Town Crier Announces The Death Of The Emperor

Discussion in 'Progression Events' started by MonMarty, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

With the constant ringing of the Cathedral bells in the background, the scent of incense all around the city, and the movements of troops trough the streets, the news is announced trough criers: The Emperor has died.

After having been bedridden for many years after increasingly failing health, his Holy Imperial Highness has passed in the morning of 24th seeding 302 AC. Justinian II d'Ivrae had no legal heirs, all his sons had died years before him, and he had no other children. His brother Prince Charles died many years earlier, only having been survived by his daughters, Adelheid Ivrae and the late Liliane Ivrae-Kade.

Adelheid Ivrae, having given birth to the only surviving male Ivrae, had conceded on the inheritance line in favor of her older sister's line, who married the previous Lord Chancellor of Regalia, Moriarty Kade. With the departure of the Ivrae line from public view, the throne inheritance passed to Liliane Ivrae-Kade's first child, Alexander Drache Kade, the current Chancellor.

The Chancellor, recalled his father to re-assume the Chancellor's seat until a replacement can be found, which may not necessarily be a Kade. The church has started the sacraments with the body of the deceased Emperor, as Alexander Kade has accepted the title of Crown Prince.

As per custom in the Imperial family, new Imperial guards will be needed to serve the future royal. Prospect guards may contact either Imperial Guard Commander Joshua Kade, or the Crown Prince himself.

The Regalian State will engage in a full year of mourning for the death of the Emperor. Citizens are recommended to publicly mourn for a week, wearing black clothes in homage to the deceased Emperor. It is however recommended citizens mourn in private after the first week, as the Empire must continue to serve the divine date of Humanity, even at the death of it's most holy leader.

• Like x 4
    • Immersive x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Ben_2025

Ben_2025 Regalian Burgher

3. SatiricaI

SatiricaI The Dark Lord

WHAT?! HOLY HELL.

4. Shuikenai

Shuikenai Miracle Child

"How regrettable. May his name live on in his deeds and our dearest Kade rise to as great a stature."

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Deleted User 0206201901

Deleted User 0206201901 Beggar

Oh my. This is.. Wow.

6. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

Lanaskan's reaction: "Oh shit."

Baker John's reaction: "Ohe howe saaaaI don'te care."

Yung-Li's reaction: "Oh dear me, do they need someone to clean the new tomb of the old Emperor?"​

7. Tahmas

Tahmas English Insomniac

All hail the Kade God.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Verityg

Verityg Flailing Extraordinair

Dawn would slip on her midnight black silky dress, her eyes droopy and shoulders sunk. "Death seems to be too familiar, nowadays.."

9. Mecharic

Mecharic I'm tempermental, deal with it.

"May he find glory in the next life as he did in this life." - Duval Paloin

"I-I hope Sir Kade c-can continue th-the empire's d-deeds..." - Sarro Auber

"May he rest in peace. I do hope his successor isn't as skilled as his predecessor." - Alibaha Malikamel (far away from Regalia)

"The old has passed and the new has begun. May the both do well in their current states." - Marque Paloin

10. Metamorp

Metamorp Irka Roos: wild wig-wearing wretch

A letter would dawn upon the Chancellory, as such would be wrapped within a brown envelope hosting the Pileran emblem. Upon opening the letter, careful scripture would dot around a thick page. Included with the envelope would be several bouquets of flowers.

Directed to the Kade and Ivrae Lineage,

It is with deep sympathy that we are left with after hearing of the tragic event that has occurred. The memories of our Emperor shall be etched forever in our hearts, and especially as we extend our condolences to the family. The whole of Regalia shall take time to recover from this tragedy, however we will remain strong and resilient for the duration of our mourning process. If it not through blessings that we bid, it shalt be through gifts. Do so accept our token of respect with the dozens of bouquet flowers to be included with this statement.

With the utmost of condolences,
    The Pileran Family
    @Valsparr @Hiu403 @Braner321 @Sully

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ryciera

Ryciera When virtue is preyed upon.

In short, all you conformists need to fix your style. Those bright colors just look silly. Go goth or go home. :P

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. ChibiKitten

ChibiKitten A.D.D at it's finest

Stella Mystfire Falden- Being in Ithania, the young lass had not quite yet heard the news of the passing of the Emperor.

Anilmaril Bliss Satchel - Hearing the news of the Emperor's death, she would stand there around the mourning with her face showing a touch of sorrow. She silently takes out her lyre and begins playing it, her head tilted down as her fingers gently tug on the strings of the lyre. The soft tune was filled with what it seemed to be a song of goodbyes and wishes.

Scout Milaine- Taking in a deep breath of the flower scented air, she lets out a sigh of happiness, for the air smelled so sweet. Her happiness, however, is soon soiled by the cries of the Regalian citizens, as she hears "The Emperor is dead!" fill the air all around her. Scout mumbles under her breath "This city had an Emperor? Hmm..If only I could have seen the Emperor..If only...I could see him now.."

13. zxdcf21

zxdcf21 Ihtiran Ak'bash

OOC: Glory to the Sultanate

IC: Issam would be sitting in the tavern, a bottle of Brandy in his hand, as he hears the cries of the Town Crier "What a shame, I thought the Emperor of Regalia was Invincible, guess not."

14. TyrolleanEagle

TyrolleanEagle Grand Elder of Calemberg

Will Alexander be taking on the Ivrae name, or is the Kade family the new royal family?

• Like Like x 1
  15. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

Still up for discussion. It may also be an entirely separate family.

• Informative Informative x 4
  16. Elrond

Elrond

Arye would hear the sounds of cries in the distance as someone walks up to her and announces that the Emperor has died.
    "How unfortunate...." Arye would say in a soft and sad voice, seeming like she cared a lot.

The man the walks off, leaving Arye by herself is the cold grimy streets of the poor district. She aalks into an abandoned house where she has set up refuge for a few days, considering she would rather live here than on the streets or with someone else. She would walk over to the side of the room where her chest of special tailored clothes lay. She opens the kid and starts to rummage through the clusters of silk and cotton.

She finally comes across a black jacket, nicely sewn, she remembers wearing it to her fathers funeral, although it was big in her then, it now fits perfectly. She slides it on and buttons the jacket up. Walking out of the house and muttering
    "I guess I'm going to have to get used to Black.."

17. krios41

krios41 Privjet

time to wear mah fancy clothes
    until i found a skinner to change them to black:P

18. thesaboteur

thesaboteur Redemption Seeking Tigran and Awkward Flirt

Time for Adofo to be in mourning.

19. Braner321

Braner321 ♜Arthur Pileran♜Beauty Wrapped In Faith♜

Arthur was exercising in the Pileran Manor's yard as he heard the loud tolls of the Cathedral bells, and soon-after the shouts from the criers as they made their way through the street. Arthur had anticipated ill news, but non so ill as the death of the Emperor. He collapsed to his knees out of shock as tears began to roll down his face. A knot formed in his stomach as he covered his face and sobbed.

Only once before in his life had Arthur wept as he did now. He raised a fist and smashed it into the ground. Gravel was lodged into the knuckles of his fist as he did so, but he did not care. Bringing his hand back up and holding it with his other, Arthur began to pray in silence. He prayed that the Emperor had passed peacefully from this world, and also for guidance from the Union in these troubled times. Arthur remained in prayer for what seemed like hours before he got up and staggered back into the Manor, his knees weak and eyes red.

"Go out and fetch me black clothes..." He uttered to the first servant he passed by, continuing his way to his room. Once there, Arthur waited til the servant returned with the black attire and dismissed him. As the servant stepped out of the room, the door's lock clicked. The servant put his ear to the door and could hear the sobs of Arthur as he began to weep again.

20. 1002713Alex

1002713Alex Beggar

Now, time to decide which of my characters don't care and which ones will wear black to blend in.

21. indyfan98

indyfan98 I'm not narcissistic. I'm just better than you.

Oldor would say "The who? Emperor? Ne'er 'heard o 'i'm. Must be some sort o human thing."
    Bernard would say "Let's emperor is dead? Hoho! Eet is time to rise to power. L'empire iz mine for me taking! Oui oui!"

22. indyfan98

indyfan98 I'm not narcissistic. I'm just better than you.

I could totally see Bernard running around with a band playing his theme song. (See below)
    He could never find one, but still. He probably would if he could.

23. Sully

Sully The Huntsman

Two servants assist Terrowin by tieing the black leather tunic as he looked down from his room at Arthur.
    "Leave me." He said with a hollowed voice. The servants nodded before leaving the room.

24. TyrolleanEagle

TyrolleanEagle Grand Elder of Calemberg

And then get brutally murdered by Guards for celebrating the death of the most powerful man on Aloria.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. sadgirlsclub

sadgirlsclub edgelord of the year

Loud, obnoxious cries are heard with the distinct smell of sickeningly sweet pastries.
    "He didn' even getta try my cupcakes!" Is one of the many blubbers heard.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  26. Crugnor

Crugnor Wallpaper Enthusiast

Ichabod's eyes would widen in utter and complete disbelief. The Emperor Justinian, dead? The God that Ichabod had been so used to serving as a Guard had passed onto the next life. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. Ichabod would return to his home, many thoughts racing through his mind as he muttered prayers for his old Emperor. Afterward, he sat awake in bed, glaring out the window, watching the morning sun rise. No doubt the Crown Prince would need more Imperial Guards. Ichabod looked to the quill and parchment at his desk, considering writing a letter to Joshua Kade for the possibilities of a position as an Imperial Guard.

27. japkl

japkl Ranger of the North

Holy hell.....that's something

IC:
    Jakloyn sits at the tavern, listening to the bells of the church, and the crier outside ramble on about the death of the emperor. He sinks back farther into his chair, recalling what he can on the emperor. He shrugs, not concerned with the royalty of Regalia Jakloyn lifted himself off of the chair, and headed for the door, waving goodbye to the bartender as he did. He stood outside, watching the mourners fill the streets. "I better be off then" he thought, noticing he was the only one not dressed in black. He pulled up his hood, and headed toward the harbor.

28. ElfArcher9191

ElfArcher9191 Master Of Stealth

I LEAVE TO GO TO ONE GOLF MATCH AND OUR LEADER IS DEAD. GREAT....

• Funny Funny x 2
  29. wafflecash

wafflecash Crusader

William is sitting at his family manor in Ithania when his message servant arrives. After hearing the news William mutters "There has been a lot of deaths lately, one can never be too careful." then he yells out "Double the medical and security staff!" As he walks of to get into his black attire.

30. AlmightyCaralho

AlmightyCaralho Brasil acima de tudo, Deus acima de todos!

This is the name of dictatorship.

Too soon to say Hail the Kade?

31. Laach

Laach I'm not wearing a scouter.

tumblr_miadpnO4iR1rgz9z1o1_500.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  32. da_CamelQueen

da_CamelQueen Grumpy Artist

Good riddance RIP

• Agree Agree x 2
  33. Artemis_Hanzo

Artemis_Hanzo Regalian Pioneer

Artemis Lunarian: Overhears a conversation between Alexander Kade and Freya Lo and instantly knows what He means, in a panic makes sure his friends know later the town crier confirms this, But people seem to calm. in a rather strange way. Thinking The state Council with Alexander kade on top with all its special circumstances. Then the Emperors death... seems suspicious. But he is a "simple bard" what does he know.

34. Elrond

Elrond

Suspicious activities... Eh?

IC: Ayre hears the crying to the town crier "The Emperor is Dead"! Emperor dead.... And Kade with his state council.... Seems very suspicious.... Oh well. Let's just carry n like normal.

35. Artemis_Hanzo

Artemis_Hanzo Regalian Pioneer

Artemis is not the only one.

36. SatiricaI

SatiricaI The Dark Lord

Now this is something I can be sad about.

37. leafnosedbat

leafnosedbat juice thought. Supremium

Morei, upon hearing the crier, curses under his breath.
    "Bleedin' 'umans…"

----
    Does this mean Alorian time is advancing a year? Characters growing a year older, and so forth?

#37 leafnosedbat, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  38. BadladBarbas

BadladBarbas Meme Connoisseur

Hold on, Unionism worships the Emperors, so when Alex dies eventually, some of us will have met a god. Also, will there be a coronation event?

• Agree Agree x 1
  39. Azas

Azas lofi sihai

Nope no time change

40. Lord_Deadpool

Lord_Deadpool the bugmaster of roleplay

So emperor dies+kade familiy= new emperor thats a kade kade emperor+kade family+me+killing=the empire falling then me (a tigran)+the thrown= total world domination

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.