Archived Vampire Blood Lust!

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brando

Refugee
Reaction score
I have only been on this server for a month, however I have heard a lot about the /v b command for vampires! I was also told that it is no longer a command that can be used. It sais that it will be re-enabled once you rebalance it. Now, I know the server Staff are VERY busy, and have a lot to do when they come on-line, but I would Love it if you really thought about what I'm going to say! I think that the command was way TOO op, from what I was told. However, I have some suggestion on what could be on the command "/v b" There could be Strength II, Speed III, and Jump III. That would be pretty fair I think, considering Vampires are Very weak to wood and "Special" water. And also, Hunger could drain in like a minute without feeding as it was before. And what fighting ability's do Vampires really have? I mean really, Jumping 2 blocks high allows them to escape, which would fall under the category as "defense" NOT offense! Plus, they are weak to wood, which is a Huge disadvantage, because everyone is able to get wood! I hope that the Server staff will take this in mind, and think about re-enabling the command "/v b" for Vampires. Thank you so VERY much for taking you very own time and reading this! [also, I put this in "off topic" because I didn't know which one it would go in!]

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Please leave a comment!! Thank you so much!
~bdg67

While I do find vampires are completely underpowered, I feel removing the weakness to wood would be a good balance.
Edit: Oh yes, by all means you 3 rate my post disagree without providing any explanation what so ever.

There've been a number of threads like this lately, and the general Idea I'm getting is that rebalancing bloodlust is not a priority, if it's even still on the todo list. I'd personally love to see bloodlust back, but I think Vampires (and the race plugin) are going to be undergoing some major changes in the future. We may have to wait until then for vampires to be a threat once more.

Thanks for commenting! I myself, understand that there are a lot of changes that need to be fixed before this however, It would be a nice "treat" for people to dwell on for some time before complaining about lag and other things.

Thing is, some people-like myself- wouldn't like that because it takes away from classic vampires (Dracula)

I honestly never understood the point of keeping Massive true to "classic vampires". Which also had Dracula become a dragon and control weather, and only lose his powers in the sunlight, not die. Rather, I prefer the lore to take vampires and make it's own spin on them. Which would make it unique rather than samey.

Correct me if i'm wrong but I think its been stated they will not be making any major changes with the MMCO races due to them working on a new custom race plug in thing.

I honestly never understood the point of keeping Massive true to "classic vampires". Which also had Dracula become a dragon and control weather, and only lose his powers in the sunlight, not die. Rather, I prefer the lore to take vampires and make it's own spin on them. Which would make it unique rather than samey.

Maybe there should be sub-types of vampires...not sub races since theyre not a race. Vampires with a wide variety of different abilities? I think that would add a 'massive' spin on the vampires o:

Im not saying that lore-wise they should remove stake through the heart as a weakness, I mean pvpwise...I mean really, you could be the best at pvp and be taken down by most wooden objects (even a boat) in battle. And it really dosnt make sense in pvp combat, back then wood was made to counter the incredibly OP Bloodlust, but now that Bloodlust is gone, it really isn't needed. I mean logically yes, a stake through the heart would kill someone...as opposed to a diamond sword through the heart which clearly cannot stab someone's heart (sarcasm) so that's what makes the pvp side of it not make any sense.
Lore-wise, its completely understandable to have stakes kill them, pvp-wise...not so much anymore. You can still say in the lore that they die with a stake through the heart and not have the gameplay effects.

As long as they don't sparkle im fine. XD

but yea if Massive had its own take on vamps i would think it would be really interesting.

Im not saying that lore-wise they should remove stake through the heart as a weakness, I mean pvpwise...I mean really, you could be the best at pvp and be taken down by most wooden objects (even a boat) in battle. And it really dosnt make sense in pvp combat, back then wood was made to counter the incredibly OP Bloodlust, but now that Bloodlust is gone, it really isn't needed. I mean logically yes, a stake through the heart would kill someone...as opposed to a diamond sword through the heart which clearly cannot stab someone's heart (sarcasm) so that's what makes the pvp side of it not make any sense.
Lore-wise, its completely understandable to have stakes kill them, pvp-wise...not so much anymore. You can still say in the lore that they die with a stake through the heart and not have the gameplay effects.

That would put a cannon divide between PVP and RP. Something the staff want to erase.

patrickdxs not really, think of it like this, some things have weaknesses in RP like mage's weakness to lapis, however is only RPd out, not placed into pvp. While im sure they will make mages have a weakness to it when the magic plug comes out, for now its only RP'd, It would be the same for stakes, im not saying it should stay that way, im saying it should be a temporary fix until something is really done about it.

Subtypes of vampires, YES
Bloodlust, NO
Burning in sun, To easy to kill them then or spot them

Bloodlust should defintly come back without the extra combat dmg! The sun is a HUGE disadvantage with all the debbufs you get. So reanable bloodlust would in my opinion balance it out.

TechPac said:

Yes.... but what about different strands of the disease? I mean, I hardly think we need to institute in more forms of vampirism besides the two we already have, but I don't think vampire subtypes are that "out there". Most viruses mutate and adapt, something that vampirism would most likely have in common. It is actually strikes me as a pretty cool idea, but it would require too much work.

Yes.... but what about different strands of the disease? I mean, I hardly think we need to institute in more forms of vampirism besides the two we already have, but I don't think vampire subtypes are that "out there". Most viruses mutate and adapt, something that vampirism would most likely have in common. It is actually strikes me as a pretty cool idea, but it would require too much work.

A curse doesn't change randomly. Even with our current lore a well known Curse wouldn't suddenly give the infected new powers or "strands" of the disease. That is what Vampirism is, a curse.

patrickdxs said:

Um, but we also just said it was a disease. Either it is just one, or it is both. When I replied to TechPac, I was referring to it as a disease since he called it a disease as well. I've found that there is a hole in the lore on what vampirism is. Many staff say it is a disease, others a curse. But when asked the specifics of a curse, they talk about it in terms of disease and say it is not related to magic. Therefore, because it has never been finalized on if vampirism is one or the other (or both), I assumed it is a disease in this case since Tech also called it a disease.

It is quite arbitrary as the disease/curse thing is basis of many arguments even though neither one has been said to be false.

Um, but we also just said it was a disease. Either it is just one, or it is both. When I replied to TechPac, I was referring to it as a disease since he called it a disease as well. I've found that there is a hole in the lore on what vampirism is. Many staff say it is a disease, others a curse. But when asked the specifics of a curse, they talk about it in terms of disease and say it is not related to magic. Therefore, because it has never been finalized on if vampirism is one or the other (or both), I assumed it is a disease in this case since Tech also called it a disease.

It is quite arbitrary as the disease/curse thing is basis of many arguments even though neither one has been said to be false.

The curse SPREADS like a disease. The thing is, the archdemon created it to siphon power from those who cached it, you know, with MAGIC. The curse spreads like a disease, but it is obviously magical in nature and it hasn't changed at all for a long LONG time. You can also get it off a altar that is made of magical objects, to me it is quite obvious that vampirism is first and foremost a Curse, that spreads much like a disease would.

patrickdxs said:

Correct, to a point. As I have said before, some staff are squeamish to relate it at all to magic as they don't want to open the door to further possibilities. Again, there are two sides to the coin and both are correct in a way.

I was simply pointing something out assuming that Tech and I were talking about the same set of standards.

There is a lot wrong with being a Vampire these days! I mean if a person really thought about what a vampire is, they would eventually come to the term along the lines of this > "A human with random ability's" Don't you think that if Blood Lust was added, it would define what a Vampire really is!?

There is a lot wrong with being a Vampire these days! I mean if a person really thought about what a vampire is, they would eventually come to the term along the lines of this > "A human with random ability's" Don't you think that if Blood Lust was added, it would define what a Vampire really is!?

Wouldn't bloodlust define vampires as "A human with really annoying random abilities"?

Well for one, I believe vampires do more damage at night. Also, they have a lot of benefits. As nice as it would be to have have bloodlust... They disabled god apples, correct? this is kind of that, just in an unlimited form, in which hitting your opponent would regenerate your hunger. So if you were fighting a guy in god armor, the fight might go on for quite some time, as well as having extreme advantages, being able to jump over and dodge your opponents attacks with little efforts. I mean who wants to be walking, possibly having fair mcmmo and good armor/ weapons/ etc. Then all the sudden you are being hit by a very fast and high jumping vampire? Maybe I am seeing this wrong, but I have to disagree. Yes vampires have more defensive skills, but they are meant to just be diseased/cursed humans. Humans have the ability to harvest more wood and wheat, they aren't like orcs or something. meaning I think the way they are matches up pretty well with the original race. Also, as for defining vampires more, not really. I mean all the races have random abilities in a sense, and how they are would be based off their primal abilities upon creation.

Well for one, I believe vampires do more damage at night. Also, they have a lot of benefits. As nice as it would be to have have bloodlust... They disabled god apples, correct? this is kind of that, just in an unlimited form, in which hitting your opponent would regenerate your hunger. So if you were fighting a guy in god armor, the fight might go on for quite some time, as well as having extreme advantages, being able to jump over and dodge your opponents attacks with little efforts. I mean who wants to be walking, possibly having fair mcmmo and good armor/ weapons/ etc. Then all the sudden you are being hit by a very fast and high jumping vampire? Maybe I am seeing this wrong, but I have to disagree. Yes vampires have more defensive skills, but they are meant to just be diseased/cursed humans. Humans have the ability to harvest more wood and wheat, they aren't like orcs or something. meaning I think the way they are matches up pretty well with the original race. Also, as for defining vampires more, not really. I mean all the races have random abilities in a sense, and how they are would be based off their primal abilities upon creation.

Vampires do not do more damage at night.

They need to add bloodlust back in, because I think the disadvantages outweigh the advantages withought bloodlust.

What does this have to do with hackers? They can fix the bugs when the re-enable it.

Fixing bugs is harder than you think. The plugin let Vampires FLY, which also means telling hackers apart from blood lusting vampires was impossible.

I heard a smoke trail was left behind vampires in order to tell them from hackers. Is this not true?

I heard a smoke trail was left behind vampires in order to tell them from hackers. Is this not true?

Again, not everyone has particals on, lots of false tickets. Again, there is lag from fighting with blood lust on, making PVP destroyed again.

patrickdxs It wasn't flying, at first it was, see here is how it happened. When the vampire pluggin was made, they gave them the ability to fly when holding a bone and right clicking, this lead to many hackers claiming to be vampires when they used fly hacks along with a whole mess of other problems, it was shortly removed and replaced with bloodlust, Bloodlust was the equivalent of having Speed IV as well as quadrupling the height of their jump. This came with a trail of smoke particles to make it so you could tell the difference between a hacker and a vampire, the issue with hacks and Bloodlust was due to Bloodlust glitching anti-hack plugins, not directly people hacking themselves.

patrickdxs It wasn't flying, at first it was, see here is how it happened. When the vampire pluggin was made, they gave them the ability to fly when holding a bone and right clicking, this lead to many hackers claiming to be vampires when they used fly hacks along with a whole mess of other problems, it was shortly removed and replaced with bloodlust, Bloodlust was the equivalent of having Speed IV as well as quadrupling the height of their jump. This came with a trail of smoke particles to make it so you could tell the difference between a hacker and a vampire, the issue with hacks and Bloodlust was due to Bloodlust glitching anti-hack plugins, not directly people hacking themselves.

Hmm, rumors have twisted the meanings then.

Is it true that bloodlust still lagged servers?

patrickdxs While I have heard that was the case, it wasn't from an actual mod, only they would have a true answer for you on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.