Archived Traits Feedback

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

BenRekt

Chopper Gunner
Reaction score
Faction
Magnanimus
Hello,

To begin this post, I would just like to say that the staff have always done a great job in fixing bugs and glitches, especially in a timely and quick manner that I believe most of us can (and do) appreciate. The main idea of this post, as you may be able to guess from the title is about the trait system, and since this is the feedback sub-forum, this is mostly going to be my opinion on it. Once again, I would like to state that is my opinion, but I will also provide facts as well to back up my mindset.

The idea and implementation of the traits system is by far the most unique thing I have seen on any Minecraft server with no-mods required to play. It is creative, unique and offers some outstanding gameplay that players cannot find anywhere else. There is one thing hindering the traits system from being even greater than it already is, and these are the bugs and glitches that have come from it's implementation. As far as I can tell, PvP is greatly suffering from the bugs and glitches that the traits system has introduced to the community. At the moment, certain combinations of traits will deal random amounts of damage, randomly heal you, and do other effects that have nothing to do with the traits applied. I constantly see examples of this when I PvP, taking sometimes half of my health in full protection 4 armor just from one single hit.

I respectfully believe that the traits system is in need of fixing, which might entail temporary removal or replacement with the old race system, at least until these bugs and glitches are sorted out and fixed unless the bugs / glitches are going to be patched in the immediate future.

I would appreciate that those that disagree with what I have stated here also provide proof to support their claim, or at least a reason to why they find fault with my ideology.

Respectfully,
Ben

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Something I see all of you saying is that you want traits removed. I understand if you believe it's too buggy and glitchy and want it gone, I really do. But I would say take this into consideration. You guys are our testers. You tell us what's wrong with the plugin. To date I haven't seen one comment that list in bullets the issues (somebody might have posted some of them, but we need as many of them as possible, with as much info as possible, how to recreate it, etc) If we remove the plugin, and Cayorion fixes some of the issues, and then re-adds, you guys will only say there are still issues and to remove it again.

So I encourage whoever deems themselves knowledgable enough with the "bugs and glitches" to create a joint PVP google document that list them all. Include a summary of what is happening for each glitch, all your traits you have on when it happens, and any other effects such as strength potions.

822d78dcf32a4979619f4a139123646e.png

10 Crit on desert_eagle98 from this video
i can tell my traits build to staff if u want to check if its bugged

Sooo is the sharp 3 axe glitch even real or is it just a trait glitch?

I dont see how that is an mcmmo glitch when NO other servers With mcmmo has it..

So yeah. About this. It's been approximately a month, still no major changes to traits.

I'll just leave this here....