Archived The "this Is So Goth" Rating

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

TheBatman1016

Definitely Maybe
Reaction score
Faction
Agarius
Kingdom
Arinthian Coalition
Not too long ago, the forums received the "this is so goth" rating as an option. I guess I could see it being used in a couple of situations, but this is not the case. It has become possibly the most abused rating to exist on the forums. On nearly every thread, regardless of the content there are goth ratings. I would link some threads, but that would be pointless as there are so many. The sitiatution has become even worse than the infamous "Pink cloud" rating. So I suggest this rating be removed, as I have only seen maybe 1-2 correct uses of it, but dozens and dozens of rating abuse from it.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I don't see why a simple rating annoys you. Sure it is abused but it doesn't really matter. Also I feel this will be abused by the TISG rating.

It's my favourite rating. I'm cool with little spiders. You arachnophobes, you.

I don't see why a simple rating annoys you. Sure it is abused but it doesn't really matter. Also I feel this will be abused by the TISG rating.
Its just un-neccesarry spam. Its also like if someone rated bunch of your posts offensive for no reason, meaning they just gave you a rating that doesn't "rate" you post. Theres just no point to it and it gives no benefit to the forums.

Last edited:
Its just un-neccesarry spam. Its also like if someone rated bunch of your posts offensive for no reason, meaning they just gave you a ratting that doesn't "rate" you post. Theres just no point to it and it gives no benefit to the forums.
I'm pretty sure you can set your alerts do ratings don't show. Problem solved.

Ladies and gents, I would like you all to put your hands together for @Grailen for proving my point exactly

We need a rating, that's allowed to abuse with.

I have maybe abused it. But I have also used it properly. Atleast when TerrariaUK told his worlds disappeared.

It´s basicly the darker version of the old pink cloud.

Lets compare them:
Both had their intended purpose.
Both were sometimes used for their intended purposes.
Both were mostly used to trololo people (ESPECIALY in threads containing any refference about the rating.).

TL ; DR: Black is the new Pink

It´s basicly the darker version of the old pink cloud.

Lets compare them:
Both had their intended purpose.
Both were sometimes used for their intended purposes.
Both were mostly used to trololo people (ESPECIALY in threads containing any refference about the rating.).

TL ; DR: Black is the new Pink
Pink cloud still exists... unless there was a different pink cloud

I enjoy the This is so goth rating. So please shut your fave :P thanks

Honestly I feel like ratings are always used very passive-aggressively. For example, I haven't seen this much on massive, but on other forums I will see rating-spam flame wars in which both people just shoot thumbs downs at each other and just get more and more angry.

I suppose I agree with you, but I don't feel incredibly strong about it. I don't care that much about what people do and don't rate, though I feel like it would be fine if we just had like and dislike.

-braces for the onslaught of goth ratings-

Not too long ago, the forums received the "this is so goth" rating as an option. I guess I could see it being used in a couple of situations, but this is not the case. It has become possibly the most abused rating to exist on the forums. On nearly every thread, regardless of the content there are goth ratings. I would link some threads, but that would be pointless as there are so many. The sitiatution has become even worse than the infamous "Pink cloud" rating. So I suggest this rating be removed, as I have only seen maybe 1-2 correct uses of it, but dozens and dozens of rating abuse from it.
well the "abuse" of a new anything happens, just give it time and im sure people will relax on the whole thing

It's my favourite rating. I'm cool with little spiders. You arachnophobes, you.
i dont understand why this rating gets hate, they are so cute, i lubs wee little spiders :3 .........................unless one is on me in which case they just took it too far D:

well the "abuse" of a new anything happens, just give it time and im sure people will relax on the whole thing
Well the thing is here we are 2-3 months later and it is still abused at the same rate, so its not some fad that blew over quick;y.

eh, just act like nothing happened, some people still do it to get a reaction out of people like you ;)
So you are admitting that this whole rating exists mainly so assholes can annoy people? Because again there really aren't any accurate uses of the rating.

So you are admitting that this whole rating exists mainly so assholes can annoy people? Because again there really aren't any accurate uses of the rating.
well maybe its a silly rating and should be taken as a joke.... and are you calling me an a$$hole? because im properly using my opinion right now

I think if Pink cloud was removed because it was being abused the only logical source of action would be to remove the "This is so Goth" rating as well. Seeing how the entire history of the rating needs to be dug through to did up a single use of it being correct, I am sure it will affect no one negatively if it is removed. Making removal the only legitimate decision based on a cost-benefit analysis.