Shelved Character Therris

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Caelamus, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main Supremium

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Basic Information
    Name: Susila Sirallibu.
    Alias(s): Therris.
    Race: Dibawa-Allar, Nang (To non-Dibawa), Ksat (To other Dibawa).
    Sex: Male.
    Sexuality: Married.
    [​IMG]
    Core Concept
    Susila has experimented with the concept of personal faith and religion a lot throughout his life and is more or less a dedicated follower of the Allar practice called Keyakinan. It has taken many years for his Kelompok, or, personal circle of active worship to develop and has mostly been cultivated by outside cultures and influence from friends and family that live in Regalia. His current circle is very Estelley leaning as most of his friends and family follow that specific faith, although, he has had a lot of personal and close experiences with the Estelley pantheon that definitely warrants belief and faith to them in his eyes. During the chapter of his life that he was soul cursed, he became so fervently dedicated to the faith of his companions that he started to slip into the niche of a priest until he was cured and returned back to his original calling in life.

His core concept is very heavily tied to the Allar caste system. From the very moment Susila could walk he had begun training to be a warrior and fulfill his role and purpose within Allar society. To say that he exists within the warrior character archetype would be somewhat of an understatement, from his youth spent playfighting with other hatchlings to his adult life spent in the gladiator arena or training fields, Susila has always been and always will be a warrior in dedicated service to his people and to the state.

Like many other warrior archetypes, Susila has a code of honor that he chooses to follow and will never break or stray away from its tenets that he has set for himself.

-Never attack an unarmed individual, or an individual who is surrendering. Discarding of a weapon without intent to surrender is nothing more than a tactic.

-Never attack an individual from behind, as it is an act of cowardice.

-Never seek to lie or deceive an individual. Not mentioning something does not count as lying.

-Good sportsmanship in combat is important and never seek a battle that holds no meaning.

-Never flee from a fair fight.

-Never take life unless it is necessary, be mindful of others and do not pursue combat as a conflict's first resolution. Every person is the protagonist of their own story, and each think that what they are doing is the right thing for their own reasons.

[​IMG]
    Visual Information
    Susila resembles an upright Great White Shark in both the design of his head, fins, physique and tail with exceptions only to his coloration. His scales are a mix of mostly blue, with some gray, and a pale underbelly but what sets him apart from his kin are the stripes that line his body that share similarities to the waves of light piercing into the deep blue sea from above. He stands at a height of seven feet and shares many physical similarities to an Urlan. Built for combat and taking on strong adversaries or large prey.

He prefers to wear clothing made from the material elastan, often being little more than wraps to cover his legs, pants or the like. His current preference are a pair of pants made from elastan bound with a colorful cloth. Sometimes he wears clothes that are Fin’ullen in fashion, often given to him as gifts by his wife who is a Daphalar. He refuses however to wear Ailor clothing citing not only is it impractical for him and his lifestyle but he culturally identifies as being Dibawa-Allar and prefers to remain closer to his, and his people’s, roots. Also land-dweller clothes are intended for land-dwellers, which, he is not.

[​IMG]

Susila is a Scaled Marken that resembles an oversized upright crocodile with fins.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Proficiency
    F
    ighting Style(s)
    Warrior

Heritage Packs
    I. Oceanic Pack
    II. Diving Tackle

7 Strength
    Makes use of his own natural weapons, tooth, claw and his sense of smell.
    Free. Weapon Throw
    I. Technique Parry
    II. Concussive Blow
    III. Pinning Throw
    IV. Knockback Sweep
    V. Combat Sight
    VI. Shrug Off
    VII. Steady Body

2 Wisdom
    Susila does not actively augment themselves with alchemy while in combat, rather this is more reflected by alchemical genetic modification done by his mother when he was still an egg. The alchemical solutions embedded into his system activate whenever adrenaline begins to circulate in his system.
    I. Chem Hyperfocus
    II. Chem Berserk

5 Constitution
    Instead of a shield, he uses his scaled hide for protection.
    Free. Shield Block
    I. Shield Taunt
    II. Shield Deflect
    III. Shield Slam
    IV. Shield Phalanx
    V. Rebound

Hobbies
    Alchemy Hobby
    Athletic Hobby

Languages
    Pidato
    Common
    Altalar

[​IMG]
    Life Story / Plothooks
    While this section is mainly for life story/plot hook purposes, I am going to include other facts and things about Susila as a character as well.

-Susila was a child born to a period of conflict, strife and hardship for both his family and his people surrounding the events of the Chrysant War. He was born in the wake of casualty wherein his people needed more able-body warriors and hunters to make up for all the lives of combatants lost in the war both on the sea and on land. From the very day he was born, Susila had purpose and knew his role in life.

-He wasn't kept or raised by his own biological mother, as the caste system would dictate since she was not of the same caste as Susila, he was given to some friends of the family who were and hadn't any hatchlings of their own to take care of. It was a good and fairly normal upbringing for an Allar, he had two loving dads and was raised alongside five other siblings who like him came from different parents. Later on Susila ended up serving in the military alongside his siblings, all those years of playfighting were put to real use in the later wars Regalia went on to fight. Particularly they fought as a squadron of guerilla fighters in the Dread Empire-Regalian War in the dense jungle forests of Daen some years later. During this chapter of his life, he went on to have some children of his own but the relationships didn't last. He unfortunately wasn't the one left to take care of them as they all belonged to different castes-- except one who he did directly raise.

-During times of peace and the Empire wasn't at war or suffering some regional conflict, Susila would just uproot his life and leave familiar shores to travel the world and has been a lot of time overseas on the coasts of Daen, particularly among the Fin'ullen who he found he had a lot in common with given his roots belonging to the Dibawa people. Although, one of his favorite hobbies during this time period was collecting random knick knacks and things he could find made by local artists to bring to his home. Despite living and breathing nothing but the warrior life style, Susila does have a high appreciation for art and the beauty of the world and has a few artistic hobbies himself, specifically, he enjoys tailoring his own clothes.

-There does exist a dubious chapter in Susila's life where he was afflicted with a soul curse and chose a darker path in Regalia's underbelly alongside religious fantatics and cultists but this chapter did yield some good things he kept going forward. Some new friends, connections and beliefs were formed from the fires of conflict, trial and tribulation. This was very much a point in Susila's life where he began to explore more of his own character and who he was as a person. It was much of the basis for the foundation of his religious beliefs and during his time exploring what life was like as a criminal, he met his wife who he proposed to and later married.

-Eventually, Susila's dubious chapter came to a close and he served in law enforcement for awhile and got to see many different perspectives. What it was like to be on the wrong end of the law and the one who was enforcing it. Eventually he decided on leaving both behind to circle back to his roots of being a proud warrior with a fine appreciation for art. Focusing more on domestic concerns and family life, although, he is still an active member of the Regalian military whenever conflict arises.

-The unit that Susila serves in is called "The Seven Waves" and is made up almost entirely of his own siblings aside from their squad leader. Which, there is seven of them in their unit funnily enough, each member could be said to be one of the "waves". Their banner also depicts seven waves in different shades of blue, white and purple.

-Susila unfortunately doesn't have many interesting plot points as a character, he's just a normal Allar dude for the most part who has gone through and seen some things in his life. He was participant to a lot of Regalia's wars and recent conflicts. He fits within the niche of an aging warrior, there's a myriad of different ways to interact with him from military service, religious debate, art, or other various things. He is a fairly open ended character.

-Susila possesses Markenism, or rather is a Marken but it is dubious how he came into possession of it as it's not a subject of frequent debate or discussion. There is one certainty to anyone who has witnessed or is aware of what he is, he does possess almost total control and is certainly a Scaled Marken.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #1 Caelamus, Oct 30, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2024
  2. fantuinn

fantuinn most honest biped in athens Staff Member Lore2

Claimed for review.​

3. fantuinn

4. Caelamus

@fantuinn Tagging for re-review, I decided to make Therris into a werebeast. I combined an Orca with a Polar Bear. It's great.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  5. fantuinn

6. Caelamus

Tagging to request a small re-review @fantuinn
    I swapped Bunkering of the Cave Bear to Stalk of the Wolverine. I noticed there was ability overlap with Bunkering of the Cave Bear and Mai's native immunity to being stunned. So swapped to a more useful ability that gives some utility use also added more ritualism.

• Winner Winner x 1
    #6 Caelamus, Nov 25, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  7. fantuinn

8. Caelamus

@fantuinn Tagging for review. I removed bola combat because I never used the bolas in roleplay and the act of using a bola underwater is borderline meme worthy. Instead redistributed points into proficiency more relevant to the character. Added more ritualism and expanded on the character's religion.

9. fantuinn

10. Caelamus

@fantuinn no more monkeys jumping on the bed. Ritualism has been yote in favor of sailing art because I thought the aesthetic of having a mai-allar that just uses some boat as his house is a pretty cool idea. you could just like, drive it out into the ocean and never really be lost or want to go back to land because you're aquatic anyway. it's like an actual house that moves.

11. Azas

Azas lofi sihai

@Caelamus I'll be picking up this review. Approved with a few misc thoughts:
    • You're capped on physical stat, although you do have some contributors missing in the calculator (your two hobby profs). Doesn't change the outcome of course
    • You still have ritualism mentioned in the life story as an FYI
    • Definitely room to expand more on his recent history

12. Caelamus

I require thine review. @Azas

13. Azas

Azas lofi sihai

@Caelamus Orcabear is approved once again

14. Caelamus

@Azas I added in sorcery whenever Therris ends up getting cured eventually, so I can do acolyte rp with Nerissa.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  15. Caelamus

@Azas Updated sheet, realized I can't use deep world mutations without being fin'ullen, which is fine since I didn't use the pack on anybody so I just removed it and replaced it with Light Mend 1. Wrote into life story tidbits to keep the mutations through backstory because I like having blue eyes.

More notable change was mentioning the character being cured of werebeastism, this is to reflect ongoing roleplay that will occur later this evening ahead of time.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Caelamus

@Azas Requesting re-review. I overhauled proficiency to reflect the direction I want to play the character and I condensed the life story a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Caelamus

@Azas I wish to become one quarter bear.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Caelamus

@Azas Tagging to let you know that now that Therris isn't constrained to bear or bear adjacent, I went wild and got a lot more creative with their Cahal form.

19. Caelamus

@Azas There is a lot of tags/pings. I am once again informing you of a change, albeit this one is to let you know that the character has once again contracted exist rabies and their sorcery is no longer active. Therris is once again converted into Cahal,

• Like Like x 1
  20. Caelamus

@Azas I am once again asking for your review, but have a bit more grounded reasoning this time.
    With Birdie no longer playing Nerissa as much and focusing more on her vampire, so I probably won't be able to hook into acolyte/nessrassian cult stuff and I don't think the character is ever going to stop being Cahal or doing Cahal stuff, I reshuffled the sorcery points to the following effects;

-Moved 5 points into vocal because it makes sense to the character as a Mai-Allar because it's a common cultural thing and the character sings a lot during Cahal rituals.
    -Moved another 5 into Construction Arts because the character is a nomadic wanderer and I thought it would be cool to build a half sunken cabin in the woods that looks abruptly abandoned and gets used for cryptid sacrifice rp.
    -Moved the final 5 into fist combat because they tend to use their claws a lot and did use it a lot in past iterations for frequent maulings. I didn't raise it any higher because the character is already combat heavy and it wouldn't make much sense for them to know anything higher than just mauling without much forethought. No elaborate art to it.

Overall I'm content with everything else, everything else gets used very frequently in roleplay and makes sense to the current iteration of the character. I just removed sorcery because I don't think it is ever going to see the light of day again and I want to try out the creepy sunken cabin thing. (I was inspired by this story.)

I had some really cool RP with shielding the other day of using the shield as a surf board funnily enough.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Caelamus

@Azas Updated to new format, that is basically all I did beyond using more blunt language in the life story. I focused a lot more on the visual section and the concept. I think I hit the nail on the head by comparing him to a Ronin or wanderer warrior.

Much is still the same, I'm actually very happy with the character's concept and niche.

22. Azas

Azas lofi sihai

@Caelamus Combat feels a bit overtuned, please drop a level of shielding or the fist combat (assuming you want to keep the racial on spear)

23. Caelamus

I think I'll just artificially remove the spear bonus or just keep their racial bonus as being unused and drop spear down to 10 because their defensive abilities are a lot more core to the character than their offense if that works.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Caelamus

Requesting rejection as this character is being retired. @Azas
    Reasons why for those interested in knowing: Character is well over seven years old and has served their purpose. There's no where else for them to go or progress to in the current climate. Mai-Allar/Allar in general are my favorite race though.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  25. Caelamus

Updated the character to newer standards. Also overhauled their appearance. Full shark.

26. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

APPROVED

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  27. Caelamus

Just made minor edit to moving Enchant Magic Pack into their Cahal commutable whenever they're infected again. Added Space Magic because I want spellblade weapon summoning aesthetic.

28. BiBiBirdie

BiBiBirdie The Bird Monarch

29. Caelamus

@BiBiBirdie I moved around literally 1 whole point because I don't need water magic. I moved it into strength to be stronger because this is a warrior character.

30. BiBiBirdie

31. Caelamus

I made Therris into a full throttle battlemage.

32. Caelamus

33. BiBiBirdie

34. Caelamus

35. BiBiBirdie

Approved! Be free, be lava fish.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  36. Caelamus

@BiBiBirdie Tagging just to let you know that I edited the specials. I just removed heat immune and swapped around stuff like star power for things like snow element, light etc that are more exist oriented and he already has Lunar power.

37. Caelamus

Swapped around some training packs in constitution.

38. Caelamus

@BiBiBirdie With the addition of more harmful magic. I have chosen violence even further. Also changed up his brood form since it never really saw the light of day. It's rare that I use it and I want to make it's appearance sort of significant.

#38 Caelamus, Nov 19, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
  39. BiBiBirdie

40. Caelamus

@BiBiBirdie Tagging to let you know I've decided to update/change/retcon Therris' Cahal form since I haven't used it in a year or so now. Decided to go with a less fighter and more spellcaster-esque form that embodies the storm. Might be quirky and switch magic aesthetic when using it too. Shoot lightning bolts at people.