Archived Void Holes

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Madus

Robot
Reaction score
So i came up with a lot of ideas lately. This is the first prepare for idea overload the next few days.

We all know traps, but with people immune to different things, you never know what works. That is good therefore void holes should be rare.

What i suggest is maybe 100 (or 1.000) holes to the void, in future worlds. I guess this is possible with TerrainControl (but i might be wrong). The 4 blocks above the lowest bedrock should be removed, so it is possible to find the holes (Mining lower makes bedrock annoy you all the time).
I mean holes in bedrock. To the void.
I think this could be fun because.
  • Traps that work against everyone
  • The location void holes are in could be sold. New thing to the economy
  • New (but rare) benefit to miners
  • Even new players can get them (if they mine a lot and are lucky)
If a world is 10.000 x 10.000, and there are 100 void holes.
1 out of 1.000.000 blocks (at bedrock level) would be a void hole
Very rare and problary less than 10 would be found, within the first year.
That is also why i think the few block above the bottom bedrock, should be removed. Else they are impossible to find. Players should also mine at lower levels to find these holes.

Say what you think.

and remember to have a nice day ;) (Should i use smileys more often?)

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
So i came up with a lot of ideas lately. This is the first prepare for idea overload the next few days.

We all know traps, but with people immune to different things, you never know what works. That is good therefore void holes should be rare.

What i suggest is maybe 100 (or 1.000) holes to the void, in future worlds. I guess this is possible with TerrainControl (but i might be wrong). The 4 blocks above the lowest bedrock should be removed, so it is possible to find the holes (Mining lower makes bedrock annoy you all the time).
I think this could be fun because.
  • Traps that work against everyone
  • The location void holes are in could be sold. New thing to the economy
  • New (but rare) benefit to miners
  • Even new players can get them (if they mine a lot and are lucky)
If a world is 10.000 x 10.000, and there are 100 void holes.
1 out of 1.000.000 blocks (at bedrock level) would be a void hole
Very rare and problary less than 10 would be found, within the first year.
That is also why i think the few block above the bottom bedrock, should be removed. Else they are impossible to find. Players should also mine at lower levels to find these holes.

Say what you think.

and remember to have a nice day ;) (Should i use smileys more often?)

When you say void holes do you then mean portals to the end?

Hm, I feel very neutral about this. I'll just wait for a smart staff member to walk by, and critic this.