The Vanhessia Culture & Fencing Society

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by kirishark, Oct 15, 2020.

1. kirishark

kirishark high school musical 2 enthusiast Supremium

[​IMG]

Information

The Vanhessia Culture & Fencing Society was born out of boredom and a distinct discomfort with idleness. I personally believe, as people, regardless of circumstance, we should always be working towards our better selves, even in our free time. The fruits of our culture, hobbies passed from mother to child, sibling to sibling, have long been lost for some, but here I present the opportunity to revive the skills of our forefathers and continue the line. This club serves as a space for all to teach and learn the hobbies and practical skills of respective our cultures, whether that be cooking a dish from your homelands, dancing the steps of old or sculpting faces long forgotten, we have a place for you here.

As an avid fencing fanatic, I’ve decided to make our fencing sector a prominent feature of the club, as I have noticed and met a great sum of fans like myself with no place to turn to. Leutz-fencing will be preferred, naturally, but we will accept any interested fencers regardless of style or origin.

Should you want to join, all I ask is you pen an expression of your interest, as well as a brief description of yourself and your relevant skills to Ser Florian Peirgarten. Bare in mind, we are looking for both presenters and presentees in all applicants, so if you’re proficient in a hobby or skill you’d like to teach or perhaps you’d like to learn, may this serve as a prime opportunity to do so. While this society is open for commoners to join, a certain modicum of respect for noble etiquette is expected, and failure to comply will result in immediate expulsion.

Sanguine, Werebeasts and Kathar need not apply.

OOC Information

This club is supposed to be a decently accessible hub for those who wish to engage in tutor roleplay, as a student or mentor, a cross-section for regular, respectable commoners to engage with Nobles, and simply, an environment for characters to bond/progress outside of academia. Meetings will be hosted semi-frequently, and presentations/lectures may be lead by anyone, as long as they have the proficiency points to back up their expertise. This society focuses more-so on culture-derived hobby or practical skills, although, combat can be taught as a form of self-defence, as long as there is a distinct connection with your character’s culture.

Biweekly, there will be a presentation led by one member of the group. This presentation will show off a skill/hobby reflective of the character's culture, and so, it will serve as an ic introduction to the skill/hobby displayed as well as giving the other members a bit of insight into the culture itself and a practical skill to take away from the experience.

Application format:

IGN:
    Character’s name:
    Letter:

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #1 kirishark, Oct 15, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  2. kirishark

Members

Ser Florian Peirgarten
    Machioness Milena Cadieux
    Ser Henri Cadieux
    Dame Emilienne Devereuz
    Baron Abelhard Latimer
    Countess Amelina Peirgarten
    Dame Humaira Reinard
    Dame Katrin Latimer

Ser Sebastein Reinard
    Dame Reina Cadieux
    Lady Haeddi Harhold

Dame Magda Fristadvlom Reinard
    Dame Isabelle Cadieux
    Sol Tehrathel Avalorn
    Dame Eponia Eledhwen
    Silver Swyftfurusat

Cro-Maarx Vyzal
    Laurent of Bressuivre
    Mercurio Ascencio

Who: You, possibly?
    What: Culture!
    When: Biweekly (once every two weeks)
    Where: Peirgarten Estate
    Why: Because y'all need some culture

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    #2 kirishark, Oct 15, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  3. HereticTakao

HereticTakao dark spirited demidevil

IGN: HereticTakao
    Character’s name: Laurent
    Letter:

Dear Ser Florian Peirgarten, ​

I hope this letter finds you well. My name is Laurent of Bressuivre, and I would love to join The Vanhessia Culture Fencing Society. My interests and hobbies lie in but are not limited to; baking, unarmed combat, and a bit of alchemy. I can certainly teach all of those to anyone who would like to learn, however- I am open to learning new skills and recipes, both pastry and alchemical, as well.

Sincerely,
    Laurent of Bressuivre ​

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. kirishark

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  5. Doeelk

Doeelk gay, just gay

IGN: Doeelk
    Character Name: Magda Fristadvlom (Reinard)

Letter: Dear Ser Florian, I hope this letter finds you in good health and fine spirits. My name is Magda Reinard, cousin of the baroness Novellia. I’ve just recently started to use the rapier and Henri recommended the society to me so that I might learn more about it! I’ve also heard it’s full of very nice people and I would love to join everyone and make some new friends.

Best wishes,
    Magda Reinard

6. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

IGN: AtticCat
    Character’s name: Haeddi Harhold
    Letter:

To Sir Florian Peirgarten,

Let me in.

Love,
    Lady Haeddi Jehanne Harhold

7. kirishark

8. MolagBallin

MolagBallin .

IGN: MolagBallin
    Character’s name: Sebastein Reinard
    Letter:

To Sir Florian Peirgarten,

To see you oncemore and running a fencing society no less. It certainly has been a while. I will have to come along and join this club of yours, to upkeep the skills we had both once learned at school together. That truly does sound exhilarating now, doesn't it?

Old friend,
    Sebastein Reinard

9. kirishark

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1