Archived "we Can Not Get Out... They Are Coming." - Spawning

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattium_

Lord
Reaction score
"We cannot get out. A shadow lurks in the dark. We can not get out... they are coming."

It is so hard being a Dwarf in the mines. For 1, the only option to keep Zombies, Creepers, Spiders, Skeletons away, is to light the halls up with Torches every 9 blocks or so.

Now, A mines suppose to be dark; Especially a Dwarves, and So I have lighted up 'The Dragon's cavern' with some Red-stone Torches, to show the paths.
But.... But I do not want to light up everything, or else it will look like a Light Loving, Pointy Eared Elf, owns the Cavern - Which of course is not okay.

May we please, with a cherry on top - Either Remove the 'Mobs spawn in Faction's land'/ Expand the ability of red-stone lights, and other lights, so mobs can't spawn so close/ or create a command that can toggle the ability for mobs to spawn in Faction land. Actually, interesting enough, I was talking to a Mod a couple months ago about this ability. They were going to implement it, which is where I got the idea from, but I have never heard the outcome. Don't make me have to make a Dwarven Banner that states 'Save the Small People', Please.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I agree. It's annoying when you're just walking down the street and a creeper drops off the roof in front of you and blows up.

Actually i like the mobs spawning on faction land, for some factions its helpful especially for darkroom claim. I think being able to toggle mob spawn on and off would be best. I believe there is an admin command to set it, perhaps allowing factions to use it would be best?

If you think mob spawns in mine shafts is bad, you haven't seen the slums of WilderFend. Over the past week, there have been more casualties due to mobs than to the raids by Alamut. But I agree, it would be nice to be able to turn mob spawns on and off. but I do think that mobs should still be able to wander into faction land without despawing.

Actually i like the mobs spawning on faction land, for some factions its helpful especially for darkroom claim. I think being able to toggle mob spawn on and off would be best. I believe there is an admin command to set it, perhaps allowing factions to use it would be best?

perhaps a command like /f access that let anyone with permission toggle mob spawning per chunk of claimed land

How about if you place 4 diamond blocks on top of each other and in a square then use a command like /repel to stop mobs spawning inside that square.

If you think mob spawns in mine shafts is bad, you haven't seen the slums of WilderFend. Over the past week, there have been more casualties due to mobs than to the raids by Alamut. But I agree, it would be nice to be able to turn mob spawns on and off. but I do think that mobs should still be able to wander into faction land without despawing.

Mineshaft...Mineshaft?! I'm insulted Sir ;)

It usually doesn't bother me much but making mobs spawns toggle-able per plot and per faction would be wonderful

Thus a mineshaft :P

Remove the 'Mobs spawn in Faction's land'

I vote this. Creepers constantly knock the paintings and item frames off walls when you deal with them. Furthermore, I don't think we should have to fight creepers, giant spiders, fucking zombies, skeletal marksmen and pigmen within civilized land. Mobs spawning in fac land is an utter nuisance, does NOT enhance realism, and inhibits rp especially when you have to pause your rp to go cap a zombo in the skull.

I agree with this aswell, I'm roleplaying in my faction, tending to my daughter and out of no where a creeper blows me up... I was planting flowers with my daughter making the faction prettier, What is wrong with that? Nothing! I would love there to be a command like this. ^^

I vote this. Creepers constantly knock the paintings and item frames off walls when you deal with them. Furthermore, I don't think we should have to fight creepers, giant spiders, ****ing zombies, skeletal marksmen and pigmen within civilized land. Mobs spawning in fac land is an utter nuisance, does NOT enhance realism, and inhibits rp especially when you have to pause your rp to go cap a zombo in the skull.
Also, people that are trying to create a "dark" or "mysterious" mood when they are building a certain thing will always have mobs spawning in it and turning it into a dark room.

I vote for the enable/disable option. I build a great city, with high walls and strong gates. Build to keep the evil creatures out.... And for some reason they just continue to pop up within my walls. Its disruptive for rp, it is even more anoying during construction, and keeping them out by torching your base...:^)

well I think most of us would agree that this is an issue in need of fixing.:(

I agree with this aswell, I'm roleplaying in my faction, tending to my daughter and out of no where a creeper blows me up... I was planting flowers with my daughter making the faction prettier, What is wrong with that? Nothing! I would love there to be a command like this. ^^

Enable/disable. Some want loot from mobs I suppose, and fighting and training, but others don't. I personally don't, but lets be fair.

Gonna be honest but, I've never had a problem with mobs spawning in faction land..

I actually had to incorporate glowstone into the roofs of my desert houses to keep mobs off lol.

I believe that a toggle for spawns in faction land would be best. While I cannot vote for or against mob spawns in faction land, I agree that often it gets in the way of RP rather unnecessarily.

I used to live in the Kindred abode for a while... if you want hazardous and dark living quarters, there's no better place.

I find it odd how they float, but from a distance it looks pretttttttttty O.o

It's magiiiiiiiiic.... more specifically, the Golden Sand God "Hrisos Ramel". He makes the sand glow 'golden' and the mage-priests that make up about 10% the population (in roleplay) keep them floating. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.