Archived Trapdoors In Regalia

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireFan96

A miserable little pile of secrets
Staff member
Lore
Reaction score
Faction
Drachovia
Short and simple suggestion: Could the addition of trapdoors (wood and iron) be considered to be re-added to regalia? I'm not sure how largely they impact the tps, but from what I can tell, they are just treated as normal blocks by minecraft, and as a result wouldn't create entity lag.

I think a lot of build potential could come from these blocks being added. They are already used in staff builds around the server to make beautiful structures, so why not add them to the types of blocks players can use?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I also think water should be re-added for amazing water like rents. I also ran into the problem of chests too.

I also think water should be re-added for amazing water like rents. I also ran into the problem of chests too.
Chests were removed because they do cause lag, as anyone can tell going to market. You're best solution for storage is either using the droppers or joining/making a vault faction. My vault is 11 chunks and runs me 3r a day for upkeep, which is very easy to manage.

Water has the potential to be abused in a lot of ways. They can push blocks, and flood regions. Nothing would be more annoying than walking in regalia only to notice the street flooded because some guy decided to turn his first floor into a pool. While I can say a few people can benefit from the water addition, the potential for massive grief and annoyances is too high for me.

I agree with FireFan, Since Trapdoors would be very nice to have, Especially for decorating, Now it would be awesome if they also Add water, But I do see how This could use for Grief and is it is probably better if they didn't. And With chest it does Cause lag, i know that for sure. But it would be way cool if they can Re-Make droppers Look like something which does store stuff, Like Barrels or sonething of the sorts

But it would be way cool if they can Re-Make droppers Look like something which does store stuff, Like Barrels or sonething of the sorts
The issue with this is droppers / dispensers only have one unique texture to each of them: the front. The top, bottom, and other sides all use the same texture, which is also shared with Furnaces if I am not mistaken. So making them barrels would screw with Furnaces. Also builders use the texture for some builds.

STILL there are plugins that add Barrels. Would be a cool addition if that is possible but thats a little off topic.

On the actual topic: Yea I 100% support this idea. They dont cause any more lag than a door would, and they have a ton of uses for detailing and making chairs, shelves, window shutters, etc.

I'm not sure how largely they impact the tps, but from what I can tell, they are just treated as normal blocks by minecraft, and as a result wouldn't create entity lag.

They aren't entities but still cause FPS drops. We have done external and internal research based on data provided by youtubers who just fill maps with blocks and report FPS changes, and Trapdoors were on the drop off. They aren't exactly entities, but for some reason the render engine renders them along with entities, so the same FPS related problems occur and as such this suggestion will not be accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.