Archived Walking Up One Block Heights

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

indyfan98

I'm not narcissistic. I'm just better than you.
Reaction score
a crappy hole in the ground, Pennsylvania.
Faction
ProudhammerClan
I'm sure many of you have played Minecraft Pocket Edition. In Pocket Edition, there is the ability to walk up one block heights. Now, I'm sure you know where I'm going with this. What if this was on Massivecraft? Hear me out.

When exploring the wilderness or even just Regalia's park, there are many hills you need to walk up. This requires jumping and jumping. Not only is this annoying, but it is also a strain on your hunger bar. This depleats your hunger very quickly.

Now, in roleplay, it makes no sense to be basically skipping up a hill when chasing someone. This would make for a much smoother transition. When you hit a block that is one block high, you'd walk up it. This would only apply to natural blocks like grass, sand, stone, etc. I feel that this would make going around a bit easier and require less food. It would add a sort of flow to gameplay and remove the jumping that, I feel, makes the gameplay feel choppy at times. It's not bad. It's just odd.

There could even be traits to go along with this. Things like:

Lethargic: Unable to walk up blocks. -25
Long Stride: Able to walk up two block heights. +75
Climber: Climb up blocks like bricks and cobblestone. +150 (Only an example. This sounds very op. Maybe it could cost two slots?)

Feel free to leave comments below. Please leave constructive criticism. No "This idea sucks! You suck!" Please feel free to leave any ideas you have or any questions. Thank you, and have a very Massive day!

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
i_love_it_horse_tomska_by_shadow_darkwolf-d72gdr5.jpg

i couple things.
1 i lke this idea
2 i have a combinaition of feedvegetation and feedwater, i never run out of food
3 you do realize that one block equal (plusminus) 1 meter? so in an rp light this wouldn' mmake sence

i couple things.
1 i lke this idea
2 i have a combinaition of feedvegetation and feedwater, i never run out of food
3 you do realize that one block equal (plusminus) 1 meter? so in an rp light this wouldn' mmake sence
That's why I mentioned having it only apply to natural blocks like sand and grass. They are supposed to be slopped.

Last edited:
Well first off hunger doesnt apply in regalia any more from what I understand. Second im neutral to this idea. Makes sense but then whats the point of adding stairs or half blocks?

Perhaps a better way would be for all of us to make a petition to Microsoft demanding half-slabs of grass and stair-grass blocks :P

But I do like the idea :)

Perhaps a better way would be for all of us to make a petition to Microsoft demanding half-slabs of grass and stair-grass blocks :P

But I do like the idea :)
Now thats an idea I like. Instead of making it seem like mountains are smoother we make the mountains be smoother.

Well first off hunger doesnt apply in regalia any more from what I understand. Second im neutral to this idea. Makes sense but then whats the point of adding stairs or half blocks?
I believe what he is saying, is that it'd only apply to natural blocks, like grass, dirt, etc.. Do to some natural things having slopes, that you could pretty easily walk up.

Mojang has done this before, but it messed up mountains making them look ugly, hence why they got rid of it.
Come now, Microsoft is much bigger than Mojang. I'm sure they could figure out a way not to screw that up. -looks at Windows 8- Ok, maybe after a few tries...

Come now, Microsoft is much bigger than Mojang. I'm sure they could figure out a way not to screw that up. -looks at Windows 8- Ok, maybe after a few tries...
Vista.

I think there's a mod that makes hills "smooth" where you can walk up 1 block without jumping? I've never used it before, but for some reason I remember mention of it somewhere.
Other than that, as long as you don't have a jump skill, walking up hills isn't that bad. Part of the Minecraft experience, in my opinion.
Going up hills made of snow slabs makes the screen sort of jumpy. It's nice when you know that your vision is going to change from an action that you did, like pressing the spacebar instead of running straight and going up "steps".

Ooeh, it would definitely improve things hunger-wise, I died of hunger chasing a friend in the mountains....

Vista.

I think there's a mod that makes hills "smooth" where you can walk up 1 block without jumping? I've never used it before, but for some reason I remember mention of it somewhere.
Other than that, as long as you don't have a jump skill, walking up hills isn't that bad. Part of the Minecraft experience, in my opinion.
Going up hills made of snow slabs makes the screen sort of jumpy. It's nice when you know that your vision is going to change from an action that you did, like pressing the spacebar instead of running straight and going up "steps".
I believe that mod isn't allowed on massive, as it gives an unfair PvP advantage over others.