if we can put some pressure on the Wulong and end this stupid war once and for all.

There is more than one way to win a generational war!
So then, seeing as you are a senator and said you would be a Chi'i, I take it that they will be considered citizens?

Now all we need is a dove related race. Yes, dove. I said it and I will not take it back, I just really want a rac that can fly/glide ok! I am actually wondering what that'd look like now...

Howdy folks! Nice to see some interest in my people the Chi'i and our ruthless enemies the Wulong. Lore is currently being written for both races and should be available soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.