Archived Vampire Benefits (sub-type Idea Added)

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibiKitten

A.D.D at it's finest
Reaction score
Faction
Mithril
Kingdom
Mithrilian Empire
I would find it very interesting if dark alley ways were posted throughout Regalia. Maybe some tunnels too. This would allow vampires to behave and act more like a vampire by staying in the alley ways and tunnels near the tavern where most activity upholds. They wouldnt be away from civilization and I believe this would add much more excitement to the job of the Crimson. The Crimson could look in other places besides the tavern all the time it seems. I mean you gotta admit, constantly looking in the same place repeatedly has got to be boring after a while!

Anyone else have great ideas too? I believe that vampires are one of the most important things that truly make Regalia and MassiveCraft as interesting as it is!! After all its exciting to see both Crimson and Vampire neck and neck with each other!

Also! I would like to add the idea of vampires having possible sub-types! Vampires that have different abilities! Like for example those who jump 3 blocks instead of two, some faster then others, and so on. I believe there would be far more interest involved with vampires! Not only would a character wonder if someone was a vampire or not but if they DID find out then they would have to have their character wonder what kind of special sub-type vampire that person is and what ability the vampire holds. Instead of just going "Oh my gosh a blood sucker!" it could go along the lines of "Oh my gosh a speedster vampire!" or an aquatic vampire who could be faster in water then on land but not as fast as maiar. This was just something that came to mind and I wanted to know what everyone thinks of it, personally I think it'd be great and facinating!!

GhostyXbunny had said: For example, make the sub-type random. Like maybe someone runs faster, but cant jump as high or hit as hard or maybe even burns up faster.

^^^ She had put it into better words then I had explained. Thank you GhostXbunny C:

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I disagree with a lot of what you said. For one, any of these things will force more work onto the staff when they already have a character backlog and have at least three plugins they are putting on the todo list to code.

Ehh sorry, but you were more on track with the alley thing. If this is based off of my comment, please note that I wasn't actually too serious and was just pointing out fact. I don't think this would be implemented simply because of the focus on other more vital areas of the server.

I disagree with a lot of what you said. For one, any of these things will force more work onto the staff when they already have a character backlog and have at least three plugins they are putting on the todo list to code.

I'm not forcing anything on the staff, this is all optional to them. And it's not like they would HAVE to get it done right away IF they decided to do this. Again, its an idea suggestion, not a demanded idea..

Ehh sorry, but you were more on track with the alley thing. If this is based off of my comment, please note that I wasn't actually too serious and was just pointing out fact. I don't think this would be implemented simply because of the focus on other more vital areas of the server.

I just thought itd be nice get the idea of sub-types out there for some apparent reason or use far in the future. Yes I think it'd be interesting, but I do not expect sub-types to take off at all what so ever haha, like you said there are more vital areas on the server that need attending to. :)

Why in lore would these exist?
Some sort of connection from Baver, genetic mutations at birth, causing one to have a slight advantage or less of one in a different areas? If one were to do this, it would be something that you would have to nerf. As it would be easily taken advantage of. I mean, it could be rather op, and making a vampire have the potential to swim that fast would kill off any of the people who want to be maiars when t comes to survival. For example, make the sub-type random. Like maybe someone runs faster, but cant jump as high or hit as hard or maybe even burns up faster. Also if this were implemented, honestly you would think that maybe they would want to do this with every race. Of course, they are busy with so many projects right now, it would probably be a little much of something not really that necessary. Though vampires, or whatever else having a higher or lower ability in a specific skill may be more realistic.

Otherwise, I kind of think it is an interesting idea.

This is almost like a Twilight thing where vampires aren't all bad and they don't all slaughter humans for blood and they all have unique special abilities that correspond to humans' who have individuality, uniqueness and talents to each and everyone of us; that aspect humanizes vampires, making them seem more like humans with free will and thought instead of just mindless, minions of the Void/Mrs.Baver/Demoness/Etc who just sow terror through humans and chaos; with no purpose other then to cause ruin.

Some sort of connection from Baver, genetic mutations at birth, causing one to have a slight advantage or less of one in a different areas? If one were to do this, it would be something that you would have to nerf. As it would be easily taken advantage of. I mean, it could be rather op, and making a vampire have the potential to swim that fast would kill off any of the people who want to be maiars when t comes to survival. For example, make the sub-type random. Like maybe someone runs faster, but cant jump as high or hit as hard or maybe even burns up faster. Also if this were implemented, honestly you would think that maybe they would want to do this with every race. Of course, they are busy with so many projects right now, it would probably be a little much of something not really that necessary. Though vampires, or whatever else having a higher or lower ability in a specific skill may be more realistic.

Otherwise, I kind of think it is an interesting idea.

Thank you someone who got what I was trying to say! Yes that is what I meant by the dif abilitities and types of vampires, so theyre not all the same. I thought the staff would find interest in this as well, its not necessary at all for them to add it to the current projects that theyre currently doing. Theyre people not machines o.o;;

this is very interesting, and while I think that, I must also say that I believe something like this is already being worked on. From my understanding the future traits plugin will allow players to pull off something similar to this, but with all races and what-not. Through to be fair I've no idea if traits is being worked on or if my understanding is anywhere close to correct.

Adding anything to the Race plugin is a total waste of time in my opinion. As the superior traits plugin is in creation and will replace Races.

This is almost like a Twilight thing where vampires aren't all bad and they don't all slaughter humans for blood and they all have unique special abilities that correspond to humans' who have individuality, uniqueness and talents to each and everyone of us; that aspect humanizes vampires, making them seem more like humans with free will and thought instead of just mindless, minions of the Void/Mrs.Baver/Demoness/Etc who just sow terror through humans and chaos; with no purpose other then to cause ruin.

I never saw it from a Twilight point of view! O:

That's a BAD thing you know.

That I never saw it from a Twilight point of view? Frankly I wasnt thinking of Twilight when this idea came to mind. I do like Twilight though, it's a nice romance movie but has action and drama in it which is what I like in quite a few genres. Honestly Im not surprised that you wouldnt like it :P

Adding anything to the Race plugin is a total waste of time in my opinion. As the superior traits plugin is in creation and will replace Races.
Actually, you have a point really. I suppose it really matters on the players IG talents, more than lowering or raising stats randomly, though on a plain server without races, it would be cool if your player had random unique abilities. Though massive already has this. Want to swim fast? Be a maiar. Tank? Undead. As well as we don't really know all the new races skills. Plus its not like you cant be a different race but roleplay as something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.