Viggo Braggison

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by CritThis, Dec 25, 2021.

1. CritThis

CritThis CritThisss

Basic Character Info

• Full Name: Viggo Braggison

• Race: Maquixtl (Urlan Northclad)

• Sex/Gender: Male

• Pronouns: He/him

• Sexuality: Pansexual

• Eye Color: A Fiery Orange
    [​IMG]

Core Concept
    • Viggo has been through a lot and aims to provide as a pillar of strength for those who lack the physical power to push through life's hardest tasks. He is amiable and light hearted and wishes to constantly better himself on the battlefield and at home.

• Viggo Born into the icy islands of the Velheim with his mother and siblings. He helped provide for the family through his shepherding skills, developed a love for combat and smithing, and finally set off to attain knowledge at the academies set in Regalia. Eventually he had a life and his once Asha son turned him into an Urlan and now Viggo sets out to become a better father than ever.
    Proficiency Info:14/14 used

Strength: 7 (6+1 from Big Body 1)

• Duelist Pack
    • Frenzy Pack
    • Fisticuffs Pack
    • Pursuer Pack
    • Unyielding Pack
    • Breaker Pack
    • Shaker Pack (Big Body 3)
    Constitution: 6 (5+1 from Big Body 2)
    • Ironheart Pack (Big Body 3)
    • Block Pack
    • Bastion Pack
    • Metalurgy Craft Pack
    • Counterplay Pack
    • Recovery Pack
    Dexterity: 1
    • Prepared Pack

Wisdom: 1

• Mech-Suit Pack - From Artificer - (Specials: Mechpet Patent, and Hair-Chem Patent)
    Charisma: 1
    • Empire Linguist Pack

Ability Info:

Urlan Racials - ( https://wiki.massivecraft.com/Urlan )
    • Eternal Durability
    • Limb Recovery
    • Wild Training
    • Physical Prowess
    • Horned Mastery
    • Physical Mastery
    • Hide Mastery
    • Creation Particle
    • Beastmode
    • Hunt Sense
    • Sympath
    • Symbiosis
    • Wild Predator
    • Avoid Occult
    • Manifest Balance

Languages

• Common (Free)
    • Nyt (Birth Language)
    Empire linguistics Pack
    • Thalic
    • Calem
    • Etos
    • d'Ithanie
    • Saan
    • Lëtz
    • Dressalo
    • Fordic
    • Skodje
    • Daendroquin
    • Kriv
    • High-Anglian
    • Breizh
    • Altalar
    Appearance Information

• Viggo stands at a new 7'9 with a well defined Muscular body shape weighing in at about 427lbs. His eyes are a fiery orange and his hair is a cool jet black that is braided to his scalp with bushy eyebrows to boot and a platinum snout of a bison. They also wear almost exclusively Velheim attire despite being an Urlan seeing as the turning was recent.

• Life Story

• Childhood: Born in the Skags to Lina Darkryith Viggo did not fit with the locals as it was almost completely Ailor of Velheim nature or Url on the islands and surrounding Sea’s. Due to this his upbringing was vastly different when compared to most Maquixtl as he did not have the several mother figures and tribe heroes to nurture him and relied more on his siblings than his single mother who did everything she could to scrape by. This also resulted in much of the Avanthar taboos and laws not being taught to him and being ingrained within his mind.

• Adolescence: During his teen years he had more autonomy and used it to find a suitable form of self expression. The art he found was combat. He found very little more entertaining than squaring off against an opponent whether it be a spar or with intent to harm Viggo never shied away from a fight. Throughout this time two other hobbies were found to be to Viggo’s liking. Those being animal husbandry and smithing. When not fighting Viggo would often be found tending to a small herd of rams and goats, but on one fateful day Viggo stumbled upon a cavern which he less stumbled and more fell into but along the walls were old hieroglyphics that contained the knowledge of smithing from great dwarves of the past.

• Early Adulthood: Viggo in his early adulthood became the head of his family as he was able to support them through shepherding as well as defend them with relative ease. He spent this time honing his smithing skills to his mother’s disapproval but had become too fond of it to stop. He also took to his Velheim neighbors and bonded with a select few that were willing to teach of their culture and way of life. He used this as a way to fully connect to his place of birth, deciding to be Velheim first, Maquixtl second thus adopting the last name of his closest friend Braggison. Finally he decided that he was not yet satisfied in life and wished to further explore the world and decided to set his sights for regalia.

• What happened in Regalia: Viggo went through many ups and downs in life, mercenary work being the primary role in it. He even went so far as to having a criminal incident or two but all those things are behind him. He is a new man and his main goal in life is better himself so that he may call himself a good father and earn the respect of his son. (The OG flail man lives once more!)

• Reason for coming to Regalia: Viggo sought knowledge, power, and perhaps a rise in social status and thus came to Regalia and enrolled into their resident Colleges for General training and Diplomacy.

Azrael Daalsein - [9/1o] - I would wage a thousand wars, and breathe my final breath if it meant ye were happy.

Nilo - [9/10] - You are the craziest fucker I know. But you're my brother and I'd give my life for you if it made sure you were safe.

Taalgir - [9/10] - I love you with all my heart, even if you don't wish for it. I hope to see you go down a better path than I.

Faraine Virran - [8/10] - What we have is new and special. I hope to see it blossom.

Levi Braggison - [8/10] - I know that Bev has ferried ye off to Valhalla. May you live on through me.

Gabrielle von Schwarzkrau - [8/10] - You have always seen the good in me. You always have me to stand at your side.

Aldarein Daalsein - [7/10] - Your thunder echoes everywhere you go. I hope to keep learning from you.

Lisette Du Poncaire - [6/10] - I've had an interesting few days with you. I'm glad ye don't hate me.

Maia Ward - [5/10] - You are a kind soul who deserves a good life. Be well Sera Ward.

Amunora - [5/10] - I used to love ye but we were always on differing paths.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #1 CritThis, Dec 25, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
  2. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Claimed for staff review! Expect a reply shortly

3. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Howdy! Your app looks good for the most part, however there's some changes you need to make before I'm able to approve:
    • Schooling proficiencies no longer exist, and are simply included in the character's backstory. Go ahead and remove those investments.
    • Additionally, you have 2 extra races selected. You get Common for free and 1 based on upbringing, so Skodje. You'll need to remove Saan unless you invest the 3 points into linguistics to have all 3 languages.
    Go ahead and tag me once you've made those changes. Thank you!

4. CritThis

CritThis CritThisss

Hello! I've made all the changes necessary and hope that I may now be approved! Thanks for getting to my app so soon and Happy Holidays! @Yurs

#4 CritThis, Dec 25, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
  5. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Looks great! Happy holidays :3

APPROVED

6. CritThis

CritThis CritThisss

LETS GOOOO!!!!

7. CritThis

CritThis CritThisss

@Yurs I would like to add Superself 1 and Element Brand 2 to Viggo's arsenal seeing as he's just been taught how to perform this sorcery. Lmk when I'm good!

#7 CritThis, Dec 31, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
  8. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Looks good!

APPROVED

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  9. CritThis

CritThis CritThisss

Hey so sorry but I'd like to give swap viggo's combat proficiencies because spear and shield has not been working out too well in crp so I updated my character sheet again. Apologies again for updating it again so recently. @Yurs

10. CritThis

CritThis CritThisss

@Yurs I added 4 points into caster ranged, gave him Element Control 7 and made it so that Viggo has 8 left in fist combat lmk when that's all good.

#10 CritThis, Jan 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  11. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Looks good! I just need you to clarify a few things for me:
    • What plane is your character pulling their Sorcery from? Exist or Void?
    • These points are a bit min-maxed at the moment. With the amount of sorcery spells, and the one-track investment into combat, I'm reluctant to approve this app as is. I would recommend diversifying your points, as there very few flavor or aesthetic investments.
    If you'd like to discuss potential changes or get advice on your point spread please feel free to reach out via the Discord Ticket Bot or Forum DMs! Go ahead and tag me for another review when you're ready

12. CritThis

CritThis CritThisss

I edited my points to better highlight his knowledge of animals by giving him perception art as one would assume he would had to watch for roaming predators in order to protect his family's live stock. I also added vocal art running with the thought that he would remember and be able to hum the hymns he was taught by his dear friend who he takes his name after. I would still like to have the heavy focus of magic though if possible. The Magic is to cover up for his fatal flaw of being hyper close ranged and not having much defense at all without it. I also chose the Void because of his darker tendencies and current struggle with restraint which I think aligns with the Void best. @Yurs

#12 CritThis, Jan 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  13. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Looks good! I agree that the Void would align better with his outlook, so that's a good choice imo. The other prof investments are also good! Having a heavy magic investment is fine, especially now that he's got a few diverse skills too. All in all very nice direction

APPROVED

• Like Like x 1
  14. CritThis

CritThis CritThisss

@Yurs Heyo I'm having Viggo go down a darker crime path and just did a huge overhaul for his profs let me know if any changes need to be made for balancing I in essence was aiming for a tank and am more than happy to edit him for a just reason. Hope this finds you in good times! Thanks for what you do!

15. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Howdy! App looks great, love the new edits. There's just one change that needs to be shuffled around before I can accept:
    • Your sorcery list needs to be updated. Currently, you have 6 spells listed under the tab but only enough points invested for 3. Please go ahead and update this to match with your point-buy.
    Go ahead and tag me again once the edits have been made and I'll get this approved ASAP! Thank you ^^

16. CritThis

CritThis CritThisss

@Yurs Alright all done! Ty for getting back to me so fast!

17. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

APPROVED

• Like Like x 1
  18. CritThis

CritThis CritThisss

@Staff Roleplay Heyo! It's been a while but I'm bringing Viggo back and he's been Urlified and updated to the new prof system. Thank you for the work you do in advance!

#18 CritThis, Aug 5, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
  19. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main Supremium

Approved but do know that Urlan can't have mutations. You will have to remove this bit from when they were still Maquixtl. Becoming Urlan isn't a temporary arc. They are effectively no longer Maquixtl except in culture.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. CritThis

CritThis CritThisss

@Caelamus Heyo! Wanted to buff Viggo up in strength to make him more comparable to other Url in terms of power! Let me know if that's fine all I did was up strength!

#20 CritThis, Aug 15, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
  21. Caelamus

Approved but make sure you change the tag the next time that you need a re-review my dude.

• Like Like x 1
  22. CritThis

CritThis CritThisss

@Caelamus Heyo I swapped around some stuff with the loss of stealth pack and switched some strength packs around.

23. Caelamus

24. CritThis

CritThis CritThisss

@Caelamus Heyo fiddled around with the con prof's as to better fit the bruiser type. Let me know if it's sound!

25. Caelamus

Approved.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  26. CritThis

CritThis CritThisss

@Caelamus I moved some stuff around as to give Viggo some more wiggle room for stealthy, sneaky stuff! Lmk if it all checks out!

#26 CritThis, Sep 28, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
  27. Caelamus

"The Character may not have any Points invested in: Melee Combat Point Buy, Ranged Weapon Point Buy, Firearms Point Buy, Spell Point Buy, or Defensive Point Buy, unless they came as free Racials." You need to clarify which pack because both artificer and technician have this.

This character is clearly more tailored to combat related things. Just stick to those, beyond well, you can't have technician stuff.

28. CritThis

CritThis CritThisss

@Caelamus Oh shoot sorry the suit popped up under artificer so I assumed I could get it, I'm assuming that's not the case. To clarify I'm not trying to get the MechWalker but the suit.

29. Caelamus

They both have mech suit. Clarify which it's coming from.

30. CritThis

CritThis CritThisss

@Caelamus Alright everything should be in order now!

31. Caelamus

Approved.

32. CritThis

CritThis CritThisss

@Caelamus Just added Godborn since I thought it fit the character so well! Lmk if that checks out with you!

33. Caelamus

I think you should consider hard pivoting more into the character being full Velheim if you do. Godborn does not really make that much since in the context of a Half Maquixtl because the two people live a literal world's length apart from one another. Their half race status does not feel like it holds much relevancy from an outside perspective, I only really knew Viggo as being a velheim character. The only reason I knew otherwise was given the fact I was also your reviewer.

But I'll probably approve it regardless although I think you should consider lowering your expectations of what will come of it. There aren't a lot of Velheim to begin with and not a lot of them are super religious and there are probably going to be a lot of Velheim God born. This character being Urlan is very likely to overshadow the relevance of Godborn to them as well.

Just @ me with whatever you decide to do when you're done.

34. CritThis

CritThis CritThisss

@Caelamus I've decided to not make Viggo a Godborn and back away from that for now at least. That's all thank you again for not only the review but feedback. Viggo is Velheimer first but he cares very much for his Maquixtl culture and brethren and I'll make sure to make that more apparent!

35. Caelamus

Approved.

36. CritThis

CritThis CritThisss

@Caelamus Heyo just fixing Viggo up for the Urlan nerf, lmk when I'm good to go and ty for the time of day!

37. Caelamus

Approved.