Thomas Of Rothburg

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Magivore, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Magivore

Magivore No Rest For The Wicked

"Somebody tell me that fate has been kind."
    Basic Information

• Full Name:
    • Race:
      • Colonial Ailor, full-blooded.
    • Sexuality:
      • Heterosexual.
    • Preferred Weapon:
      • Arbalest repeating crossbow and heavy bow artillery (scorpio, ballista, polyboros).
    • Main Ambition:
      • To be seen as a majestic knight serving a noble cause.
    "It is not the strength of the whip that harms others, but the weakness of the man wielding it."
    Skill Information

• School of Rothburg Siegemen
      • Awarded medal of 'The Iron Guard' in the 307 AC Dread Conflict of the Elven Moors for slaying a Kathar Blood Golem
    • Proficiency (29 to spend, 49 total):
      • +15 Crossbow Combat (+15 Points)
      • +10 Swords Combat (+5 Points, +5 Archan)
      • +9 Shielding Combat (+9 Points)
      • +6 Siege Command (+6 Talent)
      • +5 Fortification Art (+5 Hobby)
      • +5 Horticulture Art (+5 Hobby)
      • +4 Vocal Singing (+4 Talent)
    • Body Build (30 body stat (maximum)):
      • Athletic musculature
      • Low body fat
    • Languages (1 eligible):
      • Common (10/10)
    "I pray only that I am given the power to carry you home safe."
    Visual Information

• Eye Color:
      • Bark brown.
    • Hair Color:
      • Dirt brown.
    • Hair Style:
      • Mildly groomed, though kept at a moderate length with an asymmetrical center part.
    • Skin Color:
      • Tan.
    • Clothing:
      • Sky blue surcoat with a white cross through the whole fabric, a black horn sewn to the chest, simple neutral-hue trousers, working boots.
    • Height:
      • 5'-10".
    "I come bearing the word of God, even if that word is 'begone.'"
    Personality and Abilities

• Character Alignment
      • Neutral Good - Thomas believes in doing the right thing when the time calls for it. He's rather passive in measures of bringing about righteous change, such as making healthy habits or ignore controversial topics, but he is a passionate catalyst. Sometimes his sense of right surpasses the law, but he doesn't have the stomach to destroy an entire system on his own.
    • Personality Type
      • ENFP-T, the Campaigner - If there's an appeal to emotion and something that needs change, Thomas is sure to have already thought about it hours before it became a hot topic. However, he needs help getting ideas across due to his poor education and general ignorance of the world.
    • Religious Devotion
      • Unionism 8/10 - The Spirit may have failed Thomas a couple times, but he still believes that there is good worth fighting for. In a way, Unionism empowers him by giving him a reason to take pride in being a lowly Ailor crossbow levy even in the worst of times.
    Relationships
    To be produced.

"Adventure is out there, and I'm going to find it with the Spirit as my guide."
    Life Story

• 0 (May 30th, 283 AC) - 5
      • Tommy is born in the New Ceardian countryside by a family of humble farmers. Far from the port and deep in the mainland, little is to speak of when it comes to drama.
    • 6 - 10
      • Tommy joins his family in helping around with the land, tilling and harvesting every year as the Spirit's work had him born to do. As the eldest son in the family, his tenth birthday is a gift of education in the art of combat for the forces of Rothburg in Regalia, which his family had been saving for some time. Sent off to live in the villages outside of the city with distant relatives until his education is complete, he occasionally helps around as a harvester to keep up his coinage.
    • 10 - 18
      • Tom is taught his way around the sword, as are the rest of the boys his age in the region.
      • With part of his class split at the edge, those found the most unremarkable when it comes to the blade were also taught how to use a crossbow since most of the students were scheduled to be placed by castles and fortresses in the distant future.
    • 18 - 21
      • Things aren't looking too good around Regalia. Word spreads to the countryside that the Crown City had fallen to the influence of the Songaskians. Fearful of what may happen in the future, Tom prayed daily in the local churches for guidance in the future. Little did he know that, in that dark night, his prayer would soon be answered as a priest catches wind of his wish.
    • 21 - 22
      • Regalia is reclaimed, but the worst is soon produced: the damned and the dead, mixed in the most perverse fashion, rise again. Tom is placed on the walls of Rothburg as he is called to war, locked away from the rest of his family as letters suddenly stop being delivered and the relatives he had been living with are stuck within the city during the Deathling and Imperial blockade putting the city into lockdown.
      • The siege on Rothburg begins. With the undying force sauntering towards them, they engage in multiple brief struggles to keep the fortress from falling. Day by day, his untrained companions fall like lambs to the slaughter as they're picked off by their capable opponents. One of his only friends left are Quin Serrano, who he makes in the early stages of the siege before he is eventually pulled from reserves to sally into the battlefield, what he once believes to be never again.
      • Caught weeping in the middle of the night, the same devout Unionist that heard his prayer summers ago pulls him aside with an offering. So long as Thomas surrendered his soul to the Spirit, the priest promised that he would be given protection. Without a second thought, Thomas accepts, and receives a tattoo on his back in the shape of the Eye of Unionism at the top of a chain as his symbol of acceptance. He promises himself over to unionism as a whole, assuring that if he lived, he would be a vessel of 'the will of the spirit.'
      • The Great Battle of Rothburg begins, his surviving companions and friendly forces facing off against the hellish Ulfmen that were planning one final push. He was capable of bearing witness to many heroes that day, wishing to become much like those that kept their ground. Out of bolts and with a dulling blade, death is avoided as a mysterious ray of power rips apart his enemies in one fell swoop. With the extreme boost in morale, not to mention the crushing victory, he follows the rebels into the city as they go to storm the Palace.
      • With the Lo Occupation dying away and his skills sharpened, Thomas stays with his regiment and perfects his abilities. The combat they see is drastically reduced to the occasional criminal, the walls of Rothburg seeing no real battles beyond the past conflict.
    • 23 - 24
      • Thomas decided to make as much use of his skills as possible and quit the regiment not long after graduating. After all, he thought he was special, right?
      • Not long after joining the Black Regiment, a rather big mess of scandal, law changes, and warfare heroism brings too much stress to the man. Thomas spent a few months off at Rothburg as a patrol officer to recover and sharpen his ethical skills.

• Winner Winner x 15
    • Powerful Powerful x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #1 Magivore, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  2. Ailethi

Ailethi neighborhood milf lover Supremium

awwww love it
    I wanna be besties with Tommy

3. Canaanite

Canaanite Valentinian Shill

Claimed for review.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  4. Canaanite

Remove the Order of Talent from your application.

@Magivore

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  5. Magivore

I think I removed all mentions of it! I altered his aspect following instead to be a random stroke of luck in his backstory tied in with religious fanaticism that came from surviving Rothburg.

6. Canaanite

Approved.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Magivore

@Bagley_ Replaced school since I found myself unable to avoid constant Crossbow + Farmer + Improvised RP. I found it only appropriate to commit to that change! All modifications found in this hue.

8. Canaanite

Reapproved.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  9. Magivore

I made a terrible mistake limiting myself to crossbows and flails by either excluding myself from battle or getting myself hit because people immediately thought to dodge my attacks so I would hurt myself or others. The only revision here is proficiency points and random words in the lifestory (e.g. "crossbow" to "sword," "pavisa" to "tenpenny").

10. Canaanite

Reapproved.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  11. Magivore

@Bagley_ Now I'm set for a re-review! Updated proficiencies and added a single bullet to the very bottom of his life-story.

12. Canaanite

Reapproved.

13. Magivore

Made minor edits.
    • Removed Alt-Regalisch as a language.
    • Made available a relationship chart of the people he has had meaningful interactions with.

14. Magivore

Placing Thomas back into review due to updates.
    • Updated personality section to proper format.
    • Added preferred weapon to basic information.
    • Increased Thomas' age by one as an early birthday present (just in case I forget when the day comes), bolstering his Heavy Bows to +16 and changing him to 26.

• Educated Educated x 1
  15. Athelois

Athelois visceral bitch

@Magivore
    Hewwo, I'm stealing this app.
    • I can't even yell at you to swap over to the new format because you already did that. Clever boy.
    You're approved!

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. TheBearistotle

TheBearistotle W O R M

• Immersive Immersive x 1
  17. Nixces

Nixces N/A

hehe

• Immersive Immersive x 1
  18. Magivore

Updated Thomas' point values for the Ailor bonus update! @Athelois

19. Magivore

@Athelois Updated! Here's what's updated:

20. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main Supremium

21. Magivore

@Caelamus Character updated based on hobby points!

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  22. Caelamus

23. Magivore

Happy birthday, Dopsworth! I thought him being older just for more points didn't feel genuine for the naive soldier who still has room to dream. Included are features of him that have been modified (beyond simple age corrections of the life-story), which are quoted and in bright red.
    @Caelamus

24. Caelamus

• Like Like x 1
  25. Magivore

Thomas of Rothburg has been fully updated to adhere to the past 2 updates! All modifications have been summarized here.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  26. OkaDoka

OkaDoka Bottomless Pit Supervisor Staff Member Lore3

Claimed and approved.

• Like Like x 1