Upcoming Races: What We Know So Far

Discussion in 'Roleplay Discussion' started by indyfan98, Jun 22, 2020.

?

What do you think of my predictions?

1. They seem very plausible.

16.7%
  2. They are possible.

61.1%
  3. Maybe?

16.7%
  4. Probably not.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Definitely not!

5.6%
  1. indyfan98

indyfan98 I'm not narcissistic. I'm just better than you.

So, this summer looks like it'll be HUGE! What, with the release of Regalia V6, updates to every existing race, plus the addition of three new playable races (See Figure 1)! Needless to say, Summer 2020 is bound to be big. So, what will these three new playable races be? Well, I'm here to speculate. Along the way, I'll be including screenshots so that you all can see that my Bullsh!t Capacity Meter is always running at 0%.

Figure 1
    upload_2020-6-22_18-11-57.png

Race 1: The Maiar?

Ah, yes. I remember back in, what? 2013/2014 when the Maiar were released as a playable race. They went through several race redesigns, and have since been given the form we see today: Rapidly evolving fish people. They can be found on the wiki here under fauna. The Maiar were retired back in 2018 due to few players playing them, and the race being played as no more than orcs with more teeth. So, why do I think they are coming back? See Figure 2 below. The race will likely receive an overhaul. I speculate Regalia V6 will be designed with the Maiar in mind from the ground (seafloor?) up. They will probably release around the same time, as they were intended to release after an overhaul to Regalia V5's underwater.

Figure 2
    upload_2020-6-22_18-10-24.png

Race 2: Constructs?

The Qadir are a race of tinkerers. It was only a matter of time before they invented living machines. Or, at least, that how I think they'll work in-lore. Teased a few months ago during a special permission review session (See Figure 3), the "Open Construct" race will seemingly be a race of machines. I'd imagine they'd be open to a lot of interpretation for players, so I don't know what they will entail. So, speculate below.

Figure 3
    upload_2020-6-22_18-6-48.png

Race 3: Avians?

I am much less sure of these than Maiar and constructs, but I think these may be coming. Teased during a survey released on Oct0ber 26th, 2019 (See Figure 4), they will likely feature functional flight, as mentioned on the survey. However, the evidence for this is much less concrete than the other two races. I am curious how they would work. Would they be like Allar, and be able to take the form of any real-live avian? If so, that'd interfere with Sihai's Greater Dynasty, as they are owl-like. Also, Penguins would be hard to do, as they swim. Other flightless birds would also be a big question, like Moas, Dodos, Emus, Ostriches, Kiwis, etc. (but a Kiwi would be pretty cute...)

Figure 4
    upload_2020-6-22_18-34-32.png

So, what do you think? Comment below and let me know! Until then, that's just a theory. A Massive theory... Thanks for reading...

• Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Educated Educated x 1
  2. Doopelganger

Doopelganger Regalian Citizen

still waiting for ohnak to be released

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. HybrisVT

HybrisVT A totally serious person.

thank you for doing this detective work ;-; iappreciate

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. Luxus07

Luxus07 Draconic Mercenary

no neko catgirl race prediction 0/10

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  5. MippyMoo

MippyMoo Resident Sad Corpse Man

I knew about the first two, but not the avians! I would LOVE to see an open construct race, as I've ranted about before in the Discord's crackhead chat, with two possible types of construct: one that is built and functions fully on its own, building its own personality through the experiences around it (with multiple possibilities of how to process their emotions, opinions, and personality in and of themselves), and one that is the result of a person from another race deciding to put immortality/longevity over their own race, almost like the Url, and having their soul put into an ever-living construct. For both it would be hard for anyone to accept them as real people, and it would create all SORTS of cool roleplay.

And as @KirbyTheVampire told me:

6. Carcalla

Carcalla Resident Troll

In spec perm com, Finlaggan said they were writing a draft for maiar. A while back

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. leafnosedbat

leafnosedbat juice thought. Supremium

I'm glad to see the construct race implemented, but boy has this been a long development time.
    golemimg.jpg

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. indyfan98

indyfan98 I'm not narcissistic. I'm just better than you.

Indeed... I remember them

9. GoodDreamer

GoodDreamer The Regalian Nuke

I know that the Isldar had the in-lore ability to make golems via their understanding of the soul rivers in a previous update. It could be that.

• Educated Educated x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. ZiggyStarDusted

ZiggyStarDusted *lute music stops*

I feel like golems if they come into existence should just be sort of NPC ones like you have in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt that are more like defensive shells that look after locations.

11. Arhbi

Arhbi Peacemaker

I regret to inform you that we have actually decided to become a Pixar: Cars roleplay server.

[​IMG]

• Powerful Powerful x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Luxus07

Luxus07 Draconic Mercenary

you can't regret destiny

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Kachicka

• Powerful Powerful x 1