An Essay On Vampire Rehabilitation

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by milkdudders_, May 12, 2020.

1. milkdudders_

milkdudders_ Refugee

{A short essay is posted on many noticeboards and, if possible, sent personally to guard commanders.}
    On The Vampire Menace
    An Essay by a Former Vampiress

Foreword
    One thing to note, despite my words against Sanguinism here, that I do not believe that vampires are, by necessity, bad people. The plague alters your mind, your thoughts, your morals. Someone who does not choose to be a Vampire is not, necessarily and unequivocally, an evil person. However, while infected with this disease, they become a bad person- unequivocally. No one is safe from Sanguinism unless we as a group fight its’ existence specifically.

Humane Treatment Leads to More Cured
    If Vampires were treated humanely prior to and after their curing, not as many would re-offend and return to Sanguinism. It is is like an addiction to Tabacca. It must be weaned and, after, be treated properly and with care. Torture prior and post curing MUST end.

I was once a Vampire. Curings were preceded by torture, and followed by more. It made me feel no love for the Regalian Government; only hatred and spite. Many other rehabilitated ex-Vampires felt the same way. While I am now an Archblood, and remain far from Sanguinism, many remain on the precipice of the disease returning. Feeling unable to protect yourself is the worst feeling many experience, and yet we almost push Vampires into returning to Sanguinism this way.

A Proposal for Rehabilitation Centres
    I, as a doctor and sanguinologist, propose one to three rehabilitation centres for Vampires around the city. Curings can be performed, safely and humanely, and away from the gaze of Guards; those who otherwise may elect to be cured, but fear maiming and execution can come to these clinics and be cured. After their curing, they can be given work, either at the clinic or with businesses working through the clinic.
    A place to sleep, work, and feel safe may be all these people need to return to non-Aberrancy and return to the Spirit. This writing is to gauge how the people of Regalia would see these rehabilitation centres for Vampires and perhaps Werebeasts. If the response is well, perhaps I shall personally run one or more of these facilities.

Conclusion
    Vampires are, while a menace and a plague, still people. Only humane treatment and rehabilitation will begin to cure the sanguine plague in our Holy City; nothing more, and nothing less. Cruel treatment by Guards only exacerbates the issue and causes fear and hatred of the Guard, even when cured. Kindness and charity will assist in reducing purposeful reinfection.
    Evil breeds evil.
    [​IMG]
    I retain anonymity only for my own safety.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Powerful Powerful x 2
  2. MippyMoo

MippyMoo Resident Sad Corpse Man

A notice is pinned underneath, hastily written. It went unsigned.

Becoming a vampire or werebeast does turn you into a “bad person”, by the morals of those uninfected, you’re right. However, you have to realize that they won’t come willingly; as a Sanguinologist, you too have to realize that they view their infections as positive? Something else would have to be imposed—a form of forcing them to come. Try again when you have that.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  3. FilicidalIdeals

FilicidalIdeals we're gonna go get married

Deldrax read the notice. "Beat them into submission force them to be cured, it's that simple, and always will be that simple."

• Educated Educated x 2
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  4. ZeeAtlas

ZeeAtlas Regalian Pioneer

A note would be pinned under the essay, a dark red mark being present on all four corners.

In big swooping, cursive letters made of what was hopefully red ink would lie the phrase:

"Your ignorance of the matter is the very reason you fail to convince others. Your weakness is evident, your mind is brittle."

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  5. milkdudders_

milkdudders_ Refugee

A reply in plain cursive is pinned beneath it. "I was a vampire for over forty years. Choke on it."

• Powerful Powerful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MrNoot1

MrNoot1 Let there be Noot

William Alexander sighed as he'd watch these arguments, in which he'd begin to comment from voice, instead of paper. "The Sanguine are demons and always will be. However, they were once people. Some once Alior. And some once Kathar. However, they are what they are now. They are demons. When I was cured, I didn't feel pity upon myself because of losing some /power/. I felt pity for losing my fiancé, the one who shared my pain beyond anyone else at the time. The torture of being cured is a reminder of what you did when you were a Sanguine, to allow yourself to change into a better man or woman. If you hate the /torture/ so badly, then don't become a Sanguine." He'd head off home with a sigh.

7. ArtisticPlanet

ArtisticPlanet Sigrid Sterke-enn

A certain werebeast looked over the notice with a slight chuff in agreement. “Aye, maybe then I won’t have to deal with so many.. though I don’t exactly trust these clinics will understand the beasts roaming about..” She nudged the tall kin next to her, wondering what she thought on the matter.

@Flishery

8. MidnightRey

MidnightRey Ruler of the Abyss

A Dark shadowy creature looked over the notice,
    "What of us born with this said "curse" and can't even be properly cured? We just turn back in three days and im not willing to go through the damned process every three days. It's likely all just a big trick."

#8 MidnightRey, May 12, 2020
    Last edited: May 12, 2020
  9. ThePear

ThePear Pear

A note was pinned under the essay it was written in plain cursive

I myself am a guard and I can confirm that, from my experience with dealing with Vampires and the various books I have read on the subject, that not one vampire will come to your rehabilitation centers willingly. However I have had many cases where the vampire, after they are cured, would just reinfect themselves. So what I recommend is that former vampires are forcefully brought to these centers after being cured. They will have to stay there till we know for a fact that they won’t reinfect themselves. The curse corrupts the mind and expecting them to willingly come to these centers is foolish.

The note was unsigned

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. FlossyBerryRene

FlossyBerryRene Meow!

In a blind rage the woman tore down and ripped any of these notices she could find, while keeping one of the notices in hand as she would deliver it. @Magivore

11. LotusTwist

LotusTwist Refugee

"What idiot would willingly rid themselves of the blessing, of eternal life, of eternal beauty!" The woman would take the flyer to add to her collection of flyers she has acquired over the years.

12. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

“Poor writer their heart and mind is in the right place but they don’t quite understand,” the man sighed writing something under the notices.

If such centers did exist, they would become the targets of anyone Sanguine, Werebeast, or other wise who wished to harm cure sanguine and the state. It is better to seek out those who wish to be cured and to treat them individually humanely then it is to gather them all in one place. Though I myself am not opposed to working at such a place should it ever exist.

(The Message is unsigned)

13. Azuralan

Azuralan sometimes I comeback & do things

"One forfeits their humanity when they find themselves infected with the parasitic entity. I personally believe we have been to soft on the voidspawne, we offer them a show of mercy and they perverse it with continued reinfection... brand those first infected and burn those who are found inflicted a second time."

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Caduceus_Clayy

Caduceus_Clayy "Something will be here"

Noted down was a letter written twice. Once in Common, another time in Sihndari. It said the following:
    Dear Unnamed Sanguinologist,
    As a member of multiple guard orders in my time in Regalia, as well as a former person living in Crookback (ages ago now), I have seen a bunch of sanguine, and while detailed knowledge is thin, I have learnt from my experience with them over a time, rather than having it studied and book learnt. While your kindness cannot be ignored, and must be commended, as you truly are attempting to bring people together for a Greater Good, it must be considered that the affliction causes infected to act irrationally, and as such they will commonly resist detainment, forcing a guard to generally take actions to defend themselves, or others, or be forced to work to knock the afflicted unconscious. Even if we try to act nicely, or generate new systems to cure them of their disease, it will not work due to the irrational thoughts in their mind that this curse brings on. If centres were to be created, they would attack them to free their "kin". I would love it to be as simple as you are suggesting, truly I would, but more often than not, violence is required to detain them as they do not wish to be cured and they will fight back. Now, if there were better systems and stratagems in place to cause those afflicted less harm in any combats that were to come along so that they could be cured, it would be better, however vampires aren't easily spotted by some, and as such their attacks cannot always be truly seen straight away, meaning another form of strategy might then be used, causing further harm. As a possible middle ground to all this however, is that rehabilitation centres could be constructed for those cured of the disease as, while the infection will not longer grant them dark powers, there will still be an element in their mind which must be watched carefully, so that they do not instantly then flee to get turned again, and such centres could offer them ease of mind while they go "cold turkey" of the disease for a while, if you catch my drift. Of course such centres would, most likely, need to be heavily guarded or watched by the guard forces in order to keep them protected from vampiric incursions, or at least such places would need to be near a guard-house, such as within Greygate, so that it would be even easier to defend, and so that if any of them flee, we can go after them and bring them back before the disease once more courses through their veins. Anyway, I am probably rambling, but basically while I love your ideas, and I understand they come from a place of pity, and of charity, I don't think they would work entirely due to the nature of everything.
    Signed
    Lyal'amna Mo'liria x x x