Wheres The Rum Gone?

Discussion in 'Player Stories' started by Altalar, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Altalar

Altalar has Rabies

[​IMG]
    Theme

Through the hazardous waves a fleet of ships continued to glide through the waters with ease, carrying with them a prisoner, trade goods and even a few treasure chests.

The smell of salt and sweat continued to linger through the air. Aboard the ship there would be men at various stations, fixing the masts and mopping the floors. A single glance at the ship and one could tell that a mixture of blood and time had been put into ensuring the ship remained in pristine condition as it became obvious that owner had no desire to be looked down upon whilst his craft so gallantly sailed across the seas. All its crew seemed to be male except for one- a closer look would reveal the presence of a bounded elven lass who’s legs remained chained to heavy steel canons forcing her to drag herself throughout the ship. Though this didn’t deter her from making her presence known aboard her captors ship.

“Sixty-Seven bottles of rum on the wall- you drink one down, pass it around Sixty-Six bottles of rum on the wall. Sixty-Six bottles of rum on the wall- you drink one down, pass it around Sixty-Five bottles of rum on the wall. Sixty-Five bottles of rum on the wall- you drink one down, pass it around Sixty-Four bottles of rum on the wall. Sixty-Four bottles of rum on the wall- you drink one down, pass it around Sixty-Three bottles of rum on the wall. Sixty-Three bottle-” It should be noted she started at one hundred bottles.

“Will you shut the fuck up!” Screamed one of the pestered guards

“Nawh! Is the Ailor mad at good old fashion sea shanty!” Esmerelda would call out whilst cackling maniacally to her own content.

“We should have fuckin’ bounded her mouth nae her legs!” Frustrated, the guard began his approach going to start fashioning a gag before being stopped by a sudden loud call.

“Let her keep running her mouth! I find her stupidity mildly amusing…” Beckoned the Captain of the ship, as he stepped down to examine his prize with less than good intentions.

She had been captive for what felt like years now- the ships taking their time to sail throughout different ports to trade their wares whilst leaving her chained aboard, her only friends being the rats and the occasional birds that flew down to perch upon the ship. Esmerelda took rest atop one of the barrels shouting out to one of the guards. “Oi then, where’s the rum gone?” to which she was met with nothing but silence. Her head turned to look down at the scurrying group of rats feeding upon some crumbs as she began to talk to them as if they could talk back to her. “Void- if I ever escape from here remind me never to bad mouth you lot.” Squeak Squeak “Well there's no need for that kind of language then.. I was giving you a compliment you inglorious bastard.” Squeak Squeak Squeak “Right- I apologise for the comments last night, I was a fair bit drunk- pst.. Mr Cheddar (Name of one of the rats) got a plan to escape then?” The rat looked up towards her for a few seconds only to then begin scurrying against the ship’s side before leaping across into one of the open cannon holes aboard the captain's spice ship “Mr Cheddar- you mad genius.. I’ll just steal one of their ships..”

As the days passed Esmerelda continued to plan her heist as she spent each day pulling at the screws that kept the chains around her legs bound until eventually she managed to gain enough wriggle room to pull her foot out if needed. Her patience and determination finally paid off as she heard word of the captain planning to dock the ships and invite all to a feast at one of the ports they were sailing towards.

Three days had passed before the time had come and they finally docked in Fara’deen. Esmerelda would be seated by a barrel watching the men exit the ship as they often pointed and laughed at her, this only fuelled the madness that raged within taking in a deep breath as she waited for nightfall to take place.

As the sun said goodbye to the world, the moon began her triumphant return into the sky, a widening grin slowly starting to appear upon Esmereldas face for now she could begin to execute her revenge.. “Mr Cheddars and family- I think it’s time for a little fun before we set sail!” With one heavy grunt.. SNAP! the chains that had bounded this once ferocious captain were now laying upon the ground, rising up she found herself first getting in a few good and well deserved stretches before she began to run below the decks where they kept their barrels of gunpowder, going to hoist one of them upon her back and start leading a trail throughout the ship, remembering to cross the planks between each docked ship and place separate barrels inside of them except for the one she was going to use upon her escape and the captains own ship.

“It’s not like I’m doing anything bad Mr Cheddar, they’re the bad people for holding me captive- I think i’m doing Aloria a favor by getting rid of these rodents!” Squeak! “Right sorry I meant roaches, my most humble apologies.” As hours passed Esmerelda was finished and thoroughly satisfied with the now ticking time bomb that she had planted for the crew to discover. He

aring footsteps from the dock begin to grow louder she would make haste grabbing as many of the rats as she could and tossing them onto the getaway ship which had already begun to drift away due to her undocking it. Kicking the plank of wood away which would prevent them from boarding the free ship. She made her way towards the middle of the ship beginning to climb toward the crows nest and look down upon the raging crew. As men soon began to climb towards her she would release her signature manic cackle leaping from the nest, cutting the rope on her way down as she used the momentum to swing herself aboard the sailing ship with ease coming to quite a tumble whilst still having a wide smile across her face.

But her mission wasn’t over just yet- As the men aboard the ships quickly made haste to chase after her she would turn her ship, humming to herself with a rat perched upon her shoulder- making her way down towards the lower deck, as she began to prepare the array of cannons, going to look at the on coming entourage of sails with excitement.

Soon Esmerleda began to sing aloud seemingly unnerved by their presence.
    “What will we do with a drunken sailor? What will we do with a drunken sailor?
    What will we do with a drunken sailor?
    Early in the morning!”

BANG!

The first cannon would fire, landing directly through the middle of the trade ship which without warning suddenly became a great big blazing ball of fire that soon began to spread across the sails of the remaining two ships that sailed beside it but not- the captain's ship itself. The screams of burning men could be heard as they were forced to abandon ship and dive into the waters below, attempting to avoid the falling debris. The grotesque scenery only seemed to delight Esmerelda as she began to laugh out loud (lol) before continuing to sing.
    “Way hay and up she rises
    Way hay and up she rises
    Way hay and up she rises
    Early in the morning!”

Taking a moment amidst the noise and chaos in front of her, she would begin to dance with the rats that continued to stare at the mad-struck elveness who only seemed to grow more and more amused as the time went on- the screams seemed to be drowned out by the fact she was singing aloud.
    “Shave his belly with a rusty razor
    Shave his belly with a rusty razor
    Shave his belly with a rusty razor
    Early in the morning!”

Allowing them the time to organise she would begin to emerge from the lower deck taking out the spyglass she had stolen from the captains quarters to stare directly at the only remaining ship as she could see the rage that burned in the captains eyes as he soon found himself with only his first mate… his crew and guards fearing for their lives all but abandoned the cocky captain and were on their way swimming towards the docks nearby. As he drew near she began to punish him with a few taunts growing bored of the empty silence.

“Oi! Do you have any sugar I could borrow? I think i’ve been mixing in salt with my tea!?”

“I will fucking kill you for what you’ve done!”

“All I asked was for sugar love! No need to get those pantaloons of yours all riled up!”
    “You’ll burn for this you little rat!”

“Woah! Where is all this negativity coming from then?! Do you wanna talk about it? Have a little tea time!?”

As the ship continued its warpath towards her she would casually begin to fiddle with her swords, taking the time to do a few stretches in front of their public view - Soon the distance between them grew closer Esmerelda began to form a widened grin across her face as she once more began to climb the crows nest, taking hold of the loosened rope she waited... As the meters grew closer she lept forth, swinging down with the rope as the two ships collided into each other she would release her grip flying into the air, withdrawing her blades letting them drag down across the sails tearing them in the process before she landed directly against the side of the ship releasing a grunt as she hit the ground. “Gosh you really do need to put some pillows around here you know? For softer landings!” Esmerelda began to cackle adjusting herself before she started running at full force towards the only two remaining passengers aboard the ship, her blades matching theirs with equal strength as she outmatched them both in size and knowledge. “You know what you are? A stain on this ocean- nothing more than pathetic Ailor’s who pretend to be better than everyone else simply because you took land that didn’t belong to you!” Blood soon began to litter the floor as the trio were stained head to toe in cuts and gashes with Esmerelda taking most of the damage.

Breathing heavily Esmerelda continued to fight, she would pay close attention to what was happening with the ship- for she was far more attentive to it than its owner.. The sounds of their blades clashing together were inadvertently drowning out the sound of the water that soon began to fill the ship from below. Though neither of the two in-front could notice the ‘sinking feeling’ she would use this to her advantage, maneuvering herself towards the back of the ship whilst the two remained in the middle catching their breath thinking to themselves that they now had cornered her into place all she could do was giggle mainically.

“What’s so fucking funny then?” The both of them shouted.
    “Because just like an invitation to a pool party- IT LOOKS LIKE YOU’RE GOING FOR A SWIM!” She called back through her laughing fit.

The two seemed visually confused by her words as Esmerelda took hold of the rope by the back end of the sails going to grip it firmly as suddenly the boat flipped forwards the fighting gave enough time and distraction to allow the water to rip through the front of the ship causing both the captain and first mate to plunge into the waters.With the sudden jolt forwards Esmerlda would be sent flying throughout the air once more, as she swung herself onto the now collapsing crows nest, running against it as if it were a plank. She would pause by the edge, inhaling deeply before taking a giant leap of faith towards the ship whilst the two watched below in anticipation that she’d miss and plunge into the waters..

As the elveness flew throughout the air she would just barely catch herself on the edge, going to hoist herself up and over the side of the ship, tumbling onto the deck releasing a well deserved sigh of relief, she would begin pulling herself upwards into a standing position whilst clutching her shoulder as she shuffled forwards her hand placed against the ship’s side listening to their remarks of her performance offering a slight chuckle.

“That’s got to be the best pirate i’ve ever seen..” Said the first mate with an overly enthusiastic tone.

“So it would seem..” the captain replied

With the fight over- and the victor decided Esmerelda marched with pride towards the wheel- taking hold of it with a grin now permanently spread across her face as she sailed into the unknown turning her head back down towards the assortment of rats that now littered her new ship. “It seems like it’s just us then fellas! Who’s up for a cheese night then?” cried the mad captain as she filled the air with her maniacal laughter.

(I haven't written in a while pls forgive me for how bad this is)

• Powerful Powerful x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #1 Altalar, Aug 3, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2020